Reviews for First Contact
ramirogalletti chapter 16 . 10/29
nice fic, i love these "humanity seen by aliens" type stories,
Lmao I really don't understand why this is highly recommended. It has all the worst tropes of Star Trek and scifi, right down to humans being sad that they might be alone in the universe.
RedShirt1453 chapter 4 . 7/25
So Jason is now John? Why the name change?
Axccel neo nazi holucaust denyer.
Skout1984 chapter 16 . 6/28
Just wanted to say how much I like this story. It may have not been updated for over eight years now, but I still return to it from time to time, on the account that it is the *only* (good) Fanfic I could find *anywhere* that deals with a Human/Council First Contact in the *near future* instead of during the 22nd Century or later. I dunno, First Contact-scenarios where both parties are equally curious about each other just intrigue me. And I just find the Aliens' takes on Human behaviour, history and societies highly fascinating. There is a lot of potential here.
I don't know if you'll ever read this (Heck, I don't even know if you are still *alive*!). But if you are, I want to let you know that you have an audience who would love seeing this fic getting a continuation in some fashion.
MukadeOnikisu chapter 16 . 6/21
I absolutely love this story, it's so unique and the writing is amazing. I really hope you return to this story.
Ps: the rule 34 and 'self inflicted head trauma' bits got quite a laugh out of me
NotAXenobiologis chapter 13 . 6/1
I call bullshit on the humans being the only one that fractious and capable of self-delusion and ignoring cognitive dissonance. Look at the Batarians!

And, really, trying to compare the rate of rape between the "gravity can kill you" Elcor, the "literally every citizen is a trained soldier with claws" Turians, the almost extinct Quarians, and Humanity is just stupid. They all have extreme factors of culture and habitat preventing that number from being very high. If we trained every woman as a soldier, our rape rates would drop pretty significantly too.

And don't forget the Volus basically buy and sell their wives and clanmates.

And the Turians are very much about duty and honor, so they would definitely have somebody try to regain his by blowing himself up at some point or other.
NotADrPlay1TV chapter 6 . 5/31
That lifespan bit is just weird. Of course the average lifespan is going to go up! Curing cancer alone would stop people dying from infants to 100 year olds. How on Earth (or anywhere else) would that not make the average lifespan go up when you've suddenly got thousands or hundreds of thousands of people living to older ages?! That's how the average lifespan works!

Is the Asari just stupid and unable to tell the difference between natural and average lifespans?
anonymous chapter 16 . 4/29
good story, maybe abit hard to read since theres a lack of context on what perspective your reading, also maybe make the aliens abit more alien. like adding more context to them and description at the start, like their homeworld, or atleast try not to use words which can only be used as a human, like using the word hour, since the word hour can only appy to an earth day.
ABZB13 chapter 10 . 4/7
This chapter actually brought me to feels-tears.

You are to be commended
eragon95159 chapter 16 . 3/4
Continue and update, please. Maybe asari fall in love with a human and get pregnant and shock on earth from that pregnancy.
Krionik chapter 16 . 2/16
Even now, almost 8 years later, I keep coming back to this fic. It may never be finished, but it'll always remain one of my favorite first contact AUs.
TorrentAB chapter 16 . 2/12
Really enjoyed this story! Kinda sad it never continued, but it really made me want to see a fic of Mass Effect aliens just reacting to human stuff like they did in this story. Like the story of the 300 Spartans, or our views both negative and positive on AI, or just our science fiction/fantasy stories and stuff. I don’t know.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this chapter, especially with the discussion of all the different types of weapons that could have been made using Element Zero. I’ll be honest, I hadn’t thought of most of them, but they seemed like rather interesting ideas to see be used in a mass effect fic. Either way, I really hope you come back some day!
superninja123aa chapter 16 . 1/27
update
V-rcingetorix chapter 16 . 1/5
Interesting approach. I'm thinking the 'brainstorming' segment is a little dismissive of salarian or asari methodology, but not to a story-breaking point.

Mass Effect has an interesting blend of taking aliens as almost extensions of various human personalities. Warlike Krogan, seductive asari, smart salarians ... very interesting format.

Since this hasn't been updated in around eight years now, I am assuming it is abandoned. Thank you for sharing your tale, and leaving it up for us to read.
1,380 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »