Reviews for Sound the Clarion
erixon09 chapter 21 . 5/6
I found this ff a few days ago and read it in one day. It was great, amazing experience. I can't believe that is the end. My heart is broken now. Maybe, some spin-off or short story with Shakarian? Reunion with the Vakarian family or date with Garrus (after this 5 years)?
Victorules chapter 21 . 3/29
Firstly, this was wonderful! Great job!

Secondly, what was the point of the vision at the underground facility? If they are headed for the - same? - Beacon, and we can't see any preparation done for the Reapers, then the Beacon in this story did nothing but put Shepard out of it and add more tension to her squad meeting the Vakarians.

Thirdly, and this one may actually have no point to it, I still think a better ending would've been to follow only one of them. Maybe they have a constant, background, search for the other going but it yields little as one is a public hero who doesn't like the spotlight and the other a spectre in training. Maybe they are trying to move on romantically or failing to. And maybe at the very end, they learn about this new ship being built between their two races. Just a thought I couldn't hold back.

PS: where's our favorite backwater colony turian girl in all this? We want Lornas front and center for the epilogue!
Victorules chapter 20 . 3/29
This really reminds me how things can always be worse. For a while I thought it would end in one watching the other die from a distance. I thought that was it when the nuke was announced, that it would be too close to go back. Just as easily the shuttle or aircar could have been shot down by turians or Saren very reasonable arsenal.

Glad to see it didn't come to that.
Victorules chapter 19 . 3/29
I know Spectres have pull and all. But can one really call down a nuclear strike so close to the capital city of a the homeworld of a council race? Or is he just way more geared than Shepard got to be in the game?
Victorules chapter 17 . 3/29
Happy belated birthday!

Also, weren't the turian prisoners naked? When did they get suits and boots back on? And this is not a critique, but I do wonder how things would play out if someone other than Shepard got zapped by the Beacon.
Victorules chapter 16 . 3/29
My condolences.

And I would say everything one does matters. Even unprofitable undertakings can serve to show off your passion or skill, and recognition of those are always nice.
Victorules chapter 15 . 3/29
In Meda's message, 'Just because to check...' I'm guessing you meant 'be sure'.
Victorules chapter 14 . 3/29
Got to wonder why Garrus didn't say anything about the war ending to her. Sounds like the sort of thing you tell a soldier.
Victorules chapter 12 . 3/28
I finally slowed down from my reading frenzy. This is too engaging to stop easily.

Just thought I should say how much I'm loving this. And the possibility of them taking the Illusive Man's car out for a joyride while he is fighting the voices in his head and trying to save the galaxy.
MitisVenatrix chapter 21 . 2/23
Beautiful, amazing, and enthralling. All I can say, is well done. Very well done.
Zenog chapter 7 . 2/3
Before continuing on, Garrus was probably looking at some sort of Mustang. I just get that from context. Red sports car, "stubborn", the animals themself are noted for being stubborn... Is there really anything else it could be?
brittypearl chapter 21 . 1/17
Thanks for finishing this story! Last I had read was to chapter 14 I think. Iloiked it up the other day and was so happy it was completed and with a happy ending! Yay! Loved it
WinterEmmers chapter 1 . 9/24/2016
This story was so amazing! I liked how deep into the Turian culture you got, and I felt like you really nailed a unique and well-rounded personality for every character. Those nephews were too cute! And of course, Garrus. Yiss.
Atom Eve chapter 21 . 6/25/2016
I'm in love with this story. it's one of the best I've read. Even aspect of it. sad you are taking a break. I'd love to read more. enjoy and good luck
KasumiCain chapter 21 . 6/6/2016
And a wonderful epilogue. Really, "5 years later" gives us a happy ending, full of opportunity.

This has been a joy to read, Amber Penglass. Thank you for writing it. You're awesome!

- K