Reviews for That You Might Live
Jonny Manz chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Wow. Ouch. I can't say that I really cried during this, or even felt truly sad, but I still had a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach past a certain point. I don't know whether the lack of sadness was due to the fact that I kind of guessed what had happened (I was a little bit off) or due to the fact that I'm too tired to feel emotion now (it happens).

However, this fic was certainly VERY well written, and I made sure to give it a 5-star on Eq Daily. I don't really have much to criticize about this, except for one minor factual error. If you were making reference to Ep 10 in that part where "Celestia" makes up that story about being needed elsewhere, then it's actually Fillydelphia that Celestia said she had to go to, not Manehattan.

Finally, I agree with one of the people that posted a comment on Eq Daily, where he said this falls in the category of fics that he takes relief in the fact that it's not canon. And don't think it's because I don't like the story, it's just that, this is so sad, and Celestia and Luna are two of my favorite ponies, right after Twilight Sparkle.

Anyway, thanks for writing this, it was certainly an interesting (and somewhat depressing) take on why Luna was absent for Season 1. It also served to get me excited about Season 2, specifically, Luna's episode. Only 8 more days! :)
SamPD2 chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Not exactly clear.

Did Princess Luna take

the place of Cel after her death?
Necrofuckup chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
A brilliant, sad fic. It was wonderfully written and paced. Thanks for writing it!
Jiro Dyne chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Such a wonderful, and sad, story. Not many stories like this one around sadly. I love how you fit it to work well with the actual episodes, and not just ignore them or continue after them. Tho like the other review before me, I would love to see what happens next.
Anonymous Critic chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Damn... this is both beautifully written and clever. It's heart wrenching, and I can see the thought put into it. I usually hate sad stories, but this one just kept me reading.

It probably wouldnt lend well to a sequel or continuation, but the plot is the sort that makes me want to see what happens next. Twilight sparkle and Luna and the broken Celestia and all the raw emotion.

In short, thanks for writing this. Even though it broke my heart a little it's a great little story.