Reviews for First Contact
Kasanra chapter 8 . 2/25
WAVELA LIVES! That was Wavela right? And she does live? I hope she lives.
Kasanra chapter 7 . 2/25
Ooohhh a Council that's actually doing something. How facinating.
Kasanra chapter 6 . 2/25
Is DEVGRU the precurser of N7?
Kasanra chapter 5 . 2/25
Love the first contact story line, but now I'm really curious about the Citadel line. You know, I don't think I've ever read a story like this. I mean, i've read stories where the author keeps jumping back and forth in the timeline and it's hell trying to keep track of the story BUT I don't feel like that's what you're doing here. Be careful it doesn't turn into that.
Kasanra chapter 4 . 2/25
Love the articles. But what was with that scene near the start? Ah well, lots of chapters to go, I hope I find out soon.

By the way, you're right about the Star Wars thing, only, I was one of the people who never really noticed. Interesting. I wonder what else you'll make me sit back and take notice of.
Kasanra chapter 3 . 2/25
I liked that first bit, with the article. It was an interesting break from the story.
Kasanra chapter 2 . 2/25
Don't Quarians have hair? Or something like it? Anyway, funny chapter!
Kasanra chapter 1 . 2/25
I love this. Well, I love most First Contact fics but I love this one more than most.
Balancer12 chapter 16 . 2/11
Can't wait for more, love how you capture what it means to be human.
RaZoRMandiblez chapter 16 . 1/31
Absolutely fascinating and completely riveting. The disjointed style of storytelling you employ works very well, especially when your story is about something as complicated as a first contact between species.

The style reminds me of those segments in movies that try to give a general overview of a situation by rapidly flicking between news reports, interviews and short, precise scenes...like the beginning of district 9.

Can't wait for more!
Anemone221 chapter 16 . 1/29
Great so far really looking foward to more.
nobodez chapter 16 . 1/31
Yes, I know it's unlikely that you'll update again after nearly ten months, but I'd love to see more of this story, as irrational as it is. I mean, there's just so much you can do with the technology that the writers of the game either chose not to do (for tonal or rights reasons) or didn't think of, that, when dealing with a different perspective, makes it all rather obvious.
Michael B. Engli chapter 14 . 1/28
Don't let ME3's ending depress you. You've done a fine job so far. Just write the story you want to write in the ME universe as YOU picture it.
Michael B. Engli chapter 6 . 1/27
Good work so far. I'm a little disappointed you sidestepped the issue of learning new languages. It seems to me that rather than gloss over a major barrier in interspecies communications, you could have made overcoming that barrier a major feature of the story.

Nonetheless, it is consistent with the Mass Effect universe.
Suffering Soldier chapter 1 . 1/24
I read the entirety of the story after finding a link to it on TvTropes, and I've got to say, it sort of restored my faith in humanity a bit.

Admittedly, I got a little teary-eyed during the bit of how the Mars rovers were the spiritual forerunners to a manned mission to Mars-purpose built and demonstrating fortitude that was remarkably human, they went forth on their one-way missions to the red planet with the hopes that man might one day join them there. To recover them and bring them back to Earth...it just seems like things coming full circle, 'ya know?

But, I digress. The story is well written (though I didn't care for the some of dialogue-only interview that the Captain had) and has a unique and interesting concept at heart. I'm hopeful that the updates will continue and this piece will continue to develop.
1,097 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »