Reviews for First Contact
mordreek chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
First contact, style...bugs bunny
Mesterio chapter 16 . 8/15/2014
I love your descriptions of humanity, and the alien perspective of them. Please continue to update as this is such an amazing piece of work stopping here would be a tragedy.
Lord Asmodeus chapter 3 . 8/3/2014
This is disgusting. This humanity is disgusting. It was sickening. Your sense of humor and idealism ruined this whole story.

Well done.
Lord Asmodeus chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
...Bloody Asari harlots, the beacon of Athame was Prothean, their entire existence was merely a game for the Protheans to advance them as their pet soldiers who could breed with anything and still come out with 100% Asari D.N.A.
Guest chapter 16 . 7/31/2014
Great story so far. The reports are kind of interesting, and the snippets of conversation are entertaining. Since you particularly focus on the variability, I thought I'd throw in this bit of remembered studies for inspiration for your reports:

One of the theories on why hysteria, and diverse responses in general, exist in groups (that haven't trained for specific responses):

Reports paint primates reaction to surprise/threat to be as random as possible - freezing in place, aggression, bluff (false agression), fleeing (in various directions), etc... Each response, for some threats, is sufficient, and sometimes optimal, and for different threats, might be the worst possible.

From an individual standpoint, the random reaction doesn't help much. However, it greatly increases the chances that some portion of the group will survive, continuing the species, and thus propagating as an evolutionarily advantageous trait. I believe there's also something about increased response probabilities to that kind of threat, through habit-forming and/or obedient traits 'learning' from groups surviving encounters...

Anyway, an idea to play with in your report-sections, though I'm working from memory, so a bit of actual research would probably save embarassment if you use it.
Guest chapter 16 . 7/24/2014
You are doing a great jod with this story and I can't wait for the next update. I'm really happy I found it.
Nianque chapter 16 . 7/20/2014
To me Humanity is unique in its creativity and 'thinking outside the box'. Which I guess you touched on to a point.

Here's an idea for an adaptation of Human tactics. Greek Phalanxes and interlocking shields. Ground warfare could consist of a front line moving forward while carrying extremely resilient shields with kinetic barriers, while the rest of the lines can fire over the shields with arcing rounds. Additionally have every soldier carry a shield that can be easily deployed (such as a small object that extends outward into a shield). It'd be interesting to see Turians carrying riot-shields which have kinetic barriers.

Oh and carriers; I'm interested to see how everyone responds to the carrier based warfare of the Pacific in World War 2. You mentioned it briefly, but I think an in-depth look into the advantages of carriers would be awesome.
Andrithir chapter 16 . 7/19/2014
I've just finished reading this work in one sitting, and I absolutely love it!
Ramses11 chapter 16 . 7/15/2014
Excellent fanfic, You must continue it.
thepkrmgc chapter 15 . 7/14/2014
this chapter is particularly insightful, and has a lighthearted uniqueness that is typical of this fic.

i really hope this fic isnt forgotten, its top notch and is a very pleasant and thought provoking read
thepkrmgc chapter 14 . 7/14/2014
i imagine that the turians are squeeing over humanity's military history, imagine what will happen when they learn about the roman empire!

nice job on the adaptation of military tech, usually that stuff is only used as an excuse for humans curbstomping the turians during the first contact war
thepkrmgc chapter 13 . 7/14/2014
humanity is a race of extremes, and hypocritical to boot: i imagine its rather disturbing to a lot of aliens
thepkrmgc chapter 12 . 7/14/2014
theres some more interesting sociology stuff, but im surprised that aliens dont have an equivalent reaction to cuteness, tali's interactions with her chittka (her drone) seem to suggest that quarians have something similar at the very least
thepkrmgc chapter 11 . 7/14/2014
human art/culture would be rather strange to the council races, and the gold war is not our finest hour
thepkrmgc chapter 10 . 7/14/2014
why the spirit and oportunity rovers? shouldent curiosity get a trip home too?
1,298 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »