Reviews for Lost Chapters: Brady
outcast chapter 7 . 7/28
Hello, -
I have been following your work since 2010 when you did the first book of Imprinted Chronicles. Your work is amazing; I am always in awe in how you borrowed Meyer's characters and somehow made them your own. The dynamic the wolfpack has feels real and genuine and I love how well I can picture everything, every interaction and the scenery, in my head. You make it seem like I am watching (reading) a movie. You are one of the few authors on FFnet that I always check for updates. I've been on FFnet since 2006 when I was 13 years old and as I got older, I became more selective about which fan fiction I should read. Not many capture my interest due to grammatical errors or a bad story line. So I always wait for your updates and it makes my day when I see a new chapter. Now that I am older, I don't spend so much time on FFnet due to school and work and other priorities. Obviously, with the condition of your husband, your fans also understand the long wait on your end.

Anyway, what I mean with this review/praise is to let you know that you and your family are always in my prayers because family and health always comes first. I hope that your husband's health improves. I am also sorry about your son. Suicide is something I have dealt with and I consider myself a survivor because I almost went through it. I stopped when the image of my deceased grandmother holding my hand appeared. She told me it wasn't my time, yet. Suicide is a sensitive topic, but it is something to be discussed along with depression. Thank you for expressing that in your note.

However, I also hope you continue to write-not just update your series on FFnet, but anything you can get down on pen and paper or a computer-because you, my dear, have an incredible gift. Maybe you can write a book about your experiences? My mother once told me that not one person experiences one thing alone-someone else is going through the same thing elsewhere.

Anyway, I wish you nothing but the best. God bless you and your family.
Songa chapter 1 . 7/19
I was just wondering if you could post a new update on the about you part of the fanfiction page with links to any of the other websites you use to write. (for example you have talked about the Den and livejounal and NaNoWriMo but I can't find any of your work on those sites.) I love you writing and honestly every time I open my email I hope there is an email from telling me that you updated. I got another one of my friend to read the series and she loves it also. Thank you for your wonderful writing skills and keep updating.
Cassy-Kay chapter 2 . 6/8
Just rereading this story and I have to tell you that the scene with the history class is one of the most well written and funniest things I have ever read. You are such a phenomenal writer and that scene is so believable and realistic. I laugh every time.
Thank you for creating such wonderful and dynamic characters!
Cassy
midnight1899 chapter 4 . 6/8
Wow. As always your writing blows me away. I am so in love with this series, I really think you should publish it. I love your interplay between all of them. The depths of the relationships. And your winding in of the spiritual elements. Gd you just drag me in, the way you write I can't help but feel what your characters are going through. Its heartbreaking. I'm eagerly awaiting more. I hope you are doing well. I can't post this in chapter 7 so I'll go see if theres another chapter I haven't reviewed
devanheyburn chapter 7 . 6/4
Just wanted to say I am so so so incredibly excited that you are posting again! Can't wait for the rest of this story and the continuation of the imprinted chronicles book 4 (!). I just wanted to let you know how truly important the series has been to me. I read them for the first time when I was a sophmore in highscool and I have reread them (at least) once a year and I am now a Senior in college. I even converted them to iBook format so that I could put them on my nook and my mac. So in a way, they've been published!

I'm so very sorry about the trials you and your family have gone through and I'm happy to see you have come out on the other side. You're characters have inspired others to do the same. Even without a pack or our own wolves to help us, seeing the strength of a found family, Sims, and Cassie really helped me when things got hard in high school.

I honestly feel that you should change the location, the names, and some aspects of the Twilight backstory and get this baby published. It's far better then many things found on the book store shelves these days.

Can't wait to contiue to be your fan as we see some new chapters.
PastOneonta chapter 7 . 6/2
I am so sorry. I cannot begin to imagine the pain of the loss of your son. I hope it is not inappropriate to say a few words here. It may seem casual and easy to say 'I am so sorry' in this forum. But we do care, we care for you and for your family. And you have shared so openly that we are moved. We hope for you to find some peace, some comfort, some happiness. I cannot imagine the loss of a child. The loss of a young man who saw no other way. Our hopes, our thoughts, our wishes for whatever you may need are always with you.

