Reviews for By the Grace of Lady Vader
R2-D2106 chapter 24 . 1/9/2006
r u goin' to post the sequel on fanfiction? please yes!
acdecnerd chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
Wonderful story! Post the second story soon!
Tylec Asroc chapter 24 . 6/10/2005
The premise of this story reminds me of a line from LotR where Frodo offers Galadriel the ring of power: “In place of the Dark Lord you will set up a Queen. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible … All shall love me and despair!”

As we read further on it's harder to excuse Amidala's actions as motherly love - she is a very damaged woman and her actions slide further into darkness. In fact, although this is rooted to ESB events, by chapter 19, her arrival on the Executor is a re-telling of the Emperor's welcoming ceremony aboard the Death Star!

I liked chapter nine's insight into the new Admiral Piett and his moment of 'in-over-my-head' helplessness, having no superior officers to consult with! His little gulps and worried faces make him one of the more animated officers in the movies, but this really makes him feel like a real person. Meanwhile, Lando is certainly presented in a much less favorable light now that he traffics slaves.

The best parts of this story are the new scenes, such as the rebel lounge at Echo Base, Admiral Piett's moments, and the celebrations/revolutions around the galaxy. These really bring out the 'expand' in expanded universe and give a much-appreciated look at the everyday life of the Galactic Empire and how its citizens tolerate the state of things. Palpatine's end at the Gungans hands was a heavy stroke of irony, although I'm surprised at how easily the group broke into his Imperial palace.

If anything is missing from the story, it's a timeline commentary on the Dagobah training/asteroid hiding. You do eventually mention 'several weeks later', but it would have stressed the Vaders obsessive nature to explore how long they were rooting through the asteroids for their daughter, and it would have been nice to have a perspective on the extent of Luke's training.

The Vaders (gosh, I could help but put a sitcom ring on that as I read, like ‘the Flintstones’. ‘Meet the Vaders’!) are a broken family; upon meeting, father and son are immediately thrown into tension with their secrets! I’ll be sure to check out your sequel and see if, contrary to Yoda’s silence, there is any hope.
Tylec Asroc chapter 1 . 5/29/2005
Ho ho! I can tell this is going to be a brilliant story! Your reference to the prophecy of "The Son of the Suns" tells me you've researched deeply into the Star Wars universe.

Interesting how you immediately bring remnants of Anikan Skywalker present in Vader's admiration of the Falcon; his love of machinery.
No One Exists chapter 18 . 4/15/2003
i cant wait to read the rest this is relly good
Amy-Jennifer chapter 24 . 6/18/2002
That was soooooooooo good! I don't know if you put the sequel on this name, but you should!
R.D chapter 24 . 5/29/2002
*gasp!*

I love this fic! one of my favorites! It's so beautiful! and the Family reunion was beautiful (even tough not always happy)

I can't wait for the sequel, and Amidala's fate. I'm an angst loving person, but I also like happy endings. Whatever happens in the sequel, I would be more than happy to review!.
DM chapter 24 . 5/24/2002
I liked this story. There is just one problem with it. As much as Padme missed Leia don't you think she'd miss Luke even more. After all she was with Leia for 4 years of her life. She did not see Luke for like 18 years of jos life. He did not even know his Mother or even Father were alive. I would like to know what you think about this.
DM chapter 24 . 5/24/2002
Danny chapter 1 . 5/22/2002
Good story I hope to see more form you.
Helna chapter 24 . 5/20/2002
Wow. A great story. Wonderful!
Silver Power chapter 24 . 5/10/2002
Great story! Are you going to put Mara Jade in the sequel? Please do. I do hope that Vaders will grow further into power and hope that Leia will accept her family. Let's not over-throw Vaders in the sequel. Please? Once again, great Job!
December Wind chapter 24 . 5/9/2002
That was so good. I'm sad that's it over but there's always the sequel to look forward to!
December Wind chapter 23 . 5/9/2002
Awww that was really sad!
Fire Jade chapter 24 . 5/9/2002
Wow! And I mean WOW! This is one of the greatest story I ever had pleasure of reading. Can't wait for the sequel!.
78 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »