Reviews for A Splash of Color
General Maraxus chapter 1 . 7/13
I watched Monster Rancher as a child and recently watched the series again which prompted me to look for fanfics and this was the first one I arrived at, and it is fantastic. The detail, the humour, the personalities, it really is intriguing to see characters that are labelled as 'baddies' able to possess emotions towards one another not of anger or hatred.

Thoroughly enjoyable story and I know exactly how Durahan feels about the smell, it makes me sick as well.

The only slight problem I had when reading this was that I know how their story ends from the series, and the events that led up to it, but the story showed that perhaps things could be very different if those events did not happen. This story was a much needed deeper look into the depth of characters who I absolutely loved seeing them interact.
Butterflygirl1234 chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
This was so cute :)

I loved the plot you used and how you wrote it; you took something simple such as nail polish and made it into a very good story :)Poor Durahan, he just wanted to get something special for his girlfriend :P It was so funny when he hated the smell of nail polish and tried to buy Lilim a brand that didn't smell but it wasn't her favourite haha. I also adored the scene at the end when the two made up. They are such a cute couple :)

"What time is it, anyways?" Durahan asked with curiosity as he took his cape off his face and let out a tired yawn.

"According to the sun dial it's around six in the morning." Lilim spoke with a shrug.

"SIX IN THE MORNING? Lilim, we normally sleep in until nine or even ten!"

"Well, today's different."

"My lovely Lilim, why is it that you woke me up again?"

"To go shopping, of course! All the good sales happen in the morning!"

"…you woke me up to go shopping?"

Best lines ever XD!
Flying Star chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
*heh* Fear of broom handles...

I loved the banter between the two, it felt so natural for them. Nice use of color terms too. Loved it!
ripitupgenki chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
a very nice and cure story! awesome work! hope to see more