Reviews for Pandora's Box Opened
Bratling chapter 2 . 6/6/2013
You've got your rank system a little confused here. Second Lieutenant is actually the first *officer* rank in the Army. Not NCO, *officer*. Seeing as how, as far as we know, he didn't go through the normal process to acquire that sort of rank, we don't know, exactly, why he was an officer, but he sure wasn't enlisted.
Katie chapter 6 . 4/10/2013
Loved it!
sbearit chapter 6 . 8/31/2011
You wrapped this up beautifully! I love how you begin this chapter with Sully reflecting on the past few weeks, but, with a great amount of emphasis on the past 24 hours. With the full support of his soon to be family, General Parker, and President Grant, who granted him a full pardon of any and all crimes against him, he is now a free man. But, the one person who he really owes his life to is the love of his life, his precious wife-to-be, Michaela. The connection these two share is beyond comprehension!

You gave the reader an intensely emotional insight into what was going through Sully's mind while incarcerated. My take on this whole scenerio is that lying to Michaela by omission about his desertion from the Army and having to look into those beautiful eyes of hers as he tells her they have the right person is having a more adverse effect on him than anything he had, is or will ever have to endure.

Starting out with so little hope and ending with a newfound respect for freedom, Sully is now reunited with this beautiful woman, who will soon become his wife and a loving family to share this life new with. It just doesn't get any better than this!

Linda4HIM59 chapter 6 . 8/31/2011
Ahh, great end to the story and the episode! I enjoyed each chapter, you handled everything wonderfully and so balanced. Two thumbs up! :)
ClaireFR chapter 6 . 8/31/2011
That's why I love so much Michaela. She loves unconditionally Sully. It's how I see them: an unconditional love. When they love each other, they love everything in the other one: weakness, unspoken, actions, commitments. They support and forgive whatever happens. Clare, thank you for this story, it was moving.
ClaireFR chapter 5 . 8/27/2011
Sully is so complex and tortured. It's always what fascinated me in this character: a certain tendency to despair, to be understimate himself, feel responsible for his misfortunes. The series has shown a few times, but read it with your words adds even more depth to his feelings. In the original script, his family is in the jail at the time of the verdict, Michaela and the children hug him, while the guards try to separate them. He says he loves them before they are thrown out. Shame they have shooted differently. Thank you Clare.
Linda4HIM59 chapter 5 . 8/27/2011
Looking into a sky that appeared to be shedding buckets of tears he said a silent prayer to the spirits. "Please Great Spirit send all my love to my family. Always keep them safe and let them know how much I love them."

Wow, another great chapter of Sullys thoughts and misery during those miserable days in the federal prison. I'm so glad you're writing this - the episode left so much untold. Can't wait for more. :)
Linda4HIM59 chapter 4 . 8/24/2011
Oh Clare! Another brilliant chapter! Loved all the detail and Sully's thoughts. The icy cold bath was brilliant, exactly fitting what they would have done in the 1800's and answers a question I always had of how he looked clean at his 'trial'! Well done! Loved the detail of the 'carbolic' soap! And the last bit, of how they both felt when they heard that he would be shot the next day, that line always brings a cold chill every time I hear it. Can't wait to read Sully's thoughts as they drag him away as he hears his beloved screaming his name in agony. Can't wait for more of this! :)
ClaireFR chapter 3 . 8/20/2011
Remarkable. How you explore the Sully's thoughts, fascinates me. Like you, when I saw the first time this episode, I thought that the little orphan from New York, the mountain man living with the Indians, had come a long way to the White House (thanks to his fiancé). Now I think it will become darker and darker (in the wrong meaning, this time) and I fear the time of his death sentence.
Linda4HIM59 chapter 2 . 8/19/2011
I just had the chance to read this second chapter and I love it! Wow what awesome detail, beautiful. You did your research well, the details just flow along so realistically! Everything you wrote makes so much sense, it should have been part of the show! :) Can't wait for more of this! :)
ClaireFR chapter 2 . 8/17/2011
It's a great chapter that explains very well, in a plausible way, career of Sully in the military. And it's not easy with random dates of the original series. We feel very well his lack of motivation and desire to take a bullet that will end his suffering. I can well imagine he thinks he has to pay for killing this man. This explains his defeatism and refusal to fight. I wait for the continuation.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Haunting and stunning. There will be more, I hope?
Linda4HIM59 chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Wow Clare! This was so intense! Nearly put tears in my eyes, so realistic that these were his thoughts! Perfectly executed! Can't wait to read more of this!
ClaireFR chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
You're so talented when you develop the inner thoughts of Sully. This passage in prison for him must have been terrible for such a being, freedom-loving. As terrible as the feelings of guilt and duping. I've always understood that he never shared what happened with Michaela before marriage, they weren't close enough to such an admission. Now, I'm curious to see how you'll continue with all the feelings that are going to invade him, facing a death sentence, the unconditional love of Michaela and the risks she'll take to him. If you don't mind. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase.