Reviews for First Contact
jaass20 chapter 8 . 12/26/2011
1) Nope, but previous chapter was a little.

2) The examination of our civilization.

3) Nothing.

4) Your choice.

5) Nope.
Inverness chapter 8 . 12/26/2011
Very nice work on this chapter. I'm quite eager to see the reaction to what Council's move.
MassEffectFanMan chapter 7 . 12/20/2011
So, wait, does this mean DEVGRU failed, or they simply haven't reported in yet, or this is another time and event entirely? Telling a story out of chronological order is fine if the events still go along in a greater story arc that still makes sense (i.e. Pulp Fiction). Your time skips are confusing because you only recently added time and location stamps to them, and even then they're not precise enough to let us know when and where these events are taking place (beyond 'the citadel' and 'sometime after first contact').

Were humans assassinated? or were the SEALs brought in because the council needed someone trustworthy from the outside to handle things and threw the humans a bone to see how they'd do? Your chapters are usually interesting, funny or exciting, but they're so short and jump around so much they're more like confusing montages than actual story - which is a shame because this is an interesting premise with great dialogue and characterization when you actually take the time to let us inside the characters heads.
My Readers Digest chapter 7 . 12/20/2011
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE THIS STORY.
ShadowCub chapter 7 . 12/20/2011
I really like this, a fic where we aren't viewed as mad dogs but as eager for discovery.

Love it, even though I know from some chapters that trouble is around the horizon.
LordsFire chapter 7 . 12/19/2011
Engaging story. I'll be coming back for more later, at some point.
badkidoh chapter 7 . 12/19/2011
Another great chapter
Lord Sia chapter 7 . 12/19/2011
"Who knows"?

You do, hopefully. And better yet, you will share this knowledge with the rest of us.

Right?
almostinsane chapter 7 . 12/19/2011
Great chapter! The attack might really have humanity clamoring for love, especially if someone well-loved or well-respected was killed. Thanks for writing this. God bless!
adsffds chapter 7 . 12/19/2011
Great Chapter! I hope the next one will be a bit longer though. Please update soon!
Hopelessly Blue chapter 7 . 12/19/2011
Y'know, despite the awkward story jumping, I am still completely enthralled by the plot of your fic. The recent character actions within the recent post in by far the most intriguing development.

Hope to read more soon! :)

HB
Da Burls chapter 7 . 12/19/2011
Still very much enjoying and looking forward to this story, the only comment I would make is that the amount of jumoing within short chapters is, at least to me, getting a little confusing

Cheers M
Highlord chapter 7 . 12/19/2011
I've got a sinking feeling that the Council -and the Hegemony- are being played by a third player, and said player is named afer a multi-headed dog.

Knock off a distasteful lesser power in the galaxy by framing them for killing what were likely human diplomats, lend some small forces to the "righteous military action" and be in position to garner technology and galactic holdings from the Hegemony as reparations. All done effectively by proxy through the Shadow Broker. Violla, humanity emerges onto the galactic scene with the air of a determined underdog that's willing to work with the Good Guys for everyone's good including their own.
general-joseph-dickson chapter 7 . 12/19/2011
War, the council fleet could wipe them out. The humans could destroy their entire civilization since they are so good at destruction.
hessan chapter 7 . 12/19/2011
Amazing so far, even with the potentially awkward jumping back and forth in timeframes. I can't believe I haven't seen anyone propose this idea for a fanfic before now.
1,296 | « Prev Page 1 .. 62 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 82 .. Last Next »