Reviews for Holes
another.creative.lover chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
"But it was theirs? And even if it was, did it have to be so cruel and violent and bloody?"
This broke my heart.

And Erin doesn't know, but Misa's time was supposed to have gone earlier. Q_Q

I wonder if her time of death was before the time her parents would die. o_o And I wonder if her death would affect those of her family's.
the aspiring cynic chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Loved the way you added depth to Misa. For me it's second nature to add depth to everything, I can't write anything one-dimensional. It just seems so boring.

Huh, I always did wonder about Misa. If she was hiding more things beneath the surface thus making her probably as complex as Light or even L for that matter.
The Reviewer chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Amazing. I hate how everyone bashes Misa just because they're to stupid and judgemental to even think that she's more than some ditzy blonde. Good job.
Mysti Queen chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Awesome oneshot! I really like Misa, despite how airheaded and dumb she seems, especially in her willingness to do anything for Light. I think that deep inside, she's really a good person who suffered a lot more than she should have and thus becomes misguided. I like that you portray her as a nice girl compared to other people who call her b*tch and all.

I really like how your fics shine light on everyone and they're all perfectly in character. Kudos to you!
sincethelastday chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Yay! I'm the first reviewer! Take that !

Anyways, I found this to be incredibly sad and distressing to read. Let me explian.

First, it was sad because of Misa's obvious grief and despair over her family. Not only are her parents dead, but her sister plays an almost obsolete role in her life. It is rare to read a fan fic where this chapter of Misa's life is touched upon (and so poignantly, I might add). The way she hides her sorrow and grief with fame, her appearance, and her attitude is quite pitiful, but it also shows how strong a person she truely is by moving forward with her life (even though, as you mentioned, she seems to need "time to properly work through her personal troubles"...time that she'll never have).

Second, I found this oneshot very distressing simply because of Misa's and Erin's friendship. It is heartwretching to read about these two girls having a pillow fight and dance party, when months later, Misa is going to aid Light in killing Erin by screaming out her name to be written in the Death Note. The type of betrayal and disappointment that Erin must have felt must have been tremendous. Losing a friend is one thing, but when that so-called friend tries to kill you, that's a whole different ball field.

Overall, you portrayed Misa in a very poignant, tragic way that showed the reader the human side of Misa and not the Second Kira side. The tone was lighthearted, but also riddled with tragedy; tragedy that had occured (the sad state of Misa's family) and the tragedy that has yet to happen (Misa aiding Light in attempting to kill Erin). Beautiful piece of writing!