Reviews for First Contact
Guest chapter 10 . 3/12/2019
thank you now im crying over a damn robot
Axccel chapter 13 . 1/25/2019
Why would I turn green with envy? The Citadel advancement you mentioned just fails to the same weaknesses that cripple socialism. Also, their inability to recognize civilians as military targets when necessary (except the Turians) is an easily exploited weakness in total war. Their lack of poverty is unimpressive given the technology they have.
Axccel chapter 12 . 1/25/2019
Sport hunters do use or sell every part of the animal or just plain the whole carcass. There isn't anything controversial about it, it's simply that doing it when it is unnecessary for the hunter (even though the people the hunter sells it to do need it) bothers people who don't realize that the animal is A) still being used completely and B) cutting off people who need it but can't hunt so you can pat yourself on the back for being such a "moral" person is stupid and amoral.
Axccel chapter 9 . 1/25/2019
To Ellie Arroway whom you quoted in this chapter:
Which is more likely? That ants realize humans built the house they're ant farm is in, or that humans are a figment of ants' imagination?
Axccel chapter 8 . 1/25/2019
Actually, wolves have poor night vision, humans have some of the best night-vision outside of nocturnal animals.
Axccel chapter 3 . 1/25/2019
Actually, with all our anti-nuclear-macross-missile-massacre stuff (which I doubt vanished into thin air) and probably illegally weaponized satellites...we could keep our orbit rather clear. More importantly, we have lasers that kick up huge plumes of regolith on the Moon from Earth for study from Earth observatories. Given that much power, we would ruin the day of any Council ship with that thing.
Axccel chapter 4 . 1/25/2019
That's sweet. She doesn't realize their megacorporations would end up our pets within a decade. And it's the politicians who are divided. The vast majority of humanity just looks at their politicians hating on each other and all while poking fun at them. The little guys don't care about the politicians being asses to each other around the world.
Axccel chapter 14 . 1/25/2019
First, modern aircraft carriers are extremely heavily armed with anti-ship (and really anti-everything) missiles and other weaponry. If we had a modern missile battleship, a carrier would still have far more firepower even without its aircraft. This is one of the reasons it's battlegroups are so small: a modern carrier can lay waste to many enemy ships before its fighter-bombers even see the enemy fleet. Scary.

Poland abused the German ethnics in their territory (cut off from Germany by the treaties changing maps after the first war) and Hitler asked England and France to intervene (which they had promised to do but never did). Then, Poland massed its army on the German border and Hitler's spies found plans (thanks to an unfortunate Polish messenger near the border) to invade Germany. He took the plans and information about the massed army to England and France and told them to own up to their promises and treaties and make the Poles stand down. Both nations refused. So, he attacked to prevent the inevitable fighting from happening in German towns and cities.

Then, England and France decided they had a problem with that.

Skip ahead a bit. Hitler has taken several nations including France. He asks the governments in exile and the governments of the Allies at the time for everyone to simply stop fighting and he would return all territory and that everyone should just let the war go since it was just an unfortunate series of events from a domino effect (due to invading Poland, who was going to invade Germany). Churchill refused. Hitler tried this offer multiple times throughout the war but was always refused.

Skip ahead a bit more. German light bomber over a storm cloud at night ditches its bomb load because it was horribly lost and running low on fuel. Turns out it was over London. No one was hurt. Hitler sends an apology to Churchill and asks that both sides work to prevent such a thing from happening again. Churchill responds by sending a fleet of bombers to attack a German city. Hitler responds with a bombing raid on London and then asks that they both stop before things get out of hand. Churchill responds by bombing several German cities at once with far more bombers and plays the victim to get his allies to join in. Hitler decides to just keep bombing the British since they love it so much.

These things and more have somewhat recently come to light regarding the war. Basically, the war, the bad things that happened during the war, and the escalation of the bad things (which even made the Concentration Camps even worse than they already were since once the German people started starving late in the war...well, you can guess whose stomachs the SS prioritized. Hint: not Jewish stomachs. Talk about a Great Job Breaking it Hero.) can all be laid at the feet of Britain, France, and Churchill. Well, and Stalin, but he focused nearly all his atrocities on his own people.
Axccel chapter 15 . 1/25/2019
"they struggle, as a society, to function and advance" says the civilizations that united their people by killing anyone who disagreed with the strongest groups' rule.
Axccel chapter 16 . 1/25/2019
Wow, the Salarians sure don't understand how much we use deceit in peace. Clearly, we have them fooled. Right where we want them.
Someguy the anon chapter 16 . 1/18/2019
rad
the froggy ninja chapter 8 . 1/7/2019
Such good good boys.
jseah chapter 13 . 11/27/2018
I don't quite get the 'apple' joke...
Christopher Kimson chapter 1 . 11/18/2018
Please, please, PLEASE UPDATE! Holy shit, the level of quality in your writing is off the charts, the way you have the characters interact feel real and authentic, and the exploration of what makes humanity tick while contrasting it with other alien races makes this, in my opinion, one of the best stories I have read, bar none. It easily makes my top three picks for any story, FanFiction or otherwise.
fiiiiiii chapter 1 . 8/13/2018
I disagree with you politically, but I love this story. It is excellently written!
1,383 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »