Reviews for INDEPENDENCE DAY
CharlesTheBold chapter 3 . 8/24/2011
I'm glad you brought them together. Though neither Joan nor Dylan acknowledges it, they both need a peer with whom they can discuss their odd circumstances. Joan probably can't say everything she feels to Helen or Dr. Hunter, and Friedmann is on the outside looking in.
Jillian chapter 3 . 8/22/2011
I knew it (the seduction spells) had to be something like that. Not just a gift, but self-interest. Maybe I'm getting the hang of how this works, two virtual seasons down the line? As always, I'm enjoying this, and looking forward to more. I like that Dylan and Joan are finally equal in their love for each other, and that Dylan grew a backbone from his heartaches.
SamoaPhoenix9 chapter 3 . 8/22/2011
Does this mean what I think it means? Are Joan and Dylan finally together for good?

I am still a little mad at Dylan-he picks the most toxic ways to get revenge on Joan, and this time she didn't even actually 'cheat,' as she points out. He should have been glad she had second thoughts and decided to come back to him without sleeping with Tyler. Yes, he gets very jealous, but again Joan points out that she has even more right to be jealous of his exes if you go by his criteria. She never dated anyone with the intent to hurt Dylan the way he did to her. She didn't intended to fall so hard for Jimmy so fast.

I know I sound like I don't want Joan and Dylan to get together. I do, I just think Dylan is being really unfair in his reaction to Joan's trip to Chicago. Hopefully they have the rest of their lives to work out all these hard feelings.

Hester is still weird, but an interesting and complex character. I like how she has to balance. I can actually see her as a tutor for E.T. now if that's where E.T. is going to end up. She'd see right through any ploy E.T. put on once our little sociopath figures out how to manipulate people rather than just demand to be served.

Sorry for not reviewing the last chapter, but I couldn't think of a lot to say.

Samoa
CharlesTheBold chapter 2 . 8/19/2011
Lots of interesting background in the first 2 chapters. Is the entire story going to be like that? I notice that Joan hasn't even appeared yet.
CharlesTheBold chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
In spite of how much I respect Will, it sounds like his opponent is the better equipped to run Arcadia during the recession. Wonder how Will will react to his news in the long run.

Interesting pattern: Joan was able to beat Luke at Rock/Paper/Scissors in spite of the latter's knowledge of game theory, and ET can solve Rubik's Cube. Is the ability to win at games and puzzles a sign of a "Chosen"?
SamoaPhoenix9 chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
E.T. spells trouble for everyone, as usual. It will be interesting when she figures out that being pleasant will get her what she wants faster than being demanding.