Reviews for cruel

Great, great fic!

Caity :)
Ninazadzia chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
THEIA MY DEAR HIIII :D

Ahhh, man, this is your niche. This is easily one of the best things I've ever seen from you, mostly because you really just got inside my head and screwed around with it. I LOVED your use of the second person, not many authors can pull it off but you did so wonderfully. I also liked how you showed Katniss as a symbol of hatred instead of hope.

The only thing I wasn't too crazy about (and this is mostly my personal preference) is the formal language you used. These are teenagers living in a futuristic society. They probably wouldn't use a word like "musn't" in their day to day speech. Then again, that's just a personal pet peeve of mine, but the ex-Flamer in me feels the need to be at least a leeeeeeeettle critical of a fic as good as this one ;D

Love you Theia girl, catch me on skype sometime soon because I miss you!

xx Reese
marblesharp chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
This was amazingly written! I love the second person narrative you have here - it's so powerful - and telling the story of Katniss' visit to the hospital through a civilian's eyes.

By the way, that Book Thief reference was beyond awesome. Mayor's wife giving books out like it's nobody's business. ;D And 'Killing people does nothing but make people dead' sounds interestedly familiar… Am I imagining things or was that Starkid?
MargaeryStarks chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
A good story, Theia.

I've read a lot of Hunger Games fics, and this is definitely one of the best there is in the archive. I like how Penrose wasn't in favor of Katniss.

The ending. It was good, nonetheless, but I felt that it needed more. Yes, war is never kind. Collins prety much stuffed the whole idea into our minds throughout Mockingjay. You could've been more creative with that, maybe with a similar or even same concept but have it come through more powerfully.

Still, a nice story.

Wis
Luver.of.Pie chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
I loved the pace of this. It was perfect - you led us along, but you didn't drag us or prod us. It wasn't too much to take in at once, nor was it too little. Great job. :)

I haven't actually read Mockingjay yet, but you've really made me want to. /

I agree with the reviewer below me - I like how Penrose /didn't/ like Katniss. It adds some realism to the story.

(my battery is running out, by the way. . . So if I don't get to all of your stories tonight, I apologize!) :)

Ari/LOP
conjure-at-your-own-risk chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Even though I have only a basic idea about the Hunger Games, I was able to understand it.

A pretty spine-chilling work in the wee' hours of the morning. And the best part, no grammar/spelling mistakes! But I have to agree with the other reviewer, the last line could had been stronger. But since the narrator is practically dead by this point, it makes an exception.
Hopefulnoodles17 chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Finally a Hunger Games fic that's not about another Hunger Games! This story is absolutely amazing. :)

Reviewed. :D
escape artist's son chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
This is amazing. Absolutely amazing.

I loved it, from beginning to end.

You're a wonderful writer.

I Know Where You Sleep
Sun Daughter chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
This was absolutely amazing. I don't read too many Hunger Games stories, but this was definitely one of the best HG fics I have ever seen. I love the premise of it all, and you executed Penrose's feelings perfectly. This is one of the most clean, yet painful, death scenes I have read on FanFiction.

The only small bit of CC I can give you is that I think the ending could have been a bit stronger. It was was still good, no doubt, but I was expecting it to be a little bit more of a bang, you know? Still, it was just find, just something I thought I would mention to you.

I didn't find any errors. Of course, I didn't expect to. Props to your Beta and to your amazing writing skills, Theia. This is amazing. Fabulous job overall, keep writing.

Au revoir,

/scurries off

Oh, added to favorites. :D

[ABetterNinjaThanDanCahill]
camela chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
I loved this . . . I tried to look for minuscule grammatical errors, twice, and failed. The name Penrose reminds me of Primrose, Katniss' sister. Anyho, great job and your beta earns my kudos. :3twice, and failed. The name Penrose reminds me of Primrose, Katniss' sister. Anyho, great job and your beta earns my kudos. :3
Your Sugar Sits Untouched chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
An excellent portrayal of the thoughts of a victim of the rebellion. I especially liked the character of Penrose and how she, unlike so many others, looked upon Katniss in scorn of what she had brought upon the people of Panem.

An excellent drabble. Dear god, Theia. Why must you write so well? DX

Huggles,

Piggy
the tiniest pyre chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Very nice, Theia. - I absolutely adored the whole story, to be honest. Especially her name, for some reason. (I might have cried, just a /little/ ...) No spelling or grammar errors that I saw. Overall, it was just ... lovely. As usual.

[Much love,] Minnie

P.S. Was that a tiny little Book Thief I saw, with Penrose's little sister getting a book from the mayor's wife as a payment/thanks for doing her laundry?
mrs.justenbeeebir123 chapter 1 . 8/12/2011