Reviews for First Contact
tri2 chapter 16 . 1/23
Update! Update! Update! plz don't let it end here there still so much laughter to be had and its a really good story
Was that needing/getting by okgo
Commissar Critical chapter 16 . 1/15
Horrendous. A wave cannon? This guy is a weirdo.
Commissar Critical chapter 13 . 1/15
A little unbelievable. Rule 34 in the 30s? I doubt it. And mentioning it now is even less believable.
Commissar Critical chapter 12 . 1/15
We bred dogs to look like human infants.
Commissar Critical chapter 9 . 1/15
This is a bit hippie-ish. Most humans do not feel this way. You are painting all humans, or even most, with your ideological brush.
Uzumaki-sama011 chapter 2 . 1/11
This is ingenious
Name Change chapter 10 . 12/25/2014
I probably missed it, but why was Jason's name changed to John?
Guest chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
I came here for a good story not a newspaper and a history
darkerdeepdown chapter 16 . 12/16/2014
I demand refreshments of This tale!

In all seriousness though, I dig the style but the anachronistic parts needed to be better defined for WHY they were there (by that I mean the actual people in the scene)
ShotgunWilly chapter 16 . 11/29/2014
Great to see you back in action!

One thing I noticed in the first section that needs a reality check unless I'm reading it wrong, in which case, just ignore me: you mentioned the experimental ships with the dreadnought grade cannons having a smaller range and I feel the need to mention that mass driver rounds like the ones fired by a ME dreadnought dont have a true range. Sure, there's a max effective range for any mass driver rounds traveling through space, but that's mostly because if you fire from too far away, the enemy will be able to dodge your rounds with impunity. Unless the experimental vessels fire the rounds at a slower velocity, in which case there would be a lesser max effective range.

That gunnery chief you find at the Citadel docking bay in ME2 lecturing new servicemen on dreadnought main guns says it best, you fire that gun and the round will keep going until it hits something, as per Newton. To quote: "Once you fire a husk of metal, it keeps going until it hits something. That can be a ship, or the planet behind that ship. It might go off into deep space and hit somebody else in ten thousand years.
If you pull the trigger on this, you're ruining someone's day somewhere and sometime. That is why you check your ****ing targets! That is why you wait for the computer to give you a ****ing firing solution! That is why, Serviceman Chung, we do not "eyeball it!" This is a weapon of mass destruction. You are not a cowboy shooting from the hip."

:P

Anyway, keep it up!
SGW
More Dakka chapter 16 . 11/21/2014
So is this story dead or what?
Hunter Hagen chapter 3 . 11/10/2014
I was hooked from chapter one. The story is great and flows wonderfully. It consists of a wide vocabulary and sound theory's and concepts. I'm only on chapter three and sure enough to write this review. I am more then sure this could be an actual book in the ME series... I am not looking forward to the end. Ten out of Ten stars... I also love the humanistic approach to first contact.
Ugh chapter 7 . 11/9/2014
Ouch. Tvtropes would call this "Harsher in hindsight" and "Funny aneurysm moment".
MaxFR68 chapter 16 . 11/5/2014
PLEASE UPDATE !
It's been way too long :(
I want to read more !