Reviews for A Camera, A Scientist, and the Devil
Alias the Jester chapter 5 . 3/25/2012
If you're writing a fanfic it really shouldn't be a straight copy-paste of the complete plot (and script!) from the movie. The exact plot of the movie also doesn't mesh well with the Ace Attorney characters. You can't just copy speach manerisms from Klavier and Ema and expect us to believe it's actually them. The characters from Ace Attorney are entirely different than Katie and Micah, and would have vastly different reactions. For just one example Ema is the scientific one - it would be HER coming up with the idea to use a camera to catalogue the unusual events.

In the world of Ace Attorney we already know a pair of psychic mediums who would be perfect for a plot involving supernatural entities. Why not use these characters? Maya and possibly Pearl Fey should have a large role here, since this is their area of expertise.

Maya is also never going to be recommending Morgan Fey to anybody; she is a thoroughly evil woman and Maya knows that first-hand.

If you want to use an evil spirit in the Ace Attorney universe there is already an established character who could be used to fit the role. Dahlia Hawthorne, is ready-made for the job. Or possibly Kristoph Gavin if he has died at some point in your story universe. That would directly tie his desire for revenge to Klavier and Ema.

The whole cameras-in-the-house thing could be a good plot hook, but if you want to make it an Ace Attorney fic you REALLY need to utilise the Ace Attorney characters and make the story a unique one for them.
d.perfectlight chapter 5 . 8/15/2011

You never fail to amazed me with your fanfic. And I have to tell you, this one made me really don't want to turn off the lamp for about 3 days.

(I've been read this, but don't have a time to review it. Sorry.)

Do write more.
Naoko Suki chapter 5 . 8/14/2011
What a great written story! The whole house in my mind was the same view as in the movie! You know, I actually forgot most of the movie until parts of it were brought up in here. You did do a good job, and Klavier had to die, it's just how it works! although, I'm going to have to say I do prefer more rom/dra stories! ;)

Thank you again!
Naoko Suki chapter 4 . 8/14/2011
the Ace card was in the attic? Nice touch! I thought Ema would have called the precinct to ask if it was still there JUST to confirm!
Naoko Suki chapter 3 . 8/14/2011
I knew Klavier wouldn't listen! I knew it! And I knew it was his brother! It had to be! Only he would be haunting both of them! :O
Naoko Suki chapter 2 . 8/14/2011
don't tell me Klavier will get an Ouija board. He will, won't he?
Naoko Suki chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Whoa! I think i remember watching Paranormal activity too, but not through the full thing, I just skimmed through it!

Cool that you brought in Maya, and it would be a thing that Klavier would never let up on the camera.

My guess is that its Kristoph! ;)