Reviews for Happily
iguana-of-eyre chapter 4 . 4/13/2012
I really enjoyed this story. I loved the fact that the characters really seemed human (or goblin, or whatever), with various faults and emotional hangups. They were incredibly believable. And even though it was sad, I liked the subversion of the classic 'I object!' scene. You see that all the time in movies and no one wonders about the poor bride/groom who got dumped. Anyway, I loved this. Keep writing!
PrincessQF chapter 3 . 2/19/2012
I was admittedly slow on realising your subtle hint about this much anticipated update! So glad I caught on eventually. hahaha. Muchos gracias chica! my favourite line would have to be "..but I much rather race remote control cars with you." like awww. that totally floored me. Any chance for a Finn and Alex part two? hehe.
JayLah chapter 2 . 12/29/2011
Thanks for writing another elf-centric fic. As we both know, they're so few around here :)

I like how well-developed Edith is. Even though this is just a one shot you've shown what a full, three-dimensional character she is.

I also like that she and Nir aren't just automatically happy together even though she's willing to work on a relationship with him.

But I do have to say I find it hard to believe that an elf or goblin King would be jealous of the other. They would be too confident in their own superiority to be this emotionally invested in their brother king's relationships. But JMO :)

Anyway I'm looking forward to the Finn and Alex one shot.
AwkwardedOut chapter 2 . 12/9/2011
Nir's competitiveness with the Goblin King was quite reminiscent of his son's own relationship with his brother King. I do miss their squabbles...

Edith's initial time with the elves resulted in such a clash of cultures, more than even Miranda's stay with them. It really shows the change in times...

Aggie, despite being several decades younger here, still reads like a grandmother. It comes off as a bit odd, but at least she managed to make Edith see some sense.

I feel that Edith's stubbornness didn't make her a terribly practical person. It took someone else to explain to her what was wrong with her tactics. Then again, a combination of her tactics and Aggie's advice were what achieved some of her goals in the end. Not to mention she made the Elf King desperate enough to seek the Goblin King's help.

As soon as Nir gave in to those demands, I shall forever onward perceive him as whipped. Even in the future, in his dealings with Inanna and Eresha, he still fears those silence treatments...

I like that they still have their disagreements in the future, though, since Edith isn't the type of person to give up her beliefs so easily.

Edith did, however, seem to give up her hopes of escape rather quickly. She went from adamantly trying to flee the elves, to almost complete complacency and acceptance...
LittleMargarita chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
This was a fabulous story...I loved it! And Im glad to see Aggie got her happy ending and a better end of the deal. If that guy had cheated on her with her own sister, Im not surprised he ended up turning out to be a cheater. Oh well! It was sweet that Aggie had a happier marriage and life...
speederina chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
That was fun to read and your use of the challenge words was interesting. Charlie was funny and Aggie's revenge was awesome. The whole thing was a little cliche when you add in the goblins, I suppose it wasn't really. I loved the ending, and I suppose that was the best revenge, really. Goblin revenge has nothing on karma.
fruba14 chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
OMG just wanna say like if that were EVER to happen in my wedding HEADS WOULD BE ROLLING DEAD!

oh i dnt knw like that first part just made me HELLA MAD! at the family i actually wanted to go and slap the hell out of everone! RUDE MUCH! (U knw u wrote a good story if u make the reader feel what the characters feeling ;) haha )

Anyways :D this was a good story thx :DDD love how it ended ,though i would have loved to see how Aggie looked and felt in the moring XDDD hahah Aswome job again! :)