Reviews for In Pacem
Guest chapter 24 . 4/2/2020
I was crying a little .poor Martin . He needed so much understanding and finally found it.
reisova chapter 25 . 3/27/2020
Nice
Guest chapter 25 . 2/24/2020
Very enjoyable
Chelsietx chapter 25 . 10/13/2017
I really enjoy your writing. This was lovely.
Limaccia chapter 25 . 5/28/2017
I'm going to reiterate most of what Hawthorne said (boy, she writes good reviews!). I, too, apparently didn't post any reviews on this story back when you first wrote it, and I'm not sure why. Anyway, as her excellent review said:
'I have been re-reading some DM stories, including this one, and since I didn't do reviews the first time around, I felt I should comment on how much I have enjoyed all your stories. . . . In "In Pacem", I particularly liked how you worked William and Mary into the story. (I love that show too.) It was somewhat ironic seeing Martin's alter-ego in William helping him learn to grieve. It was also fun to hear Louisa explain to Mary her interpretation of the progression of her relationship with Martin, as we had already seen it play out. Mary expresses what I think most fans would agree that it is a rather odd relationship. And in this story, Martin certainly tests Louisa to the extreme as he almost seems to purposely make life difficult for everyone. But, she is patient and proves able to provide exactly what Martin needs to cope, which in turn finally gives them the relationship they both need. Your writing made the characters come to life and reveal their true selves. Thanks for writing.'
hawthorn1102 chapter 25 . 4/30/2017
I have been re-reading some DM stories, including this one, and since I didn't do reviews the first time around, I felt I should comment on how much I have enjoyed all your stories. My particular favorite is "A Long Way", but they are all good and well-written. In "In Pacem", I particularly liked how you worked William and Mary into the story. (I love that show too.) It was somewhat ironic seeing Martin's alter-ego in William helping him learn to grieve. It was also fun to hear Louisa explain to Mary her interpretation of the progression of her relationship with Martin, as we had already seen it play out. Mary expresses what I think most fans would agree that it is a rather odd relationship. And in this story, Martin certainly tests Louisa to the extreme as he almost seems to purposely make life difficult for everyone. But, she is patient and proves able to provide exactly what Martin needs to cope, which in turn finally gives them the relationship they both need. Your writing made the characters come to life and reveal their true selves. Thanks for writing.
partsguy chapter 25 . 6/10/2012
As always with your work, well written and extremely descriptive.

I think you did a good job of accentuating some of Martin's character flaws. Long before the end I had run out of patience with him, as I am sure Louisa would have in real life.

You really brought out the difference in the two here, which is excellent.

But in real life I'm afraid few relationships could have survived.

I look forward to continuing to follow your work.
Chiocciola chapter 25 . 2/12/2012
Such a fitting end to a very poignant story. You did a great job at conveying the process of grief and consoling and the emotion that comes with it. Really well done.
jd517 chapter 25 . 2/12/2012
This is such a lovely and hopeful ending to this story. Thank you for writing it and taking us into the depths of his grief and her efforts to reach through it. Very nicely done!

Jane
Boots1980 chapter 25 . 2/11/2012
Bodmin: Thank you for giving Aunt Joan a proper farewell and for allowing Martin to mourn her. Although his scientific mind may not believe that she is still with him, her years of caring for him did leave their mark on his psyche. Joan will be with him, Peter and Louisa through that caring and love.
robspace54 chapter 25 . 2/11/2012
Ah Bodmin, what a very nice finish to a great story! Thank you for taking us on this voyage from your imagination. Danke, danke.

Rob
ggo85 chapter 25 . 2/11/2012
Great story. You very much captured the essence of the characters and believably took them to the next level. Well done! Look forward to your next story.
DeclanS chapter 25 . 2/11/2012
Such a great ending. "I never felt such comfort than in your arms." Exactly, finally he realizes it and accepts it instead of railing against it. A pivotal turning point in his life and hopefully their relationship.

From start to finish this was a wonderfully crafted story. Writing about grief is incredibly difficult but you have conveyed it, in all its forms and effects, most sensitively.

Well done.
Chapin chapter 25 . 2/11/2012
Thank you for a poignant and really well crafted piece. Relationships require constant attention but at times there are major break-throughs. Sadly sometimes these come because of tragedy. This story reflects a watershed in Martin and Loiusa's relationship.
Chiocciola chapter 24 . 2/6/2012
Such an emotional, intense yet incredibly touching chapter and you wrote it beautifully! True grief and consoling is finally taking place. Really well done!