Reviews for Sound the Clarion
Headless dullahan chapter 21 . 3/14
*sobs* i didn't want it to end :(
I can read another 100 chapters of this story.
I'm blown away.
Headless dullahan chapter 14 . 3/13
Shepard daydreaming in the morning and then this: "She held onto that dream for a moment, took a deep, slow breath...then let it go. And that was that." ... almost crushed me. I felt so sad. *sobs*
Headless dullahan chapter 11 . 3/12
Woah this chapter was amazing. Loved every scene in it.
I love how you slowly build up Sheparf/Garrus romance. Totally agree about forming a friendship between them first. Everything feels so real. Their dialogue and interaction is so natural.
Headless dullahan chapter 8 . 3/12
Fckkk i'm so hook up.
Amazing story. Amazing character.
I can't stop reading the story. I read in the bus, on my lunch break at work ... everytime i have a free minute.
Love Garrus and Shepard personality in here.
Headless dullahan chapter 4 . 3/11
Woah the scene with Gabias was amazing. I love Shepard so much. She my role model _
I'm so glad Ian is dead. Bastard.
oi770 chapter 21 . 2/24
Just wonderful! Amazing story!
Anon chapter 10 . 1/8
As I was reading the fight between Garrus and Sidonis, I just so happened to be listening to Burning Heart from Rocky 4. I'll tell ya, an already great bit of the story was made even better.
kasraya chapter 21 . 11/29/2017
I LOVE IT!
Guest chapter 21 . 11/2/2017
Over the years this has been out I've read it 3 times and each time its still amazing.
erixon09 chapter 21 . 5/6/2017
I found this ff a few days ago and read it in one day. It was great, amazing experience. I can't believe that is the end. My heart is broken now. Maybe, some spin-off or short story with Shakarian? Reunion with the Vakarian family or date with Garrus (after this 5 years)?
Victorules chapter 21 . 3/29/2017
Firstly, this was wonderful! Great job!

Secondly, what was the point of the vision at the underground facility? If they are headed for the - same? - Beacon, and we can't see any preparation done for the Reapers, then the Beacon in this story did nothing but put Shepard out of it and add more tension to her squad meeting the Vakarians.

Thirdly, and this one may actually have no point to it, I still think a better ending would've been to follow only one of them. Maybe they have a constant, background, search for the other going but it yields little as one is a public hero who doesn't like the spotlight and the other a spectre in training. Maybe they are trying to move on romantically or failing to. And maybe at the very end, they learn about this new ship being built between their two races. Just a thought I couldn't hold back.

PS: where's our favorite backwater colony turian girl in all this? We want Lornas front and center for the epilogue!
Victorules chapter 20 . 3/29/2017
This really reminds me how things can always be worse. For a while I thought it would end in one watching the other die from a distance. I thought that was it when the nuke was announced, that it would be too close to go back. Just as easily the shuttle or aircar could have been shot down by turians or Saren very reasonable arsenal.

Glad to see it didn't come to that.
Victorules chapter 19 . 3/29/2017
I know Spectres have pull and all. But can one really call down a nuclear strike so close to the capital city of a the homeworld of a council race? Or is he just way more geared than Shepard got to be in the game?
Victorules chapter 17 . 3/29/2017
Happy belated birthday!

Also, weren't the turian prisoners naked? When did they get suits and boots back on? And this is not a critique, but I do wonder how things would play out if someone other than Shepard got zapped by the Beacon.
Victorules chapter 16 . 3/29/2017
My condolences.

And I would say everything one does matters. Even unprofitable undertakings can serve to show off your passion or skill, and recognition of those are always nice.