Reviews for Stop Loss
Munchkins.x chapter 2 . 6/26/2013
So far, so good! I can't wait to read the next chapter and I guess that's what I'm going to do now. Your written is really good and I don't know but Blaine is just adorable here.

Love this.
letshaveakiki chapter 14 . 5/7/2013
ooh, Kurt, I like the dominant little thingy at the end, silly boy ;) i really like the intense atmosphere around the two!
BrandSpankingNew chapter 33 . 4/27/2013
Wow. This was lovely. I'm a huge fan of klaine and you did them justice in this fic-so much angst and love, and really looking at their imperfections both individually and as a couple-in a way that was real and true. Also, you made me feel sympathy for Jesse St James, and I kind of hate him in the show, so good on you with that. A beautiful story. :-)
slice-of-insanity chapter 33 . 4/9/2013
I just have to say: this is an amazing, amazing AU. Though at some times I felt that Kurt and Blaine didn't really feel like teenagers (both are very rational compared to their canon selves) I loved reading about both of them nonetheless and your Jesse voice was perfect. I found the universe-building with this AU- especially the ins and outs of Vocal Adrenaline- fascinating and believable. Also, I'm awake at one in the morning on a school night contemplating rereading this right after I've just finished the entire thing, so that may just be the best compliment of all :)

I've really become attached to these two characters, and would love to see Kurt get his performance camp happy ending someday.
atomiccounty chapter 33 . 3/24/2013
Wow. Okay. Deep breaths. Wow. This story.
This is quite possibly the best fanfic I have ever read. After I finished it, I actually went back and read it again. It was absolutely amazing.
The characters, the plot, the words. It was all perfect. Completely perfect.
amrawo chapter 33 . 2/19/2013
This story was absolutely wonderful! It wasn't what I was expecting, but it was amazing and so well written! Loved it so much, I can't handle it.
Artemis Fortune chapter 33 . 2/9/2013
This is beautiful and it felt natural how they moved through their relationship AND RAFIKI! I can't even explain it. Great Job! :')
hideunspoken chapter 33 . 2/5/2013
Okay. So, I've had this fic on my "to read" list for a while, but it was intimidatingly lengthy, so I had put it off. Well, having just finished this entire thing in two days I can say that while I think it's the longest fic I've read, it is also one of the best, most well-written fics I've read as well.
The way you write Jesse St. James is absolutely phenomenal. I think you capture his dramatic and overly theatric side without going overboard, and I have yet to read a fic with him in it that is done nearly as well as in this one. I know it wasn't the purpose or focus, but I loved every single scene with him, and I actually started shipping St. Hummel in the process, which again, not the purpose, but it happened. I'm a little confused as to exactly what happened in his and Kurt's relationship, though, as there were insinuations made, but nothing was really stated outright. I had read the parts where there background was mentioned, but it still left me a little confused, though that could be in part by the fact that the past two days have been consumed by me reading this monster of a fic and the fact that I ate up every little scene and mention about those two together.
I literally have nothing but good things to say about this. Your characterization of Kurt in particular is one of the best I've read, and I'm starting to become incoherent as I just want to babble about every little thing that I have loved about this from characters to plot and every thing in between. Lovely, lovely job!
kerwin51 chapter 33 . 2/3/2013
YourFairyGodfather, I've really enjoyed reading your story. I've read a lot of Kalne over the last year or so, and it is unusual for me to laugh aloud as often as I have reading StopLoss. Thank you for the great read.
FreezingPenguins chapter 33 . 1/27/2013
I LOVED this fic. It was romantic and sweet and angsty all in the right proportions. Your version of Kurt is amazing. He's confident and talented and so very compassionate. And Blaine was a darling, and you made him a very nice Grandma. And I loved Shelby.

But I think the best bits was the chemistry between Kurt and Jesse, and all the antagonistic complicated friendship parts. I totally love Klaine, and I was rooting for them throughout, but the Kurt and Jesse interactions were the most interesting I have read between two characters in a long time.

Anyway, I'm adding this to my favourites! :) Thank you for writing it!
Katherine chapter 33 . 1/13/2013
Geez, I barely knew how to handle this fic, because it was sooooooooooooooooo gooooooood. Normally it takes me a while to get through fanfics, especially ones of this size, but I could not stop reading in the past two days. I've read so much Klaine fanfiction, but this one is easily in my top 5 stories ever.

I started to write this review because of how much I appreciated this fic for so many different things, but I fear it will mostly be incoherent flailing.

The characterization and development of all the characters was so fabulous. Jesse was incredible. He was such an interesting character, with all his motivations and how that affected how he treated other people. He's so amazing because he wasn't just a one sided "good guy" or "bad guy." It was really great to read.

Blaine and Kurt were also sooooo good. I really appreciated how their relationship grew, and how aware you were of the faults and strengths in that relationship. You handled the relationship so well because no, it wasn't perfect for a lot of reasons, but they were willing to make it work. It was so impressive how faithful you stayed to their characters. It never felt like, oh, this is just another story about how perfect Kurt and Blaine are together. The characters and relationship developed so well. I loved how you showed the difference between Kurt and Blaine-how initially, Kurt is ready to do anything to succeed, and how that kind of drew him and Jesse together, and then how Blaine is different from them in what he values. Kurt and Blaine were both so fascinating because of their individual vulnerabilities. I'm sorry, I don't think I'm doing a good job at all of explaining what I appreciate about this story! You made me so invested in this version of Kurt and Blaine, and I was crying during several of these chapters, especially the later ones. There were times I had to stop reading just to pull at my hair because the story was so painful because you had done such a good job making me so invested!

Oh, and Kurt and Blaine's relationships with their parents were done so well. I loved getting to see how Kurt's relationship grew with his dad after his dad's heart attack, and I really appreciated how accurate it was to have their relationship not be as close at first because of the time commitment of Vocal Adrenaline. Everything with Kurt's mom was also really heart wrenching.

I was also so impressed with how you handled Blaine's relationship with his parents, because it's so realistic in so many ways. It makes sense that they would be nervous that Blaine being gay would get him into trouble/make his life harder, and how that apprehension would translate to them appearing less than supportive of Blaine being gay. I thought that was really well done on both sides, and definitely true to my life.

This whole AU was done so well because the entire thing was so true to the characters and where they were in their development. It's easy to see how Kurt going to Carmel affected his relationships and his drive, and you did such a good job handling the aftermath of the attack on Blaine and how that affected him. There were so many moments where I thought, Wow, this could totally have happened. I also thought everything that had to do with Vocal Adrenaline was so well done, including Kurt and Blaine's realizations about it before they ended up leaving.

The whole part with Kurt and saving the zoo pretty much made me misty-eyed throughout. The lions throughout the story were so great. Also, I really loved that you treated Rachel so well. I feel like too often, Rachel's feelings are disregarded or treated as inconsequential in other fics, and so I appreciated that that wasn't the case here with the whole deal with Jesse.

The ending of this story was really satisfying. I kinda flipped out when we found out Blaine was transferring to Dalton, which really made so much sense for his character. I loved all the parts where Kurt and Blaine were reconnecting, at the end of the year and over the summer, and I thought Blaine's notebook for Kurt with all of the post-it notes was really touching. And then of course I was so excited when Kurt was sitting on the stairs at Dalton, and Kurt and Blaine's talk and Blaine telling Kurt to fight him for every solo, and then Kurt's audition. It was so perfect, and I loved how the Warblers were contrasted to Vocal Adrenaline. Yay for Wes!

Clearly, this story made me feel and think a lot of things, so thank you so much for sharing and writing it! I'm sorry if the above review didn't always make sense, there was just so much to say, and I'm sure as soon as I post this, I'll think of another half dozen things I wanted to comment on. I don't think I've ever read a fic this fast-I usually save my frantic "Next chapter, next chapter, next chapter!" on long awaited sequels to books, so the fact that I sped through this so fast means I need to (get to!) read through this again more slowly to fully appreciate it. Thank you, thank you, thank you for writing such a fantastic fic! 333
Bambi McBarbie chapter 33 . 12/10/2012
incredible story! read it, cried, laughed, loved it!
Eirian chapter 8 . 11/16/2012
I literally got full-body chills when Kurt figured out who Rachel was/why Jesse was interested in her. Then I had to go back and slowly re-read the revelation just to savor it-and then I started tearing up, for some weird reason. It was just PERFECT.

I should be sleeping, not reading. But this is such a good AU...I just can't be bothered with sleep right now. Love it.
ButYouCanCallMeCharlie chapter 33 . 11/1/2012
So my soul's sobbing at 12:09a.m. because of this incredible fic, I loved it more than brown peanut m&m's so thank you so much for writing it!
ButYouCanCallMeCharlie chapter 29 . 11/1/2012