Reviews for There is a Light, Outtakes & Extras
carolamex chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Perfection! Exactly what I thought its going through him. Being one of the unlucky ones to deal with this disease, this is exactly how I know he feels and were his frame of mind is. My poor poor lightward. Hang in there buddy. Thanks so much my genius BDC, you write magic! Pure unadultered magic. So beautiful! Once again, enjoy the silence! Have fun and rest. Much love.
lvmuffins chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
This was good because if anything it showed me that what I was imagining his thoughts and state of mind to be were spot on.
Fiyaaa chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
O jeez...

Loved it x
flyrbrd chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Great outtake! They are one of the best things about fan fiction ;)
Erroneous78 chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
...

Told you.

Gah...
shaz308 chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Very tortured, very lost. It's a shame he didn't talk to her. Thanks for your outtake.
Sunsetwing chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
This may be a stupid question, but is he bipolar?
wonderfullybedazzled chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
I give Edward mucho credit for knowing his problems and warning her. That's all I have to say on that. How many guys are in denial of their own issues? If I had known then what I know now ... looking forward to the next chapter.
jansails chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Aaahhh...nobody smashes the heart to smithereens, blows the soul to bits in the ether like you do.

I want to shake Edward & tell him just because he tried therapeutic drugs 10, 15, or 20 years ago does not mean there have not been advancements in treatment, new possibilities, if only he would try, just try.

And if Edward had taken Bella with him to his counselor, he or she could have explained Edward's condition, how unpredictable, inconsistent, volatile, completely out-of-control their emotions, behaviors, & actions can be to the somewhat naive Bella.

But then, you probably would not have the big buildup, huge, devastating crash, & complex web of their relationship, no?

jansails/jan2
JustSu chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Thank you for sharing but you're right, nothing new inside his head.

Have a wonderful vacations!
runtagua chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Wow.

I just can't hate him, though.

He's just broken. They're both just broken.

xx

Joy
insanemum chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Yeah - I decided to read it - even though I said I probably wouldn't. Pretty much as expected. It was clear that he was trying to get her to leave, because he couldn't do that himself. Sad :(
Nicffwhisperer chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Wow. Intense. Thank you for at least letting us know he DID in fact love her despite his manic depression. I needed that.
arfalcon chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Seeing his struggle from his POV makes him almost forgivable. He tried to protect her, I see that now. He was helpless with that disease. Ironically, I spent the day with a close friend who recently decided to leave her husband and gorgeous girls and run off to Germany to find love with her second cousin. It's clear that she was in a slow cycling manic stage when she left, and now she's fallen into a deep depression. I get that she's sick and probably not responsible for her actions. But the fallout is already enormous. Her family's devastated. And she wants them to accept her choice and continue to love her as she abandons them all AGAIN and runs back to Germany.

What saves your character is that he knows what he's doing is wrong when he fucks her too hard. He's known he's going to hurt her all along, although he doesn't yet know that she won't move on. You've written a true tragedy here. Or at least one that's lasted twenty years. But Bella seems to be on the cusp of making a big decision. Is she going to let Edward into her life again? I think so. I hope so.

Have a wonderful vacation and know that we'll all be theorizing...and, more importantly, hoping...until you get back and continue the story. You rock.
Roshambo83 chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
I am an emotional wreck right now! After I read your update this morning, I spent hours on YouTube watching The Smiths which lead to Ferris Buellers Day Off (a cover of The Smiths us in the movie) which lead me to eighties nostalgia and looking for eighties stuff on YouTube but I kept going back to The Smiths and thinking of high school and old friends and mistakes made. Very bittersweet. Then as I was finally getting ready for bed, I see Once Upon a Saturday was posted early. I thought I would have a night of sleep to recover from this day of funk and YouTube bender before I read that! So I was even more of a mess. My kids think I am crazy. So then I review for TroubleFollows and find THIS! Will someone please come get me off the floor and put me to bed?

I really liked this EPOV. Thank you. During my YouTube bender today, I went back and scanned each chapter while listening to the songs. I noticed that there were two or three EPOVs mixed in towards the beginning. Did you kind of phase him out as you were writing? Did it just happen or feel better with only Bella talking?
431 | « Prev Page 1 .. 18 25 26 27 28 29 Next »