Reviews for Dying To Live
Guest chapter 1 . 8/31/2016
Once again got side tracked by this remarkable quote by, Anatole France:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another".
It is absolutely uncanny, how this quote is used, to mold Scott's POV, regarding his rebirth and new life at Lancer.
"Everything changes. The only time things stay the same is when you're dead".
This piece illustrates the colossal changes Scott is experiencing since coming to Lancer. It shows, sometimes painfully, the two people that he was, merging into the one person he will ultimately become.
He is leaving his grandfather's, "Scotty", back in Boston.
In California, he is, Dying To Live", as Scott Lancer. He
is being reborn with the name that was his birth right.
He is learning and liking, this life that was always meant to be his. He has come home,"to a place he has never been before".
August 31, 2016.
Betty chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
I like your 'first person' (I quess) take on things. Interesting and sensitive to the feelings of Johnny's character.

Enjoyed the peice. Thank you.
Freedom4America4ever chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Good story!
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Wonderful!
Cadillac Red chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Wow! That was absolutely an amazing look at how Scott's life changed, and what he might have been thinking and feeling about it. I love the way you bring texture and depth to the experience of ranching - little details that made me feel like I was seeing (and smelling!) it all. Thanks for writing this! I always drop what I am doing and read whenever I see a new story posted by you!
maria chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Love the unique viewpoint! Very, very well done! More 'Scott' stories please!