Reviews for First Contact
Lowar chapter 16 . 4/22/2017
I was wondering when The Art of War would pop up. Now I'm wondering if any Salarians will read A Brief History of Time or something.
Love this fic. _
Chris chapter 16 . 4/13/2017
Ok great premise for a story, but bad execution IMHO. The human codex entries should be separate from the story. For me this story was about first contact to spectre status for shepard if 120 years earlier then expected, what it turned out to be was extended and overly verbose codex entries.

IMHO codex entries should be a consise way to move the story forward, not the majority of the story.

7 out of 10 for the premise.
2 out of 10 for execution.
AnthonyR89 chapter 8 . 4/15/2017
Dogs are superior to cats, confirmed.

hell, my family's first dog, Bear, literally saved my mom's life when i was 12 or 13. my mom had a lot of medical problems, and by that point slept in a hospital bed in the living room most of the time. Bear was laying near her, trying to provide comfort since he could feel her pain. then my mom's heart stopped.

he ran back to my parents's bedroom, and jumped on my dad to wake him up. shortly there after, i was on the phone with 911 while my dad performed CPR.
AnthonyR89 chapter 4 . 4/14/2017
interesting so far.

as for the Star Wars thing, if you read the Expanded Universe books, they reveal that the empire is extremely racist towards non-humans. and unless you are exceptionally skilled, like Thrawn, for example, if you aren't human, you have pretty much no chance of achieving any significant rank with the empire's hierarchy.
Casey chapter 1 . 4/9/2017
Yes! This was interesting and funny! Very well done! I very much enjoyed reading this!
Firehawk242 chapter 10 . 4/7/2017
Spirit and Opportunity weren't the first rovers sent to mars. The first man-made object on mars was the Soviet mars 2 in 1971. It crashed though. Mars three actually landed and transmitted data. For 14.5 seconds. In 1973 mars 6 also crashed. 1976 saw the arrival of US landers Viking 1 and 2, followed in 1997 by Pathfinder and its rover Sojourner, which was the first rover on mars. Spirit and Opportunity wouldn't arrive until 2004. Spirit died on March 22nd, 2010, but Opportunity is still running more than a decade later. And then Curiosity arrived in 2012, completing the current history of martian exploration.
Firehawk242 chapter 6 . 4/7/2017
Huh. I guess humans are the dreamers of the galaxy in this timeline.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/14/2017
CH2: Mars has little more than 10% of Earths mass. I wouldnt call the gravity similar to Earths.
CH6: Mars isnt the closest planet to Earth, Venus is.

Otherwise loved the story so far.
Amme92 chapter 16 . 3/7/2017
i have really enjoyed this story. am i the only one who gets the feeling thar our lovely asari has the hots for Kate? would love to se that play out. but im not expecting an update but i can continue to hope i guess
Trace Reading chapter 12 . 1/18/2017
This story hasn't been updated in several years but lemme tell you something: humans do have hair over most of their bodies. Mostly it's very fine, though, and you don't usually notice it.
Sandwich Vision chapter 16 . 1/15/2017
That was fantastic, I would love to see more of this (or really anything where first contact was the theme)!
overtoast chapter 1 . 1/11/2017
Shoulda been "fuck off space niggers, we're full"
cprime.3000 chapter 1 . 12/10/2016
I first read this story in 2014, i constantly check to see if it's updated. After 2 years i am still checking, sincerely hope you update it one day.
Rakaan chapter 16 . 11/15/2016
I hope you return to this someday. I greatly enjoyed reading it.
Camolot the Creator chapter 12 . 11/2/2016
Humanity, despite our collective reluctance and suspicion, are a long way towards creating AI that are perfectly capable of communication, and many human systems are driven by "dumb" AI- more or less, AI that are less pro-active than re-active, based on call-and-response. Basically, they have pre-programmed responses to external stimuli, as well as internal changes. Such AI are most common within videogames, as well as AI like Cleverbot and chat-bots being developed both professionally and casually.
I doubt that the Council would be very happy to discover humanity's apparent obsession with both the positives AND negatives of AI in general, and will be markedly less happy to discover that we've gone and started creating the basis for our own. Perhaps a plot thread addressing this?
1,318 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »