Reviews for Stop Loss
The Peppermint Field chapter 33 . 9/24/2012
I really want to cry now. This is such a beautiful and amazing and gritty and real and witty and clever story. I'm literally enchanted by it. You are an incredibly talented writer and I feel honoured to read this. I like Glee but I think I'd love it if you were writing.

Where to start? Where to start?
Rachel. You write her so, so well. Everything she says, the speech she has Finn memorise, the constant reference to the Two Gay Dads (the capitalisation is lovely). It's stunning.
Your Finn is just really great. It's as if you've taken all the best bits of Season 1 Finn and mixed it with some really great dialogue.
Your Jesse is insanely good. Jonathon Groff's voice is speaking the sentences you have written for him in my mind and it is crazy wonderful.
Like everyone of the characters I've already mentioned Blaine is incredible in this piece. There's a certain depth to him that we don't often see on the actual show and the scene in which Kurt and he have the confrontation because he doesn't care as much about VA things, the chapter of which I have sadly forgotten, is so raw and wonderful and it just sticks out as such a good moment that fits the canon characterisation so well.

Burt is amazing on the screen and in this fic. Enough said.

Kurt. Oh my word. This piece brings out his wit, his compassion, a fierce determination, and such a sense of reality it's insane. The little details that you have incorporated are literally about to make me cry again. How he forgets to eat, how he orders Shelby coffee when they talk, how hard he work. This story is literally everything I've ever wanted in a Glee fanfiction, it has the comedic overtones of the show (well at lease the cleverness of Season 1) but it shows just how much hard work would have to go into making VA a reality. The physiotherapists (the squats Kurt was prescribed for a spell sound torturous), the testing for members' rankings for flexibility and various other measurements, the injury roster, the 'being pulled out of lunch, gym and a few other things for dance tutelage'. I am utterly in love with these details and how you've incorporated them. I'm a science student in reality but I have a secret love affair with reading up on preparing for performance.

Back to Kurt. How he interacts with the reality of VA, 'the quick set of crunches' while Blaine's in the bathroom before the dance, how he looks after Burt/starts Tai Chi with him, the acknowledgement of how difficult it is to make it in the business. It's insanely good (as I've already and will continue to state).
me
I can't properly express (science student) how much I love your story, how it resonates with me, how incredibly talented I think you are and I have to admit it broke my heart when Shelby left and I was left with the idea of Dustin Goolsby (the transfer to Dalton was handled with such elegance by you). So, thank you. This is honestly amazing.
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 14 . 9/24/2012
I'm imagining Kurt going after Blaine's non-existent ex with a flamethrower. It's a very delightful image. I realise I lot of other stuff happened in this chapter, but that kind of stood out to me.
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 12 . 9/24/2012
The whole Black Friday sequence at the beginning (especially the comment about not being afraid to draw blood) had me literally laughing out loud. "Thanks. Buy a watch, idiot" had about the same reaction. And then any time Dakota Stanley said anything... Let's just say that there were inappropriate giggles all throughout this chapter.

I'm not... too worried about the ending. Ignoring the fact that I can just hit the next button to find out what happens, I'm forcefully telling myself that Burt is an understanding father and won't respond any differently than a father would upon catching his daughter making out with her boyfriend on the couch.

... Actually, now that I think about it, maybe I *should* be worried.
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 11 . 9/24/2012
This chapter seemed to put emphasis on the fact that, despite the fact that Kurt and Blaine's relationship needs to last forever, they *are* still a couple of teenagers, and teenagers generally make mistakes like not stopping to really think about how their actions affect other people. If that was your intention, I say bravo, you did an excellent job. If that was not your intention, please just ignore me.

Also, I love the way you're writing Shelby. Her how conversation with Kurt near the end was really well done, in my opinion.
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 10 . 9/24/2012
... I knew it! I knew Jesse would say something to mess with Kurt and Blaine at some point. The problem with Jesse is that I can't even tell if he did it to intentionally mess with them, or if just didn't think about the possible consequences of his actions.

I am *so* glad I can jump right into the next chapter to find out.
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 7 . 9/24/2012
Kurt has Dr. horrible for his alarm clock! That is awesome! And thank you for not drawing out the uncertainty; I'm so glad that they talked about the kiss right away. Also, I continue to enjoy Kurt's interactions with Jesse, even if I keep expecting Jesse to double cross him at some point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that doesn't happen, though.
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 6 . 9/24/2012
Ah, drunk!Blaine. Even if his decision-making skills are questionable at best, I always enjoy it when Blaine gets wasted. Great choice with there costumes, and that ending! That ending was just perfect! (I may be starting to overuse that word...)
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 3 . 9/23/2012
Klaine feels are the absolute *best* kind of feels, at least in my opinion. Those two are just so expressive, and even if this is written and not visual, I can still picture it all so clearly in my mind.

I like that Carmel!Kurt seems at least a little bit more outgoing than McKinley!Kurt. Jesse's influence, maybe? Or just the simple fact that he's not putting up with all the crap that happens at McKinley? Either way, it works well for him, and I *really* like that he's the "mentor" in the relationship, instead of Blaine. That also seems to work for him.
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
I really enjoy Glee AUs where one or more of the main characters is at a rival school, and this seems like it's going to be a really good one; I can easily imagine both Kurt *and* Blaine thriving at Carmel. Plus, anytime I get to hear and/or read about Vocal Adrenaline's unreasonable expectations of it's members is time well spent, in my opinion.

Based on this chapter alone, I'd say your characterisations are really well done; you captured Jesse's character perfectly, Shelby was her usual boss self, and the scene between Kurt and Blaine was equal parts adorable and a little heartbreaking (what with this being a version of Blaine who has never set foot inside Dalton).
Calli Wall chapter 33 . 9/22/2012
This story is truly a masterpiece. Thank you thank you for sharing it with us.
oh-ehm-glee chapter 33 . 9/19/2012
"And nodded.

PERFECT. Thank you for this wonderful fic. I really enjoyed it. It was adorable and well-written and interesting and...yeah. Bravo!
Lynx and Banner chapter 33 . 9/17/2012
This is perfect and you're amazing. End of story.
SamandDeansGirl chapter 33 . 9/17/2012
Adored it!
TRIC4R chapter 33 . 9/17/2012
Loooooove the story

Awesome job on the writing and tthe story..i couldnt stop reading literally . Great job!

Tricia
teilo chapter 33 . 9/16/2012
I read this story straight thru...it took me all damn day but I couldn't seem to stop reading! Kudos on an awesome fic!
700 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »