Reviews for Lion King III: The Pridelands Reborn
The Cool Kat chapter 23 . 11/23/2013
I just wanna say that I am so sorry about the lateness Brasta. For some reason FF has stopped sending email alerts to my inbox. I don’t rely on them to know when I’ve got mail since I sign in weekly to bi-weekly, but I do rely on them to let me know when stories like yours have been updated so I can reviews. So I’m afraid this review is very, very late, but hopefully you're one of those guys who think 'better late than never'?

I have to say you have completed succeeded in making Brasta a more likeable, sympathetic character; his shock, anger, betrayal and finally outrage in this chapter was a palpable. I’m surprised Strike was surprised by Brasta’s reaction, even if he doesn’t know Brasta loves him. If you’ve just survived a massacred, and then onwards with the only two people who also survived, and then discovered there was a third survivor trailing you the whole time, and never contacted you while you felt extreme guilt over their death, anyone’s reaction would be about the same as Brasta’s, unrequited love or not.

The tears and the hugging of Strike signify that for the time being, and I don’t expect this to last long, the ice prince has been melted.

TRON0602 chapter 23 . 10/13/2013
Nice job on this chapter!
cook563 chapter 23 . 10/13/2013
good chapter, i'm curious to see what Strike's reaction will be when he finds out that Brasta is in love with him. keep up the good work and i hope you update soon
Guest chapter 22 . 9/23/2013
please update soon
The Cool Kat chapter 22 . 9/14/2013
Brasta has had enough mind torture and decides to end his own life. Since I wrote a fic centered entirely suicide it was hard for me not to compare the differences between this and “Nothing Left to Lose”. I do love Kopa and Brasta’s back-and-forth dialogue in this chapter (especially the almost business-like manner Brasta has about taking his own life), and I almost consider it a ‘sequel’ to chapter 7. Like before Brasta’s love for Strike is clouding his common sense and he’s about to something drastic, except the stakes are much higher this time.

That said however it’s kinda a stretch Brasta never considered the possibility of Strike being alive. Yes, Sadic did convince him he killed him back in chapter 17, and considering how his whole family died his vulnerable mind would have believed him. But according to Brasta he’s been traveling with Kopa and Maua for months now, and he’s never once dared to dream Strike was still alive? He’s never gotten his hopes up for just a second before he squashed them in all this time? Especially when he didn’t see Strike’s star in the night sky. The fact that he considers himself a hedonistic failure partially explains why he wouldn’t think of any other reason for that, but still… I guess that’s just me being nitpicky.

I can proudly say that my dislike of Brasta has completely dissipated by this point Also… Strike’s back. :)

The Cool Kat chapter 21 . 9/14/2013
I had no idea you were reading “Lazarus”. I hope you enjoyed it. And I’m glad to see you’re making progress again with “The Pridelands Reborn”. Sorry these reviews have taken so long, I’ve been busy lately.

You told me not to hold back on my opinions, so keep that in mind before you read this.

To be honest, it’s hard for me to give you an opinion on the characters since I don’t really know any of them that well. I’ve only read this story and it’s a third of a trilogy. But I can give observations I’ve made throughout the fic, however short-sighted they may be.

I’ve mentioned in the past that for the first ten chapters or so I didn’t like Brasta, if only because of his attitude, but that dislike has lessened over time. Since the massacre you’ve really put him through the wringer, and his torturing of himself in this chapter is a pitiful sight to imagine.

Kopa and Fuwele’s love story is tragic one. He falls in love with her, marries her (and gets into a big fight with her dad to do so), and then has a kid with her, and then when all that’s said and done, he’s still harboring feelings for his ex. Sucks to be Fuwele then.

And even though it was unintended Kopa does come off as being a tiny bit wishy-washy when it comes to the two loves off his life thing. No one ever really gets over their first love, and surely Kopa must have known some part of him would always hold a flame for Vitani. So maybe he and Fuwele should have taken things slower? I might be looking at things from too human of a perspective, but newfound love doesn’t necessarily equal marriage in three months. Or a kid in ten.

Strike and Maua are the two I know the least (but I still like them), partly because I don’t know much about Strike’s backstory and partly become Maua isn’t really that important to the plot. Her introduction in the story comes pretty quick, she survived the massacre and she witnessed her mother dying, but afterwards she’s sort of forgotten by the story. She’s traveling with her dad and uncle, but doesn’t get much of a look in after chapter 18.

I kinda would have liked to have seen her struggle to come to terms with her mom’s death for a little while longer and see the toll her loss has taken on her just like Brasta. After all losing a loved one at that young an age is crushing (“The Land Before Time” always make me cry). At the moment she feels like she’s not quite a fully-formed character yet but Kopa’s cute daughter and a bit of third wheel. Though maybe she’ll get more characterization when Kopa returns to his old pride and reunites with Vitani. God, imagine how awkward it must be for your dad to move on to another woman so soon after your mother was brutally murdered. No kid would take that well.

I can understand why Brasta has fallen for Strike. From what I’ve read he’s a pretty likeable guy, he can be funny when he wants to, and his personality contrasts Brasta’s.

King Haraka… I wrote his death scene, and I can honestly say that I didn’t give a damn about him getting his throat cut open. That sounds cold and callous, but the guy had been a real bastard throughout the entire fic, even more arrogant than his son, and besides Brasta’s insistent that his father was a good man I never felt any reason to be sad about this prick’s death. When a son actually has to blackmail his father just to get him to be reasonable, there can’t be that much love in that relationship. Though again, that could be because I haven’t read the other two installments. Maybe there was some moment I missed that indicated that the king really did love his heir and his pride.

Despite my criticism, this is still a compelling story, and I do enjoy seeing the characters progress with each chapter.

Kopa 4 Ever chapter 22 . 9/6/2013
Is there a continue after chapter 22?
Liana101 chapter 14 . 8/27/2013
Oh my gosh! That was awesome and scary
TRON0602 chapter 22 . 8/25/2013
Yes Brasta did not go ver the literal edge. Go Kopa for talking sense into that dumb lion.

What Kopa says is true. Not everybody has a problem with homosexuality. I am one such person who actually accepts it and encourages others who have such feelings.

Yes! Strike has returned!

Hey Brasta! TRON here! I was hoping you could read and review my chapters!
Jonny2b chapter 21 . 8/4/2013
So your fic came to this Suiside? Sad Just sad.

Hey hows it going?
Sherrylonglegs chapter 21 . 7/26/2013
What the heck! Your killing yourself off. You are a sick sick man Brasta. Oh well, please update soon.
Strike chapter 21 . 7/25/2013
Anon seriously also mirror of fate mon ami
Hmm chapter 21 . 6/10/2013
and everyone was waiting for him there, except brasta; brasta wasnt there yet...
DarthRushy chapter 20 . 6/10/2013
Oh, he IS gay.
Wait, but your...
I get it.
DarthRushy chapter 19 . 6/10/2013
Hang on a minute... is Brasta gay?