Reviews for First Contact
SD chapter 13 . 4/1
Okay you are exploring the 'humans are more diverse then aliens' thing (a trope I despise) in an intresting way, and it does have routes in cannon (it's one of my biggest problems with Mass Effect honestly) so I am willing to give it a pass. Cause, ya know, as I just said, you are doing slightly interesting things with it. It's mostly the the second article from humans prespective that rehooked me. The first one kinda lost me tbh, the main critism is that humans aren't inherintly indvidulistic, cultraly that's a realtive recent devolpment and it's far from universal among humans (Actually, I could be comptely wrong about this. I don't think I am, but I am not certain I am not). It's not a mistake I think an alien would make, unless they where being fed exculisvly western . (sorry about all the spelling mistakes I am pretty sure I made, am too tired to go correct them)

I am enjoying the main plot, hope to see more devolpment on Kate X Wavela if that's going to be a thing. And over all I do like expiremental nature of this fic
Bulltshit, the krogans 100% made the biggest nuclear bomb ever :p
SD chapter 8 . 4/1
I really like what traits you choose to make humans different. It seems realistic enough from my point of view. No making humans 'specially generic' - that trope is a massive pet peeve of mine. I honestly kind of hate it.

The anachronic order is interesting, I haven't had any real trouble following it.

I would like to write a longer review at some point, but this is the stuff I really wanted to say now.
Lovegood Loves Good chapter 1 . 3/26
I can't believe it's been nine years since this has been updated. What a shame...
Dynodio chapter 10 . 3/26
Fuck man, that opportunity scene genuinely had me tear up. It helps that I'd just watched the moon landing footage before it but that sense of sentimentality and meaningfulness really got to me.
Stoic's Dream chapter 16 . 3/2
Hugely enjoyed this
misterfishy chapter 16 . 2/2
Such a shame that this fic is abandoned.
It does have several issues, but they are minor.
Its amazing!
Guest chapter 8 . 12/24/2021
Doubt there's any point in commenting by now but still:

When you really want to go down the road of screwed up chronology, you NEED to be confusing. It should become understandable later, after the audience follows your breadcrumbs. You want them to start to assemble the puzzle and feel smart for figuring this shit out. You've failed at that. It's too easy to figure out what's up (humanity discovered- batarians are assholes - incoming war), you created no sense of discovery.

Also ME council is a bunch of lazy ass couch potatoes. No way they'd do something as action intensive as threaten the batarians. They'd just kick them off the club like in the games, letting them go fulltime pirates and slavers.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/23/2021
The only good broken chronology is the utterly batshit broken chronology, the likes of which is seen in crap like Pulp Fiction. Even then it's more pretentiously interesting than actually good.

So this is no good, author.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/23/2021
Chronology was invented for a reason, author. Don't break it.
ramirogalletti chapter 16 . 10/29/2021
nice fic, i love these "humanity seen by aliens" type stories,
Guest chapter 9 . 10/9/2021
Lmao I really don't understand why this is highly recommended. It has all the worst tropes of Star Trek and scifi, right down to humans being sad that they might be alone in the universe.
RedShirt1453 chapter 4 . 7/25/2021
So Jason is now John? Why the name change?
Guest chapter 14 . 7/3/2021
Axccel neo nazi holucaust denyer.
Skout1984 chapter 16 . 6/28/2021
Just wanted to say how much I like this story. It may have not been updated for over eight years now, but I still return to it from time to time, on the account that it is the *only* (good) Fanfic I could find *anywhere* that deals with a Human/Council First Contact in the *near future* instead of during the 22nd Century or later. I dunno, First Contact-scenarios where both parties are equally curious about each other just intrigue me. And I just find the Aliens' takes on Human behaviour, history and societies highly fascinating. There is a lot of potential here.
I don't know if you'll ever read this (Heck, I don't even know if you are still *alive*!). But if you are, I want to let you know that you have an audience who would love seeing this fic getting a continuation in some fashion.
1,390 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »