Reviews for Darkness Within
thetamarine chapter 3 . 4/17
Any plans to update this?
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 3 . 3/27/2014
You're kicking ass at this
lakdoc-24 chapter 3 . 8/3/2013
I loved this story and its Prequel. Your writting is good and manages to capture many of the thoughts that go through a persons mind when in this situation. I wish that you would continue. I umderstand that you went throught this with someone you love? I think its amazing that you can share what you feel and what you learned with that person. Very inspirational. Very well done.
Michelle J chapter 3 . 11/3/2012
I wish this story continued. It's amazing.
Kali-blue chapter 3 . 10/16/2012
Oh this heavy and deep and I want more. your character, a gender variant Jane is intriguing. I like the story and Maura's approach and thoughts. I hope you do more this 'verse.
thedarkpassenger85 chapter 3 . 1/2/2012
As good as the first part!I hope you continue this SOON!
Ti-Jay chapter 3 . 9/1/2011
I love this universe you've created for Jane, and apologise for never having reviewed 'A Gentleman's Dilemma'.

The exploration you've written of her struggles with her gender identity is extremely well done. It's something many of us never have to encounter or even think of, and I love that you've had the courage to put it into words and into the fanfic arena.

For this fic, the Hoyt portion was awful (as in scary) and I could feel Maura's heartache as she watched Jane push herself to the limit. And Poor Jane. I'm so glad she allowed herself to reach out in the end. Can't wait to read the follow on, whenever that may be.

Cheers,

Tj.
debonairgeek chapter 3 . 8/30/2011
I am very glad that you didn't wrap this up with a neat little bow. The ending very much suites the story and is, in my opinion, more authentic to a gender journey than to have it all boil down to a neat, tidy resolution. Thank you for the care and thoughtfulness that you give to Jane/Jay and how you have written Maura vis-a-vis Jane/Jay. Capturing the experience of gender identity isn't easy, but you've done it wonderfully and how you really integrated the trauma without overpowering or ignoring the gender lens was fantastic.

I look forward to any other stories you may write in this universe!
825 chapter 3 . 8/29/2011
So I understand this passage as key to Jane's interaction with the shrink in ch3:

"You're more of a man than half the fools on your police force." Hoyt's smile is almost kind at that moment and Jane feels compelled to vomit. "And yet they treat you as you are," He leans forward, hand trailing along Jane's jacket and pushing under it to touch her through the thin cotton of her collared work shirt.

Jane bites her tongue to keep from crying out. She's breathing heavily, trying to not hyperventilate as his fingers close around her breast and squeeze it tentatively, appraisingly.

Jane fucking hates him.

"A woman."

"I don't mind – I just kind of wanted to talk to a guy about this, Doc." Jane pauses for a beat, letting the conversation fully lull before adding, "No offense, but it's hard enough to talk about this as it is."

The doctor's curly hair shakes as she nods her head in the affirmative. "I would think that that is why you need to talk to a woman about this – rather than a man – a man cannot possibly understand what it is like for a woman to go through what you went through."

Jane winces. Bites her tongue.

Hoyt has taken that from her as well. She'll probably never be part of the boy's club again – not after nearly getting fucking raped by a crazy man.

Sadly there are probably quite a few therapists who's experience with gender is limited to "straight" rape. The judgement and tone of that woman defies comprehension. Hoyt's act is every bit as violent, sociopathic and dominating as the Sisters in the Shawshank Redemption.

Jane's revelation of gender dysphoria should have immediately raised a flag to the therapist.

The Jane's survival and triumph over this incident will be as equally satisfying as Andy and Red because Maura understands where Jane's freedom really lies.

Great job I hope you have more to share.
anon chapter 3 . 8/29/2011
I feel this was the best way to end this as well. Clearly the whole story of Jane/Jay is not yet finished, but there is a certain... catharsis to this chapter which makes it a fitting ending. I have greatly enjoyed your work and hope after a break you return to this universe; I would be very interested in where they go from here. That being said, writing such vulnerability must take it's toll, and I would rather you walk away temporarily than burn-out completely. So fluff it up for a bit, and I will wait patiently. Well done!
AlexandriaVE chapter 3 . 8/29/2011
Awww. Thank goodness Jane called Maura!
8021m chapter 3 . 8/29/2011
I love what you have done with these characters in this universe. Fluff and smut are fun (i.e. The One With the Piercing :) ), but maybe the most satisfying stories are the ones in which the characters take the deep emotional journey through difficult times.

I tentatively read the first chapter of A Gentleman's Dilemma, and stuck with it because you are a great writer. I look forward to reading more of your R/I stories both within and outside of this universe.
Silencedogood277 chapter 2 . 8/17/2011
Love how you are integrating this story line with yours given what you explored in "A Gentlemen's dilemma". It will be interesting to see the fall out from this incident on Jane and Maura's relationship and future. Love your writing style and where you are taking this story. Thank you for writing.
Reggieme chapter 2 . 8/16/2011
Wow! Amazing tension and drama. You are a gifted writer. Looking forward as always to reading more.
muderocksmyworld chapter 2 . 8/16/2011
thank goodness of korsak, i was getting scared!