Reviews for Assassin's Creed Novelization
I think you hold yourselves too close to the game in regards to the throwing knives.
He should be retrieving those when he is moving the bodies.
I never played the games.
I hate them.
The climbing is too easy and improbable.
The jumping into haystacks would leave the MC crippled every single darn time.
Nope, didn't like it.
Your novelization is great though.
Thank you for sharing this story.
I am going to be bold and recommend the 'Crusades' trilogy by Jan Guillou.
It's about a Scandinavian noble's son who is sentenced to service several years as a knight templar in the 12th century.
It's a great series (haven't seen the movie) and it shows the other side of the war from what you see in AC.
Thank you for sharing this story.
Delphine Pryde chapter 26 . 4/19
I love how you've fleshed out the game and given Desmond more air time.
brandon whittle chapter 7 . 9/6/2017
I play the assassin's creeds games before and this series is good I was wondering if you are doing a new assassin's creed stories like this but with the black flag or rogue
Anon chapter 23 . 8/13/2017
First off, I would like to say that this novelization is absolutely fantastic. Its one of the few fics that I can't stop reading, it's that good. I'm a twin (sister, the other is a brother) myself, but I don't think we write something this fantastic together. Altair and Desmond, their growth and emotions, ADHA. MALIK the beginning of the bleeding effect, Clay's messages, Lucy, ALL THE SIDE CHARACTERS WOAH...just everything is so well done.

Desmond's "Holy shit" moment when Maria pointed at Altairnwas quick but hilarious.

When the entire city helped Altair, I couldn't stop grinning.

I'm excited to read the next novelizations!
WriterGreenReads chapter 26 . 3/30/2017
Holy cow was this good. I have never played the 1st game, but you've got me hooked!
Eric the Looney chapter 7 . 2/13/2017
I have to admit, though the broken legs part was...painful, when I was playing through AC1 for the first time, Garnier was probably the best indication for me that this was going to be a really interesting game to play through. True, there were lots of good ideas, and some interesting fake outs, but doing Garnier's assassination was probably where the idea of moral ambiguity started filtering into the game. Heck, he's probably one of the more sympathetic templars of this game along with the scholar and Nupquod. Interesting dimensions here.
StarkUnreality-pn chapter 26 . 7/17/2016
Wow. That was... impressive. Really. You managed to accurately cover the game and expand it in such a way to make it fresh and interesting. Very impressive, and a delight to read. Thank you so much for all your work on this and posting it!
spaycesickle chapter 26 . 7/4/2016
This was... An amazing read. I'm usually not a fan of canon novelisations but this is just... It's so lovingly crafted. The attention to detail is incredible, and you take every opportunity to build on what the game gave us and turn it into something of its own. The amount of thought you've put into everything is incredible. The journeys taken by Altair and Desmond, the fleshing out of characters and events in the games... I just really, really loved this. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm off to read the rest you've posted.
Anne-Lilian chapter 26 . 3/7/2016
That was epic! I did look up the AC game 'movie' (i.e. all the cutscenes), because, for obvious reasons, the illusions at the end could be a bit confusing, but I still loved it! I am definitely going to go see what else you've written!
Seriously, great job, this deserves a whole lot more than 207 reviews!
Anne-Lilian chapter 9 . 3/3/2016
So, I'm not a gamer. I'm pretty horrible at it, actually. But my sister loves these games, and I like sitting next to her and commenting on how she's doing and how the game is progressing (much to her annoyance sometimes). I also always have a bunch of questions about the story, because obviously I don't sit with her every time she plays this game.
The only mission I saw completely was when Altair had to kill Talal, other than that, it was just snippets. So I have no idea what's going to happen, or who's behind it all or why.
That said, this is an amazing story, and I really enjoy reading it, even having never played the game. I can't compare this to the cutscenes and missions in AC, but it reads really smoothly. You guys are doing a great job (even if I've had to look up the sights of the various cities on youtube).
I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this!
EricAang chapter 26 . 2/21/2016
The novelization is incredible. The story is historically accurate and the characterization is wonderful. Most importantly, Altair's growth is awesome. I am currently rereading the novelizations, so expect more reviews from me.
Callista252 chapter 26 . 2/14/2016
I've just finished reading this fic (I read it while playing AC I for the first time), and it is amazing. I love how you've managed to compile the different missions into a coherent plot, and I love Altair, Malik and Desmond so much! Thank you for sharing this with us, and when I play AC II, I'll definitely read your next fic!
Pov chapter 13 . 12/6/2015
Neither "Christian" or "Muslim" are races.