Reviews for Legacy
Infernalnomad chapter 28 . 12/5/2014
Okay, after reading all the way up to this point, its high time I gaveyou something resembeling a review for everything so far. And honestly, everything in this story can be ssummed up in one word: Outstanding.

As someone who pretty much grew up on the PS1 Spyro trilogy, I'm very happy to see something so great be made greater. PS1s weren't all that up for actually giving us all thhe light-hearted, smile inducing moments I've read here. Genuinely cute, these moments are, such as Elora teaching Spyro to swim (all of my D'aww!). If I'm not mistaken, you pay Moneybags fo learn how right?

The overall relationships with the characters is definitely my favorite part. And I'm especially happy to see the budding rivalry between Spyro and Hunter. The orginal Summer Forest cutscene showed a little bit of jealousy towards Spyro from Hunter, though never mentined again after a finger-snap. Here, you made it a very enjoyable side-arc with a very satisfying resolution after certain little mini-game I had a ball playing.

BTW, I spent hours upon hours playing Hockey in Colossus, friggin loved it.

Other things I liked was much more association with past events other than off-handedly spouting the word "Gnorc" in the first cutscene. Such as Spyro telling Elora his tale of his first adventure. Also, Spyro got some baggage. His bad experiance with electricty leaving him with something of a traumatic phobia.

Persoanlly, I felt that was done a little too lightly, and more of an emotional edge could've been reached. Sparks, for example, has spent the story as the deadpanned snarker that knocks Spyro off his high-horse whenever he gets alittle too confident. This is by no means a bad thing, I just felt Sparks was more of his Dragon's emotional support. This brings me back to the apparent phobia for electricity, and that one moment where after Spyro turned it all off and everything quieted down. There could've been a very touching moment with the Dragonfly comforting his Dragon.

This is your story, though, not mine. And nont of what I've said undermines the hard work you've put here. I'm very happy to have found this, and I very much enjoy your work.
Maniacaldude chapter 50 . 6/29/2014
Wow, this was an amazing adaptation of one of my favorite game series. It's got humor, action, adventure, charm, heart, well-developed characters and relationships, great storytelling, a detailed understanding and interpretation of the series' mythos, and not even the occasional mistake in the spelling can hurt the great writing. It's no wonder why this was listed as a fanfic recommendation on TV Tropes!

This chapter made for a great finale. I especially enjoyed how you handled the bit with Moneybags. "Start running," indeed.

The ending was especially amazing, with Elora discovering Spyro's secret place. It's a great testament to what Spyro has done in the past and what he hopes to accomplish in the future. There's also a sense of bittersweetness to it, because knowing what happened, things would never be the same for the franchise after the third game. I actually think it made for a better final ending than the one we got upon fully completing Spyro 3's Super Bonus World.

I'm not sure if Lore will be as good, considering the lackluster post-Insomniac material you might have to work with, but hopefully you'll be able to pull off something good like with this one.
Lucky Ryuujin chapter 50 . 2/14/2014
Can't wait for Lore. Which games will it cover?
Major144 chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
Great story! I think you did a wonderful job covering all three games. I like the whole love relationship you have going on with the characters. I enjoyed the tense action sequences with the bosses. Enjoyed every chapter!
Somenodynobody10 chapter 50 . 12/24/2013
This entire story...
I have no words besides "You did good, kid" XD

Oh and I would vote for the next part of the legacy-series first, but I have no official profile, so...
Anonymous chapter 50 . 12/15/2013
Hey Lady Mayflower in the sequel are you going to do chapters on enter the dragonfly and a hero's tail?
godofmadness43 chapter 50 . 12/15/2013
awesome, now I wanna see what'll happen next! Enter the dragonfly!
LadyKnightofCelestia chapter 50 . 12/14/2013
Yeah, I read it all today, and you updated shortly after I finished the first 49. It was pretty awesome. I'll be looking that up!
D.J. Scales chapter 50 . 12/14/2013
Alright nice work. I love it. Great job.
LadyKnightofCelestia chapter 49 . 12/14/2013
I love it!
Roogs chapter 49 . 12/9/2013
Very nice. That was a much better final battle than I had anticipated. When I was a kid, I imagined it would have been cool if Spyro got the team together to take down the Sorceress instead of just going in with Agent 9. And, of course, your explanation of Spyro's character is really well done. He's a hero, plain and simple. I'm disappointed that the next chapter will be the last. :( I hope that at some point you will reconsider coming back to this world, perhaps taking inspiration from the later games and putting a classic twist on those levels and scenarios, or invent something entirely new! Regardless, good work.
Lucky Ryuujin chapter 49 . 12/8/2013
Cool final battle. Better than the game. I know I will enjoy resding EtD more than I did playing it.
godofmadness43 chapter 49 . 12/7/2013
huh, well nice job, but you forgot the one from moneybags...and the treasure room
D.J. Scales chapter 49 . 12/7/2013
I love it. This is awesome. I love how this ended.
Lucky Ryuujin chapter 43 . 12/2/2013
ByrdXIsabelle was always cute and hilarious. Wonder if Ami will come back to compete with Zoe over Sparx.