Reviews for A Parody of Manners
Callette chapter 10 . 1/18/2013
Oh, this was really fun! You handled your ensemble cast very well; I especially liked Ryn (Is she an OC? I'm not super familiar with the Star Wars extended universe and haven't come across her before). Are you going to write more?

Thanks for sharing this!
Imaginarian chapter 10 . 10/23/2011
Ugh. Palpatine sensing other's completion really isn't a pleasant image. But it gets his character across, which is something you do pretty well.

Anakin's little speech was interesting. And somewhat amusing, seeing him give a small informative lecture, Obi-Wan style.

Great chapter!
angie chapter 9 . 10/15/2011
Sorry I missed the last chapter, but I have been inconsistent with being able to read lately. This is really like a night time soap opera on TV, I can't say enough about how well this is done. I can't wait to see what happens with Palo here now! I love the line when Padme thinks Ryn would look good in sackcloth and industrial waste, that is priceless! This has a good plot, I am wondering who and why there are assasins involved in a garden party now. I am looking forward to what happens next!
angie chapter 7 . 10/8/2011
Oh,this is such a refreshing story you have here, I can't believe that there are not more reviews! I can't believe Padme thinks Anakin is cheating on her and she stayed so calm! I hope he really isn't, but the way you describe what people are thinking is really funny at times. I hope you continue with this, I really like it, and am looking forward to more!
cake chapter 6 . 8/28/2011
This is a very good story. I can't wait to see what happens next.
kaye chapter 6 . 8/24/2011
I just found this story and I must say it's amazing. Can't wait for the next update.
pronker chapter 6 . 8/23/2011
Haaaa, take /that/, LJ "error 503 varnish!" I shall say what I came to say over here, and that is that this story reminds me /favorably/ of Schnitzler's La Ronde, of which I have seen only the Ophuls film. Wiki says:

"La Ronde

Written by Arthur Schnitzler

Date premiered 1920

Original language German

Setting Vienna in the 1890s

La Ronde (German: Reigen) is a 1900 play by Arthur Schnitzler.[1] It scrutinizes the sexual morals and class ideology of its day through a series of encounters between pairs of characters (shown before or after a sexual encounter). By choosing characters across all levels of society, the play offers social commentary on how sexual contact transgresses boundaries of class."

Ze plot, which thematically traces STDs from class to class:

"The play is set in the 1890s in Vienna. Its dramatic structure consists of ten interlocking scenes between pairs of lovers. Each of its ten characters appears in two consecutive scenes (with one from the final scene, The Whore, having appeared in the first).

Scenes:

The Count and the Whore"

... and so it goes.

But yours is better.
angie chapter 6 . 8/23/2011
I can't believe this does not have more reviews, this is original and humorous! I love the way you describe Padme in this and the way she feels about Ryn, she "stalked off to make war on the woman who was chasing her husband" line is great! This is very well written, and I can't wait to see what happens when Palo is added to the mix. I am looking forward to what goes on at the party next time you update!
angie chapter 4 . 8/17/2011
Oh, what an image, Ryn and Orn Free Ta! This is a wild party when people part ways. This is well written, and amusing. I can't wait to see what happens next!
pronker chapter 4 . 8/17/2011
Eeee, completely unexpected! Ryn, you /are/ having fun, all thoughts to the contrary! Had to laugh at 'defending Obi-Wan's indefensible strategy ... ' bit.
angie chapter 2 . 8/12/2011
Wow, this is entertaining! I like the way you have characters from other stories in this. Padme did not even know she was being insulted by Ryn, did she? This is well writte, and looks to be very good!
Valairy Scot chapter 2 . 8/12/2011