Reviews for First Contact
TorrentAB chapter 16 . 2/12/2021
Really enjoyed this story! Kinda sad it never continued, but it really made me want to see a fic of Mass Effect aliens just reacting to human stuff like they did in this story. Like the story of the 300 Spartans, or our views both negative and positive on AI, or just our science fiction/fantasy stories and stuff. I don’t know.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this chapter, especially with the discussion of all the different types of weapons that could have been made using Element Zero. I’ll be honest, I hadn’t thought of most of them, but they seemed like rather interesting ideas to see be used in a mass effect fic. Either way, I really hope you come back some day!
superninja123aa chapter 16 . 1/27/2021
update
V-rcingetorix chapter 16 . 1/5/2021
Interesting approach. I'm thinking the 'brainstorming' segment is a little dismissive of salarian or asari methodology, but not to a story-breaking point.

Mass Effect has an interesting blend of taking aliens as almost extensions of various human personalities. Warlike Krogan, seductive asari, smart salarians ... very interesting format.

Since this hasn't been updated in around eight years now, I am assuming it is abandoned. Thank you for sharing your tale, and leaving it up for us to read.
evattude chapter 16 . 12/20/2020
Great chapter!
budjul1611975 chapter 8 . 10/16/2020
"I'm gonna fucking kill you!" Mahatma Gandhi
Laser Major chapter 16 . 7/15/2020
Wow. Beautiful narrative point of Citadel species viewing humanity, along with first contact team interacting with the Destiny crew while the higher ups and co-workers study humanity's history and identity.

Yes this is a dated and possibly dead fic, but I want you to continue this fic until you conclud its final chapter. Or at best let someone professional make a continuation of the fic and create off-shoots of the fics topics.

Either way, this fic is amazing!
becket chapter 16 . 6/28/2020
I like this a little in on flat earthers as side too, as how completely illogical we also are
jmeson75 chapter 16 . 6/11/2020
Quite fascinating! Following your story in case you decide to come back to it.
carl9390 chapter 1 . 4/4/2020
I love coming back to this story every few years it's just so much fun and exactly how we would react to first contact
RandomDSdevel-WCFaWF chapter 15 . 4/3/2020
Proof that humans can really be space orcs sometimes, really.
RandomDSdevel-WCFaWF chapter 14 . 4/3/2020
Pfft, I haven't even /played/ any Mass Effect games, and even /I/ know that what you've said about with respect to ME3 likely /pales/ in comparison to the mess that was Andromeda. Also: you underestimate humanity's reverse engineers, fools! (Speaking to everyone else in-story, of course, not you as the author.)
RandomDSdevel-WCFaWF chapter 10 . 4/3/2020
Yes, please have them go back and get Sojourner and Curiosity!
RandomDSdevel-WCFaWF chapter 4 . 4/3/2020
The Empire was actually quite prone to human-centrism and even some level of xenophobia, I can assure you. It was fleshed out more in Legends, I think, as far as I can recall, but it was there in the movies, too. (Also, I feel that I should note for posterity's sake here that, per its date, this chapter, and it looks like the story generally, too, was written before the sequel trilogy was announced, produced, and released to mixed reviews.)
highlander348 chapter 7 . 2/10/2020
Is this story dead for good? Are you still alive? :(
Shaunee Altman chapter 16 . 1/12/2020
I hope you will continue this sometime because damn, this is great and I have barely any idea about ME.
1,383 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »