Reviews for A Winter's Tale
Mary chapter 6 . 1/28/2005
you should really warn people that this is slash
H4kk3d chapter 1 . 7/7/2003
I hate it. I'm sorry. It just goes on and on.
White Knight2 chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
Yes, I know I've already reviewed your story, but this is in regards to your question. The only immediate relation to Legolas that I know of off the top of my head is his father, Thranduil, the king of Mirkwood. I don't think Tolkien ever mentioned anyone else, but I will check, if it helps.

~White Knight~
LettyDiablo chapter 1 . 2/27/2003
I just thought I would let you know, that as far as what is known, Tolkien never told of Legolas' mother, nor any brothers or sisters. The only close, clearly knwn relative is his father Thranduil.
misstook1420 chapter 6 . 2/23/2003
All right, I really do *LOVE* this fic.

But I still wanna gripe about the "yeah right" expression.

I truly think that changing it to "disbelieving", "dubious", "skeptical", etc. is within your vocabulary. It strikes a dischord, that slice of a modern expression. . .

*shrug* I have a few things I'm against in fic, and one of them is certianly modern-ness.

But, like I said, I still love this fic. You certainly make up for the "yeah right" many times over with all of the Gamgees' dialect, which was excellent.

-Misstook-
Marauder chapter 6 . 2/17/2003
This is truly beautiful. I'm putting it into my Favorite Stories.
Marauder chapter 4 . 2/17/2003
Oh cute! *squeals with delight* Must go read the next chapter! Oh, and the Gaffer's reaction was very believable.
Marauder chapter 2 . 2/17/2003
Hey, someone who mentions Sam's mom for a change.
Marauder chapter 1 . 2/17/2003
Oh.*gives Frodo a hug and kiss on the forehead*.good story. But didn't it say somewhere in The Hobbit that Bilbo was a good cook? Maybe I'm wrong, though.
White Knight2 chapter 6 . 2/12/2003
Wow! Beautiful ending! I loooooove it! Congratulations!
Alex chapter 6 . 2/8/2003
Sorry not a real review.

I am of the *old school* and dont feedback works in progress, because I rather prefer to form my opinion later on the finished piece instead on fragments/individual chapters.

re. your question concerning Legolasfamily, and the lack of information...there is indeed a lot of *info* out there which is nothing but fanon, because Tolkien himself didnt exactly give us much of that charcter s background.

But, a very good place to get one educated on what is available/canon on Greenleaf-Elves-ME background knowledge ect pp. is

*The Encyclopedia of Arda* on

One warning...bring time, this is the -empress- of all references/information sites.

Happy hunting and gathering! ;)
Aidrienne Levine chapter 6 . 2/4/2003
*sniffle*! This was so good! It was so nice to see the pre-quest tied in at the end, and then the Gamgee's finding out, and everythin' was so nice! I was a little iffy about the songfic chapter, but it wasn't really songfic, and anyways, the rest was just so good. Hobbit Slash writers don't get near enough recognition...but your story's especailly jazzin'! Write more and we'll love you forever, precious!
hippiewitch chapter 6 . 2/1/2003
Thank you so much for finishing this story! I ADORE it! Write more, please?
melon477 chapter 4 . 1/28/2003
I just began going anywhere and I read your fic. It was gooooooood! Loved all the chapters.
misstook1420 too lazy to sign in chapter 6 . 1/28/2003
::Applause::

That was sooooooo good, and worth the LONG wait! *throws roses* You should write more LOTR stuff, dear.