Reviews for From Brothers To Lovers
eslair1 chapter 18 . 2/25
Hallo Author-Chan, I know you haven't posted in a while but I, and your many other UsUk fans were hoping you could continue with your amazing writing, and continue with this story. Or at least wrap it up, or pass off the writing rights to someone else, so they can finish it. But, anyway, your writing is awesome, and I hope you keep on writing!
jennyVDL93 chapter 9 . 1/5
War 1812 main reasonsimpressment and annexation attempt of Canada. Britain burned down Washington to revenge for Canada (Burning of York). I guess you should also highlight Canada here, I mean, the relationship should not just revolve around USUK exclusively.
You missed out many many important history such as Washington Treaty 1871 and Spanish-American War. Washington Treaty was potrayed as Britain and America's commitment to end every dispute between them in peace with arbitrary process (international law). If you dig deeper, in Spanish-American War, Britain was supporting America heavily (even though they kept in neutral), one of it was Britain stand for America against the Continental Powers (such as France, Austria, Russia who moraly support Spain), gave them permission to use Translantic Cable (while reject Spain's demand), let America's warships docked in Mirs Bay (Britain already got land lease of the land from China but promised to delay the ratification), even the media were so heavily leaning to America. I mean, why do you think America heavily helped Britain in WWI even when he was neutral by giving aid and armaments, if they haven't already established somekind of relationship with Britain? It's not just economic benefit, because even though majority was neutral, many American sympathised with Britain.
That was the positive of Great Rapprochement, but, there are also negative decline between War 1812 and Great RapprochementOregon Boundary Dispute and American Civil War. Both issues made relationship post 1812 deteriorated and both issues led to almost war with Britain. Yes, they almost got into war again twice.
Sorry, I know I'm an ass when it comes to history..
jennyVDL93 chapter 8 . 1/5
Oh my God. You are so fuckin good putting up all this historical background here without pointing out what historical period you try to hetaliazed.
But you missed sone important things such as tax. It seems that America's independent motive is only want to be acknowledged by England as an equal, but it's also driven by sudden tightening policy and tax, where the tax was to pay wardebt for the Seven Years War or France Indian War (which means to protect America from France).
The reason why American Revolutionary War was taken so long time to end (and also not turned into radicalism) was Britain used didn't go brutal offensive, they used low key approach. Command under Lord Howe spent most of the war waiting for American delegation of peace to come (which never happened). Well, even in attempt to win back their colony, Britain was again, very lax... lol
sarah.liao.378 chapter 18 . 9/1/2016
Oh lovely!
Can't wait to next chapter
Russiamochi chapter 18 . 5/14/2016
Please update! I really want to know what happens next! Your writing is absolutely breath taking and I really want to know what come next! So please update soon! Thank you!
Guest chapter 18 . 1/22/2016
I know it's been 4 years but oh god this fic is amazing! Its fine if you weren't able to actually finish this but the last chapter was already enough for me. Your writing skillz is amazeballz
Bushyeyebrows99 chapter 18 . 12/16/2015
Damn why do you stop updating your stories whenever there's a cliffhanger and things start to work out...
Midna18 chapter 18 . 11/7/2014
Awwwww! Kawaiii! I love this story keep updating! :D
Midna18 chapter 17 . 11/7/2014
Oh My Canada! Yay! America finally told England! How Adorbs!
Midna18 chapter 13 . 11/7/2014
Awwww! So cute! England is just too funny when he is drunk .
Midna18 chapter 6 . 11/5/2014
Ouch! poor England! . great job! but it makes me wanna cry!
Midna18 chapter 2 . 11/5/2014
Awwww! Sooo cute! xD
Fi Suki Saki chapter 18 . 8/22/2014
At least now England know fully that America's love for him is real and pure. And America finally know that England cares so much of him.

Hope England would finally say that his feeling to America is Love.

This fic is so Bittersweet and Adorable! Totally Sad and Cute.

Gosh! I Love their POV!

I Love England's complicated feeling. And I Love America's feeling toward England. The way their POV telling use really Interesting and Entertaining.

I personally like America's POV better in here. Since he's the one who know well his love for England and the way he keep himself from 'attack' his beloved at every time England look so Adorable Cute Beautiful in front of him. xD

Okay, Gosh, this so need to be Continue!
CrazyLife247 chapter 9 . 12/29/2013
First of all the war didn't just fizzle out, we beat the British using very dirty tactics (something we Americans are good at) and a lot of French support. The war of 1812 was started because of the Embargo Act, we really didn't want to get involved in anything because of Washington's (the fist president) words in his final speech as president (I think, it's been a while since I've gone over this). Please do your research before stating something that is extremely offensive to a very hardcore history nut. BTW I am American.

This is not a flame, I really do enjoy this story just not your authors note about the revolutionary war and the war of 1812, consider this a very long criticizing note about history and how to improve upon your knowledge of the American revolution! :)
PurpleLilacFlowerOfTheMist chapter 18 . 12/24/2013
The story and history is perfect! Your story is well written and the it makes sense about their characters very well! The thing I compliment in your story is absolute beautiful! I hoped you never abandom this awesome story. I'm going to wait you to update :D.