Reviews for First Contact
FlannelSalmon chapter 6 . 6/1/2014
I like how you drew similarities between human pop culture and galactic culture, I hadn't considered Starship Troopers when attempting to draw examples to the galactic community
Crimson Hope chapter 16 . 5/27/2014
More please?
umbria firewing chapter 16 . 5/24/2014
if you are still working on the story maybe you can go and write a section about various forms of dance and other performing arts. Wavela seems to enjoy that kind of thing. If you aren't, thanks for the awesome story
duffman.c.d chapter 16 . 5/24/2014
Animus, I've read through everything so far and I've loved it. Even though it's been a year I really hope you still feel like writing - I'd love an update. If not, thanks for what you've done so far!
BattleshipFusou chapter 15 . 5/22/2014
I would like to hope that we'll see some mention of the voyager probes and the messages they contained in a future chapter. The best part of those is something I learned from a show called the west wing, where a character describes how one of the songs recorded on the golden record was chosen as an expression of human loneliness, where the man who wrote and performed it died alone and penniless, but how his music had just left the solar system as a representation of humanity.
Guest chapter 16 . 5/17/2014
Its been over a year, are you still working on this? Are you still on ? I really like this story.
Hadian chapter 16 . 5/15/2014
I would love to see aliens react video games that are scary. It would be funny to see them watching seananners or playing the hidden with him.
EffervescentNova chapter 16 . 5/9/2014
This story doesn't seem to be going anywhere. It's sixteen chapters in and hasn't moved beyond a few weeks of first contact meetings and analsis of human culture by third parties.

It could do with some direction and pace. What happened to the batarian arc?
EffervescentNova chapter 11 . 5/9/2014
Wavela's reasoning was flawed and I'm surprised no one pointed it out, though I assume human intelligence agencies would have. What if the species that discovered the network were instead warlike and/or malevolent then far from promoting trade and cultural exchange as the asari do the species would bring war, conquest and annihilation thus counteracting any potential benefit of the massively costly relay network in any galaxy the 'protheans' chose to build such a network in. Also they can not participate in interstellar trade or even benefit from it if they are not around themselves. Finally, the assumption that a potentially malevolent race would think in cost benefit terms like the asari do is simply ethnocentric and essentially flawed. The builders purpose was clearly opaque and possibly entirely alien, but I don't think it could be dismissed so easily.
EffervescentNova chapter 10 . 5/9/2014
This chapter had an overly emotive element with regards to inanimate objects. Having astronaights coo over the rovers while aboard an actual alien space craft is strange. I've really enjoyed this so far though, I particularly enjoy the positive feel of it.
DamionKenley117 chapter 16 . 5/8/2014
I know it's been a long time since you updated this, but I think it's great.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of planned writing, but that's perfectly fine. Most of the reason I churned through this is because of the little articles. I never felt you put humanity on a pedestal. Mostly because I AM human and know we are fucked up. But getting an external viewpoint is interesting, and... Well it's great. You probably won't update soon, but I love what you have.
Mr. Cloak chapter 16 . 4/27/2014
I love these!
I hope we get some reports on test weapons based on that momentary brainstorm- and the reactions of other species to the tests.

It's nice to see humans as an enigma to the other species for once.
Guest chapter 16 . 4/23/2014
Its been over a year since the last update. I hope you haven't given up this fanfiction. I really enjoy it.
time2read chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
Great Story!
Tankred chapter 16 . 4/13/2014
This is pretty sweet. What I'd really like to see though is the aliens being subjected to human media that comes close to things that has actually happened. The Terminator franchise, pretty much all the sci-fi shows, various games such as Warhammer 40,000, Dead Space, Deus Ex and so on would be amazing in how they'd find it from their point of view.
1,261 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »