Reviews for The Struggle to Survive
Jedi Alex Colbent chapter 9 . 10/11
As interesting as this story is, I can't help but feel like it would be simpler for character development if all the Pikmin each had their own name. If they can build communities that work together like family, what's stopping them from completing their identities and giving themselves names like "Berry Catcher" or "Demon Fighter?"
PikFan23 chapter 16 . 9/4
Wow! I just have to say, this is a really good story so far! I couldn't tear my eyes away from it. I love all the dark secrets that are being revealed: it makes you think about who the real enemy is here. I'm disappointed that we didn't get to find out why they're fighting... yet. I hope you can explain that soon. Also, I think that the Trapmin are very interesting! I hope they will return in future chapters. Anyway, keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to more :D
hotfood123 chapter 16 . 8/26
I hope Bulbmin appear at some point in the story, it would be a nice inclusion. ;)
Love this story :D can't wait for it to be updated!
Best fan fiction I've read on fan :D PLEASE continue this story
Zerodius chapter 14 . 3/4
Though this is not the best story I've ever read, it does have an interesting premise. It may also be not necessarely be right but given the way you're characterizing the pikmins so far, I have a feeling that the outcasts' real reason for their exile is very different than the Onions being bad... especially that the Onions did not seem to show any signs of being sentient at all.

I may be mistaken but... my guess is that the Onions are tools and, especially given their technological looks in Pikmin 3, may be not be as natural as they look at all. However, the pikmins on PNF-404 have been stranded/born in such conditions that they've never learnt that the Onions were truly meant to be tools and being too weak to survive without their protections, always dedicated their lives to them...

... which overlook the fact that being machines, Onions have a finite lifespan and cannot reproduce. To produce more Onions and thus survive, pikmins must be able to think for themselves, life for themselves, and become independant enough to wonder what the Onions truly are and ultimately, how to recreate them.

Which they cannot do if they're in a sort of happy servant trance like the oranges and blacks, focusing only on "serving" their Onion instead of living for themselves.

Again, this is just stray thoughts and it probably doesn't happen to this story at all, being just a dumb guess on my part.

Still, I'll be reading subsequent chapters. I hope you liked my comment if you read it.
Keifren1ooo chapter 10 . 12/21/2013
This was a really interesting chapter, if a bit short. As much as the other Pikmin are trying, I still like how you keep putting doubts into the two red Pikmin's minds. It's a nice way to insert a conflict that's not just from the environment.

As for grammar, I only spotted one mistake, but it's so subtle that I'm not even going to bother pointing it out.
wmaxharwell chapter 9 . 12/9/2013
this is definitely interesting so far definitely worth continuing.
Pikacrafter45 chapter 9 . 11/28/2013
Trapmin. Sounds interesting. Good chapter!
DaLintyMan chapter 9 . 11/23/2013
Huh. Interesting.

Ah Hem... "There's always a bigger fish."
Keifren1ooo chapter 9 . 11/23/2013
Because I sort of make it my policy to read almost every updated story on the Pikmin category, I've read the entire story from chapter 1 to 9, and I have to say, it's very interesting. The self-awareness of gender, the possible reality of Onion life, the new Pikmin, and many other cool things that you threw in here.

Although, I feel as if some parts of the story feel a bit... rushed, for lack of a better word. In was mainly in the beginning and middle chapters though, the later ones were much more balanced.

Overall, I think that this story is REALLY good, and has tons of potential. Just one thing; in the second-to-last line in chapter 9, you said, "But the mouth striking feature was that..." You said "mouth" instead of "most". Other than that, great story!
VampireElder chapter 7 . 7/30/2013
This is amazing, keep up the good work!
Keyblade chapter 6 . 7/17/2013
Interesting concept...I see progress is consistent if slow, so I'll just bookmark this and check it once in a while. ;)
Clove31 chapter 5 . 4/1/2013
I know you haven't updated since December and so this is probably pointless but please continue! its good!
Aquariu chapter 5 . 2/10/2013
Has really good potential, excellently thought out.

Would love to read more.