Reviews for First Contact

Your chapters.

Your analyses.

Please make more.
Dragonjek chapter 13 . 11/25
"Our current psychological understanding of most races indicates that cognitive dissonance is most often resolved by seeking outside perspective or changing one's beliefs so that they do not conflict logically or rationally. A typical human approach to resolving cognitive dissonance is to dismiss the conflict's existence itself..."

Aliens don't dismiss the existence of cognitive dissonance? We have dismissed that claim.
Dragonjek chapter 4 . 11/25
Star Wars helps bring galactic peace IRL?
Fuck yeah.
tylermech66 chapter 16 . 11/16
ahhh, a good story...
ruined by lack of updates.
admittedly, you did make this as an experiment, but still, I would have loved to read further.
tylermech66 chapter 12 . 11/16
surprisingly I felt a bit emotional when you started going on about dogs.
I do not know why, I guess just having that information being laid out so plainly kind of made me realize the whole human dog relationship. and mine with my own dog.
I guess I just never really thought about it before...
tylermech66 chapter 10 . 11/16
ye gods, I just watched the speech, and geez, I swear I cried a little.
it had emotional music added to it with inspirational images, so that likely helped my first impression, but still, truly beautiful :D
tylermech66 chapter 9 . 11/16
dangit, your making me want to see what "contact" is all about now!
tylermech66 chapter 8 . 11/16
that essay about human dog relationship warmed my heart, FLUFF! :D
tylermech66 chapter 4 . 11/16
I kind of wished shed asked that, because then the humans could be all embarrassed and go "um, well it kind of does? we evolved in jungles :P"
tylermech66 chapter 1 . 11/16
dragonad chapter 16 . 10/13
enjoyed this story
Cayar chapter 16 . 9/16
Excellent worldbuilding, and you do drive the story onward, but the switching between all the various viewpoints makes this feel a bit disconnected. Which is fine, since a major theme seems to be the consequences of the contact on both societies, and multiple viewpoints are needed to illustrate the extent of the ripples. It feels more like a documentary than the novella I was expecting.

On another note, do you have any plans to return to writing? I noticed that it's been two years and some.
Cayar chapter 6 . 9/15
I absolutely love the idea of humanity (or any species, for that matter) possessing a psychic/oracle talent that picks up details of other beings' experiences.
Unca Bob chapter 16 . 9/5
This is a really entertaining look at an amiable first contact for the ME universe. Sad there isn't more to go with it though.
MrGilgamesh chapter 16 . 8/30
I for one thoroughly enjoyed this work of yours. I find the vast majority of Mass Effect stories completely pass over the opportunity to explore what humanity as a new species and outlook on things brings to the table for the Citadel Races.
I always thought the most enjoyable part of first contact scenarios was the discourse created when both sides start trying to understand each other. You defiantly have that here with all the essays written by different experts in regards to understanding and applying human history and thinking.
I wish more fanfiction writers would pay more attention to this aspect instead of concentrating on making humanity some Mary Sue race that curb stomps everyone while maintaining that they have the moral high ground.
As such commend your choice to on not making humanity some monolithic super power and instead made them into a rather minor species who's biggest contribution is our culture and perspective.
On a side note for some reason I greatly enjoyed your choice on making naval warfare a unique thing for humanity and how the Turians were split between being excited about exploring the subject and thinking "ok, that sounds fake."
1,221 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »