Reviews for Homeboy
theLadyCheshire chapter 9 . 8/29/2014
escellently done.
Vela513 chapter 9 . 9/25/2012
This is such an awesome story! I love seeing the ninjas from an outside perspective, especially when they do the ninja thing of sneaking around and being awesome warriors and all that. From the turtles' perspective that a lot of stories are shown, the brothers are their normal selves as they always see them, but to everyone else: they're super sneaky giant turtles with weapons on them at all times! Alarming. But I love the relating that goes on here. Protective Leo is so awesome! Good job with Casey, too. He's not always just a bonehead!
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Wow. Awesome start so far. I really like where this is going. I hope Raph will be okay. Nicely done.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
Luthinea chapter 9 . 1/16/2012
AW! It's a Kodak moment!
54Viruses chapter 9 . 12/3/2011
*sigh* that story was a little shorter than I'm used to from you, but still excellent. Glad to have time to read your awesome work at last!

I love stories about family, thank you for giving me a smile!
AlyssaFelixa chapter 9 . 8/27/2011
I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier, I'm in Canada! FanTAStic story, I was squirming in my seat worrying about Raph!

Keep up the epic fics,

Helen
DuckiePray chapter 9 . 8/22/2011
:) A most appropriate ending, and a fortunate meeting for the sake of Johnny and Carl. The boys leave an impact on everyone they meet, whether it be the thug they send to jail, or the random person who's lucky enough to get to breathe the same air as them.

Raph and Casey make me giggle...so typical of them. I'm happy John's going to make something of himself, and that he's got a brother looking out for him. He's been given a second chance, and I don't feel like he'll waste it.

Good on Leo giving advice to Carl...he does know a thing or two about...challenging brothers. ;)

Long or short...I'll take a fic from you any day of the week.
Repicheep22 chapter 9 . 8/22/2011
I find myself at a bit of a loss right now. I've read most of your stories and loved all of them, so I'm very perplexed as to why I find a story from you that fails to capture my interest. Part of it may be because I'm used to big, long, epic tales for you, but I know I've enjoyed your shorter stories as well. I seem to find that this story lacks any clear direction or purpose. In your other stories, you focus on a single character or event and build from there, showing how other characters respond to this person or event. In this story, however, we see only that event; the entirety of this story is talking a street thug out of shooting Raph. And while this could have been an engaging narrative, I find that this story suffers for a few reasons.

One, it's very hard to figure out who I am supposed to be identifying with. Is it Raph as he finds himself completely at someone else's mercy? Is it the other turtles, or Carl, as they worry about their brothers? Is it Casey as he tries to help a friend in need? Or is it Johnny, who just wants to get out of the mess he's in? Because the story jumps from one perspective to another so much, I never know who the central character is supposed to be, and because of its short length, I'm not given enough to time to empathize with anyone.

Second, I get the feeling that you were going for a suspenseful story, but to be honest, I never felt like Raph's life was in danger. You established right from the start that Raph was in no danger of being crushed to death, and it wasn't until midway through the story that we found out that Johnny had a gun. But even then, Johnny had no way of knowing where Raph was, and I was given no reason to believe that he's start shooting madly. All I saw was a street punk, running around scared from things that would never hurt him, and I never got the impression that anyone was in any real peril.

Third is the length. Now, writing a short story isn't a bad thing, but in this, it is detrimental to your story. You introduced two new characters to us, but never gave them any time to develop. Johnny spent all his time running scared and waving a gun around, while Carl spent all his time worrying about his brother. And because your story was so short, I was never able to empathize with either of their plights.

As I said before, this story feels like it's missing a purpose. I wasn't given enough time with your characters to identify with them, nor was I given a reason to believe that anyone was in any real danger. So, when the story wrapped up after only nine chapters, with everyone back on their feet with almost no fuss, I found myself scratching my head and wondering, "What was the point in all this?"

Now, don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed many of your previous stories, especially your Turtles in Love series, as well as Heroes and Friends. You are a very gifted writer, and I'm sure that next time, I'll be blown away.
Krazee Ladee chapter 9 . 8/22/2011
Your fics never fail to swallow me whole, and keep my eyes glued to the screen until there's no chapter left. And I just LOVE that ending; it brings back the old teenage spirit into our favorite heroes. I can't wait until the next story is out, I'm looking forward to it! :D

Always open to any kind of questions about Japan(ese). (o)/

(P.S. Ninja facts still in the making (because we are seriously abusing our final days in Japan, LOL!) and will be done soon!)
Silverdragonstar chapter 9 . 8/22/2011
Good epilogue and thanks for mentioning my comments that was nice of you. :) I do enjoy how you keep with the turtle's characters.
I Love Kittens too chapter 9 . 8/21/2011
Wow! Nice ending! Raph was very fortunate to be free from John threats and I'm glad that John is no longer a Purple Dragon and is going to school. And the Hamato siblings are in peace again.
I Love Kittens too chapter 8 . 8/21/2011
Tense moments for Carl, Casey and the boys.
TigerToa chapter 9 . 8/21/2011
Yay! I'm glad John's okay and back on track and everything. I figured he would be, but still. It's good to hear.

Also, embarrassed Leos are probably one of the most entertaining things on the planet. That bit at the end, about what he told Carl... that just made me happy :)

And you're more than welcome, Mikell! Thank you for all that you contribute, and just out of your spare time! Domo arigato gozaimasu, Mikell-sensei
Linzerj chapter 9 . 8/21/2011
I gots epic foreshadowing skillz! :P

I loved this, even if it was short. It's still awesome - great job!
ZathuraRoy chapter 9 . 8/21/2011
Yay. That was good. Thanks, can't wait for more!