Thank you for writing this chapter and for having the courage to tell us.
Mikita chapter 7 . 6/1
I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for creating awareness with your heartfelt note. The chapter was excellent as usual, I admire your courage to continue writing and sharing your universe with us. If words can provide any comfort, I sincerely hope they work their magic on you.
midnight1899 chapter 7 . 5/31
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't read this chapter yet because I am not in the right mindset and I like to savor your stories but I opened the chapter to see if you had written an authors note. I was not prepared for the note you wrote. Words are inadequate. I know there is nothing I can say that will ease your pain, I have experienced attempted and successful suicides of friends and I cannot even imagine the pain of a mother. But please know that you are not alone. If there is anything I can do, even though I may be small and distant behind a computer screen, please let me know if there is any way I can help you. If anyone is contemplating suicide, or just needs someone to talk to and reads this note please feel free to reach out. In the Jewish tradition it is said that every person is a universe, so to kill a person is to kill a whole universe. Sadly, I have never seen that more poignantly displayed then when a friend committed suicide a few years ago. Somehow, we never realize how many lives we touch, often until we are gone. I wish you strength courage and peace, and as always thank you so much for your writing. You have no idea how much it means to me.
Maxsmomma chapter 7 . 5/31
Reading your work is such an investment of emotion, of interest, of self. It's not a passive activity at all and that's what I love about each of your updates. These worlds and words that you bring together are so vibrant and messy and beautifully imperfect. Stuff happens and not all of it is unicorn/rainbow time. Yes, there are moments when I groan to my computer - 'Mel, make the bad stuff go away' or 'Mel,ease up' or 'Mel, let them enjoy this moment a bit longer, please.' I am awestruck that you, at such a difficult time, could still outdo yourself. This Brady, this Collin, this Seth, this Jake, all of them - no one else could have brought each of them together and held their lives together as you have.

I am so sad and sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the ups and downs you have had or will have as time passes. Words are insufficient really. I'd much rather just grab your hand and give it a squeeze and sit with you quietly if you needed a shoulder.
I haven't even read the chapter yet, just wanted to say I'm so sorry. Your authors note brought me to tears. Wishing you comfort.

Princessvamp
Jessica chapter 7 . 5/26
I was so super excited to see this update. I absolutely love your series...and then I read your note and I was so heartbroken for you. I hope you take comfort in knowing you have made friends here, and I hope writing can be an outlet for you. I am so sorry for your loss Mel.

The chapter was funny, heartbreaking, interesting, and exciting all at the same time. You have an amazing talent, and I hope we get to see more of it.
rasheedah2907 chapter 7 . 5/28
So sorry about your loss.
ConCon530 chapter 7 . 5/28
I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. No words can take away your pain but know that you and your family are in my thoughts.

I really enjoyed this chapter. Seeing Brady fall apart at his fathers house was absolutely heart breaking. I am glad Jared was able to be there for him. I am so curious to see what happens with Collin. Collin has always been my favorite wolf. I can't wait until he meets Misty!
midnight.candy chapter 7 . 5/28
I am very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

I hope you find your writing theraputic, because I do. Like these few sentences here "And this time he dreamed of different things. Of snow covered peaks and deep dark caves he'd never seen. Of a wolf he didn't know swimming in a pool of ice cold mountain water. Of fresh breezes bringing new scents to his nose." Your imagery is so strong that it transports me to this other place and I feel like even I can smell the fresh breeze too!
Thanks again for sharing with us.
Yxtchel chapter 7 . 5/26
Thank you for sharing in such a time of loss...Brady by far has always been one of my favorite characters in your universe. Your portrayal of his trauma is heartbreaking but so real and important in understanding his psyche and Collin's compulsion to protect him. I hope you find some solace in writing as I have found in reading your stories. Thank you again Mel...