Reviews for A Parting Gesture
Books85 chapter 1 . 1/12
Awww... this is so sweet. And true, as painful as sticky fingered babies can be. I like the idea of Dee worrying about growing away from Jo, and realizing that this friendship with her was timeless, even as the beach room is. In most of the fics I read where Draco is not a total prat, he is still pretty unlikable. But Dee is quite likable.

I wanna beach room!

I am not sure which sort of prat I am (oops! should have reviewed that fic, too!) saying that when I live only 2 miles to the beach. But it's true; it is such an enduring reminder of how much Ron's friends love him and want to help him to heal. Is that why I want one? Dunno.

Se! You make me think! Thank you.
fan chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
A Crow on the Wall chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
Awww! I just found this one by chance while browsing your profile and I'm so happy I did! Ron and Dee, favourite bromance ever, and as usual, you have the best parting lines. Thank you for writing this!
oscarpaz00 chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Wonderful, but a bit sad. I still hadn't forgiven you for killing Jo, you know? I really loved that girl!
Bottle-Blues chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
I love the Draco you have made in this story he is so lovable, and Ron of course is just awesome.
connieewing chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
thank you for this story...I laughed at ron and he's What do you mean other-worldly eyelashes?" I am sorry that I can't do a donation But if I could I would do it! *hugs* to you!
Jade Star chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Wow spot on again! Love seeing Dee and Ron all grown up! Glad to see that lovely beach room is still helping the boys :)
heronlove chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
That was so sweet. I love that their friendship is still alive.

Crystal
Katmarajade chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Oh my word! I forgot how much I loved this 'verse. Shygryf over on lj recced this and I almost fell out of my chair being all, 'holy crap, that story! I remember reading that as it was coming out and it being a lifeline of sorts for me in an otherwise rather bendy, unstable point in my life!' And as such clickied my way over here at the speed of light and lost myself once more in your beautifully realized, imperfect, struggling characters. They try and they fail and they succeed and they keep on going and I love them so dearly for how genuinely human they are. How things aren't glossed over to make them prettier than they should be and how things aren't overdramatized to announce loudly that 'This is an emo angsty situation, folks! Heads up!' They're what they are and they're difficult and my heart aches with them every time I read this world and remember their struggles. I may have to go back and reread the fic in its entirety and probably sob my head off and laugh and again I'll have that feeling of hope ... imperfect, real, wonderful HOPE by the end of it all. And that's what makes this world beautiful. Anyway, enough on the old, onto the new!

Ron's "other-worldly" eyelashes made me giggle! I'd forgotten how much I love Dee and your dialogue is as brilliant as ever. The conversation about the beach and how Ron's not using it as much anymore and Dee's concern over bringing to much back to Ron if Dee brings Jo up again ... oh, my dears. *cuddles them* And that whole part about how Jo never got to grow up, never changed with them, and how they wouldn't even be friends if they met today- oh, that was particularly touching and provoking. So true and so tragic and such a very real response. I've thought such similar things myself and hated myself for thinking that I wouldn't LIKE that person anymore, because I LOVED them. Situation not quite the same, but similar enough in the basics that that really struck home for me. And you captured that beautifully.

I liked Ron and Hermione's quiet happiness and how it wasn't a loud ball of happily ever after and didn't really need to get stressed, it just was. (more random memories: Hermione is my favorite in this 'verse. The scene of her accidentally apparating to Ron is still forever burned in my brain and I love you for it. /rambly reminiscence of old fics that are not this fic)

I'm so glad that Shygryf requested this and so glad that it's supporting such a lovely cause. Drinks all around! And thanks for bringing this back into my world. It's a lovely nostalgic memory for me. *adores you and your amazing mind*
napchic chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
I feel like I'm cheating to get to enjoy this lovely story when I didn't have enough for a donation this time, but I did enjoy it so much.

I love your Rons. They are the most fantastic creatures who never lived. I love that even though he's being wonderful and well, it's not "happily every after" perfection. Ron seems to accept it's not so much a matter of curing than coping. But it's good to see him happy here. And he's a lovely dad. And his eyelashes are SO otherworldly. I'd grab them, too. :)

Thank you for doing this.
shygryf chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
So much complete and utter love.

you managed to add a baby and make me not hate him even when he does terrible scary things that babies do (though how can I blame him because really those eyelashes are amazing).

and the words about jo and the beach were beautiful and made me misty, and Dee is the most perfect redeemed!Draco.

Thank you so much for writing beautiful words and I am honored that you broke your celibacy with me.
Mists chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Yay! New story! Very sweet, it had that great balance of depth and humor that you always have. Excellent job as always.
tincat chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Oh, Shari. First of all, thank you so much for the link boosting. I know you get it, of course, and just... Thank you. It means a lot.

Which leads nicely into my review, actually, because you KNOW how much this universe means to me and oh. This is so, so beautiful. The friendship between them... Ahhh it's the only way I can read this friendship, the only universe it works in at all. And it's so, so real.

This line:

"If I'm going to drop, I'll drop. It's never going to be down to a conversation, especially not one with you!"

How bloody true is that?

And ah, daddy Ron. One of the best Rons, imo, the man was born to be a dad and you just know he'd be a great one!

Basically this is just amazing.