Reviews for To Thine Own Self
Baileyhumb chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
This is soooo good! Great writing and although I had imagined it differently I found myself loving this!
cros chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
This was GREAT! It read like a missing scene-the PERFECT missing scene!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
WHAT THE
Scattered Kaleidoscope chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Its awesome!
AmandaNorthman chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Nice one! I kinda like it when Eric force to drink Sookie's blood. I want to see "angry" Eric & "regret" Eric afterwards. I got the "angry" part, but miss the "regret" one. Consider that's my request. ;)
Definitely goes on my favorite tab. Keep writing! *hugs*
TinyDancer13090 chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Please tell me this isn't a one shot! It has such great potentional and your a talented writer!
eridani chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
It's rare to find stories with a really nuanced depiction of Eric. He's a hard character to draw without falling into cliches. But you've done a brilliant job here! I really, really like this Eric, and I buy this interpretation of 'getting his memories back' much more so than what we saw on the show. Fabulous!
gottaLoveLOVE chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
I love it!
Artscapades chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
I really like this story, while my fangirl loved the soft sweet Eric story line she also loves the dark Eric. This fanfiction makes complete sense to me and makes me love the pairing all the more. It will be interesting to see what happens in the new season since they've gone so far away from this side of the plot.

Again, LOVE this. :)
eys1214 chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
wow! theonlyflaw in this story is its too damn short! wishing for more chapters, because after the season 4 f-up we all could use huge dose of eric and sookie! great job with this one shot! thanks
MeloveDolphins chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
i love this )
Juta chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Absolutelly great :) I just love to read :D
MissxFlawless chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
That was beautiful. I wish you would update.
cdb33 chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
OK so I don't even know where to start! How about with "thank you" and "great job". I've interpreted (to death) the softer-TB-Eric of the final episodes of season 4 and have come to understand (although not entirely embrace) what Alan Ball is doing with his character development. SO I was so glad to see a fanfic that grapples with the more difficult and complicated possibility that Eric hasn't made a frog-to-prince fairytale transformation!

Your bit at the end about fairy Sookie is so bang on. I really HOPE AND PRAY that AB and the writers do her fairy-self justice in season 5. They've been teasing us for long enough! The whole last part of your fic where Eric tells her he likes her feisty and the real reason he bought her house wasn't to control her and then reveals that he missed her and watched the video tapes while she was away... all that messy stuff where neither one is perfect... was perfect! And, honestly, I really hope the TB writers tap into that as well as you have here in your little story.

So with all that said about the general amazingness of the premise of this fic I'll tell you the specific bits I thought made it really come to life. Best lines that made me say BOO-YA in chronological order (I think the best "profound insight" is #4 and my "ooohhhhhh ouch" moment was #5, my personal fave and hope that it makes its way into season 5 is #6 and #7):

1. "Your little lamb is gone. The big bad wolf is back."

2. "Did you think that starry-eyed simpleton who followed you around like a devoted puppy was the real me?"

3. "As a human, I was a spoiled Viking prince who fucked anything that moved,"

4. "No personality, no history, no sins. That's not humanity, it's the absence of it."

5. "I had nothing but you, Sookie. The woman who found me. You were all I knew, and I was bound to you like a childe to his maker. A perfect blank slate for you to build your own perfect boyfriend on."

6. "You're a liar, Sookie Stackhouse."

And finally, the beautifully articulated TRUTH:

#7 ""That is not what I said," he rebuffed her. "I merely stated that the man without his memories was not me; I never said that I am incapable of goodness. Or love." He reached out and placed his hand on her cheek. She allowed it. "Just as you are capable of darkness," he added."

AMEN SISTER. BOO-YA. I THINK IT'S PRETTY OBVIOUS THAT I'D LOVE YOU TO CONTINUE THIS STORY... I'LL SUBSCRIBE "JUST IN CASE" :)

Thanks again!
eskarina chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
wow. it was great fun to read and very vivid. it left me wanting more. great job!
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »