Reviews for First Contact
dragonad chapter 16 . 10/13/2015
enjoyed this story
Cayar chapter 16 . 9/16/2015
Excellent worldbuilding, and you do drive the story onward, but the switching between all the various viewpoints makes this feel a bit disconnected. Which is fine, since a major theme seems to be the consequences of the contact on both societies, and multiple viewpoints are needed to illustrate the extent of the ripples. It feels more like a documentary than the novella I was expecting.

On another note, do you have any plans to return to writing? I noticed that it's been two years and some.
Cayar chapter 6 . 9/15/2015
I absolutely love the idea of humanity (or any species, for that matter) possessing a psychic/oracle talent that picks up details of other beings' experiences.
Unca Bob chapter 16 . 9/5/2015
This is a really entertaining look at an amiable first contact for the ME universe. Sad there isn't more to go with it though.
MrGilgamesh chapter 16 . 8/30/2015
I for one thoroughly enjoyed this work of yours. I find the vast majority of Mass Effect stories completely pass over the opportunity to explore what humanity as a new species and outlook on things brings to the table for the Citadel Races.
I always thought the most enjoyable part of first contact scenarios was the discourse created when both sides start trying to understand each other. You defiantly have that here with all the essays written by different experts in regards to understanding and applying human history and thinking.
I wish more fanfiction writers would pay more attention to this aspect instead of concentrating on making humanity some Mary Sue race that curb stomps everyone while maintaining that they have the moral high ground.
As such commend your choice to on not making humanity some monolithic super power and instead made them into a rather minor species who's biggest contribution is our culture and perspective.
On a side note for some reason I greatly enjoyed your choice on making naval warfare a unique thing for humanity and how the Turians were split between being excited about exploring the subject and thinking "ok, that sounds fake."
LoveForeverNow chapter 15 . 8/21/2015
THANK YOU! This is what I've wanted from a first contact au, a story that compares and contrasts the different species. Too many times I just keep finding endless war stories that go on for fifty chapters. I'm all for action sequences in a story but no more than five chapters or else it just drags on and on. Thank you for the change in pace.
DYnoJackal19 chapter 8 . 8/21/2015
It's true. Humans are the only species on Earth that is specialized for persistence hunting. And the bit about sweating enforces that idea for other races in the ME universe. Most other ME species have a digitigrade leg build, and Drell are characterized as sprinters.
Apparuerit Diabolo et Loqui chapter 16 . 8/11/2015
Pity this is dead. This fic is exceptional.
Gogo1100 chapter 16 . 8/9/2015
MOAR
Gogo1100 chapter 1 . 8/8/2015
Looks awesome, but I noticed a small error. It takes time for a signal from space, especially near mars to reach earth so Huston couldn't have answered anything from Destiny instantly. Otherwise great work!
jpmonn chapter 16 . 7/5/2015
This story is intriguing more often than suspenseful. I appreciate the variety of presentation and perspective. Feel free to write even more!
Rhidia chapter 16 . 7/2/2015
Why oh why was this story abandoned? It's far too interesting and imaginative to just be left on the shelf, as long as it doesn't turn into HALO or something similar, that kind of technological leap would leave me laughing myself dead. I much prefer the meet-and-greet going on here, where Humanity finds itself encountering several literally alien ways of thinking and finds ways to change things round while not even trying to upset the balance of power. The comments about a group of soldiers cooking Krogan with White Phospher in a firefight is a good example-the tech just isn't that far along, yet.

Also, I'm cheerfully hoping to see the first time a Human and a Krogan come face to face and just talk, although maybe Wrex is too much to hope for? The Genophage will make for something of a disturbing conversation topic. If the War with the Batarians does happen, I also wonder if Human Spec Ops teams will volunteer to help cause havoc everywhere...
IansInsane chapter 6 . 6/24/2015
HA!
We got the Rachni and Geth situations right on the nose!
How did I not notice that before?
IansInsane chapter 4 . 6/22/2015
Wavela is gonna jump Kate's bones!
IansInsane chapter 1 . 6/22/2015
Oh that's fucking great mate!
Humor always helps...
Unless there's mass murder...
1,256 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »