Reviews for We Are Broken
Beautiful.
AllAboutObsessions chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
very nice!
TrapperII chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
I liked this a lot. Very good characterization of Mary. This line summed it up very well: "It's an answer typical of Mary: slightly haughty, slightly patronising, but with such a depth of meaning if one is only willing to look."

I found your version of the Pamuk confession to be quite "realistic." If only it had happened this way :)
gayeffie chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
I like this...good work.
GennaJoy chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
I hate reading song lyrics, I think it's tacky! But I really loved the actual story, I thought the characters reacted really appropriately and the writing was really beautiful!
Silvestria chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
I'm so glad you wrote this. It's really interesting to see an ep 7 fix it that is, well, pre-ep 7. It changes the dynamic when Mary and Matthew haven't had the "of course" scene. There's still more hope at least on Matthew's part because he hasn't yet been completely shot down.

I do love your Mary - she is just as she is in the show, and you don't help her be less difficult than she is which is great. Lovely sparse style as well which nevertheless conveys everything that needs conveying. Very nice!
EOlivet chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
This just encapsulates why I love ep 7 - the rollercoaster of emotions, depending on which scene or point in the ep! To me, you captured the anxious, on-edge energy of the first M/M scene, but turned it into a confession, which was so clever! :D The idea that Matthew is more incredulously appalled and Mary is more defensive makes perfect sense for the timeline! And I love the line "For God's sake, Mary, do you honestly think I would?" Perfect reaction. :) Keep writing! :D
AriadneO chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Beautifully written! Makes my heart wish yet again this was the path the show had taken because it's simply the perfect balance of angst and sweetness. I loved Matthew's reaction and especially how you wove in his question "Do you love me enough to spend the rest of your life with me?" And Mary's answer is so perfectly her, oblique and yet exactly answering the question. The ending was wonderful as well! Thanks for sharing this lovely story!
Deweynumbers chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Very delicately done, and believable on both sides. Although Mary's mother and grandmother would have been appalled, Mary's confession and Matthew's reaction show the attitudes of the younger generation beginning to change.

Lots of excellent lines, my favourite being:

"I… Good God, Mary, what were you thinking?"

She snorts delicately. "I don't recall thinking anything much at the time."
Chickwriter chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Well done - not an AU fan, but you've captured these two perfectly in character... This line alone... "It's an answer typical of Mary: slightly haughty, slightly patronising, but with such a depth of meaning if one is only willing to look." - absolutely dead on. Really well done!
Tripp3235 chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Very very good angst. Perhaps we should have a follow up to the wedding night?
ScarletCourt chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Utterly lovely. I think that this is what would have happened if Mary decided on her own to tell Matthew before the whole baby business came about.