Reviews for First Contact
Revliledpembroke chapter 16 . 3/1/2016
Needs more.
Draed chapter 16 . 2/22/2016
Almost three years since this story has seen an update...
Even is this never gets another chapter, I wanted to let you know that this is one of the most entertaining and clever stories I have read about a First Contact scenario and I really enjoyed it so far!
Thank you!
Guest chapter 8 . 2/17/2016
1. Not to much

2. Operators operating, intelligent and insightful conclusion/thinking from the citadel council

3. chopping up the story into bits too frequently with different past/future bits, and the essays writing from alien pov are starting to feel less "relevant".

4. overall story and progress (are we off mars yet?)

5. MOAR writtin!
LittleFireDragon chapter 16 . 2/2/2016
I actually came here from a link somewhere before I'd ever played mass effect, and read a few chapters. Even though I didn't really know what was going on (no context for the setting), I found it fascinating - the alien perspective on humanity.
Then I happened to stumble upon it again, going "Oh I remember that"... after having played the games. It makes so much more sense now and I read it all the way through. It was very enjoyable, and I particularly liked the bits about the dogs and the joke about headdesking and painkillers.
It's just a shame that you seem to have abandoned this story. Though that's less of a tragedy than it could have been, given the very loose nature of the plot here.
Anyway, I liked it. :)
Goodpie2 chapter 8 . 1/25/2016
Okay, this is fucking ridiculous. You effectively have three different plotlines that we have to follow, possibly four now (it's hard to tell and confusing as fuck), one of which is very climactic and composed entirely of vignettes of no greater than two paragraphs, ending with a cliffhanger.
Goodpie2 chapter 4 . 1/25/2016
YOU BASTARD! What the hell is that bullshit with a main character dying, and then NOTHING?
Goodpie2 chapter 1 . 1/25/2016
THAT WAS HILARIOUS! I've been avoiding this fic for years, 'cause I hate seeing humans as the underdogs we stereotypically are in science fiction, but that was totally awesome. WHY YOU ABANDON STORY?
Krionik chapter 1 . 1/17/2016
Is there any hope of this ever being continued?
Franco731 chapter 16 . 1/10/2016
Love this story! Can't wait for the next chapter.
FlawlessCowboy2552 chapter 2 . 1/9/2016
The only problem that I see here is that the communications lag time at light speeds should be anywhere from 3 mins to 22 mins for a one way broadcast from earth to mars. And that's assuming that the direct line of sight between mars and earth isn't currently blocked by being on the opposite sides of the sun from each other.
Builder of Stories chapter 16 . 12/24/2015
Amazing Story you have here. I hope to see it develop.
demon edge chapter 16 . 12/16/2015
This is an awesome story, a very slow burning plot but more than enough to keep the reader from being bored. Wish it was finished but nothings perfect. Still, wonderful writing
Dragonjek chapter 16 . 11/25/2015
I love them.

Your chapters.

Your analyses.

Please make more.
Dragonjek chapter 13 . 11/25/2015
"Our current psychological understanding of most races indicates that cognitive dissonance is most often resolved by seeking outside perspective or changing one's beliefs so that they do not conflict logically or rationally. A typical human approach to resolving cognitive dissonance is to dismiss the conflict's existence itself..."

Aliens don't dismiss the existence of cognitive dissonance? We have dismissed that claim.
Dragonjek chapter 4 . 11/25/2015
Star Wars helps bring galactic peace IRL?
Fuck yeah.