Reviews for Tainted
Shadowhawke chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Wow. This was frightening and powerful and haunting. I love how you encapsulated each of the characters in little, twisted, beautiful ways. This was an amazing piece, thank you.
Moghedia chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Never read a Merrill POV before. This is beautiful, just a little snatch of each character, their longings and fears. Wonderful.
Artanis chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
That was creepy and lovely and divine all at once! Always knew Merril was craftier than she seemed...how weird. An excellent depiction of how a blood mage dreams. Spooky :) 3
Sorceress Nadira chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Wow. Very good, very real, very disturbing. I like Your Merrill and I like the image of Hawke's companions and Hawke herself, that was seen through Merrill's eyes :)

You made me love Merrill a bit more again, thank You .
Lady Cailan chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Now I'm like, creeping on your stories, lol.

This was so haunting and beautiful. I don't usually picture Merrill as dark as you wrote her here, but her usual persona annoys me, so this was GOOD.

I love your use of language - so perfect. :)
JadeMadGod chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
A beautiful and strangely frightening AU. Can see Merrill being slowly more and more tainted by the dagger as the title suggests.

I'll never look at Varric in the same way either, the pictures of him all look sinister to me now!

I love your one shots :)
Widu chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Haunting and beautiful. Marked this as a favourite for all the right reasons.

Poor, lonely Merrill... and yet I have surprisingly little difficulty uniting this darker, blood magic side of her with her fluffy daylight persona. They're two sides of an interesting coin, and face it, even those of us who aren't restoring an ancient artifact with the help of a friendly neighbourhood demon are someone different in the dark of night :)
burnedlittlefingers chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Your stories have such an interesting take on the canon characters, here giving Isabela a touch of sweetness, Varric a touch of menace. I've always loved the way you write Aveline.

Merrill has always been one of the least interesting characters for me personally but you've given her depth and complexity here.

Part of me never ever wants to know what you think Fenris did in his past...

Loved this.
Lyrium Flower chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
You have so wonderfully captured both Merrill's bitter longing and her innocent, idyllic mysticism in one stroke.

I also love the potrayal of Varric. It's easy to forget that beneath that charming good 'ol boy bonhomie, there lurks a sly and cunning rogue.

And of course Seb, *swoon*. I want to squish him, make him moan a little more - it's so tempting isn't it - somebody stop me! *squee*
karebear chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
This is really nice. You manage to pull of a beautiful, poetic... dreamlike quality that works amazingly well to tell the story. Very impressive. I like it a lot.
paladindanse chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Very nice. Good to see a dark Merrill occasionally; in the game she was a bit too full of fluff sometimes.