Reviews for 20 Jobs
pinksugarrush chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
Awww, another very cute!

There was a lot of them that were somewhat sad and had my eyes going moist for a bit.

I love your writing and how you can portray a simple scene with such action. Absolutely beautiful! :)
crazyanimefangirl123 chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
great job.
wingswordsandmetaphors chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
This was amazing. I was hoping it wasn't going to be so sad, but, well... whatever. It was still really good.
VuMa chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Omigosh I'm actually crying here I love these 20 series! Are you gonna do one for Dally and one for Johnny? That would be amazing!
Keep on writing because you have unbelievable talent! :)
OutsidersFanatic chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Okay, I'm very surprised I haven't reviewed this until now, because I know I previously read it. But I read it again and it's just fabulous. I love this series you did, the whole 20 things thing. It's really great, really entertaining to read, and just fabulous writing. And seeing as I'm going and reading through like, all your fics prepare for lots of reviews from me, xP.

So many parts of this were filled with so much emotion, most of the time I either wanted to laugh or cry or hug someone. The writing is just so good, so descriptive, it's just really, really great.

The first one- I love seeing Two-Bit there. Seeing how responsible he can be and how he cares about his family and everything. I just really liked that.

Oh my god, hide and seek. That really made me laugh. Of course, little Ponyboy wanted to play and then no one goes to look for him. Mean, big greasers. But I loved Dally's line at the end, "Never go in somewhere you can't get out of" or however you worded it. (Better than I just did, of course.)

Oh my god, I think the sports commentator was the funniest. Greaser McGoo...I just, that's great. And Steve's reaction to that was spot-on. I think the best part was Pony pouring water on him, that was just too much for me. You really had me laughing at that one. I also never thought about how Darry got his nickname, but that makes sense. You would think it would've been Two-Bit, at any rate.

"If you need anything, I'll steal it." Oh my lord I love that line. I just...I love all these little lines that he says that you just kinda sneak into the story that make it so amazingly good and funny. It's like, you know exactly what to say. I swear, way too many people have Two-Bit always just making these corny jokes and it drives me nuts. He doesn't always have to be legit joking- just making these little comments that may not be oridnarily funny, but in the context that he always says it, it's perfect. And I love seeing Two-Bit and Pony's relationship in this. It seems very real, and I really like how it seems like Two-Bit's like a third older brother to Pony. He doesn't just tolerate him because he's the little Curtis- he genuinely likes him and cares about him.

If I went over every one you made, this would be a huge review. So I'll pick out the ones that stood out most to me. Not that they all weren't great, but yeah.

Okay, I love his pick up lines for Kathy. That was really funny, and I liked that, in a later section, he realizes that even though she's not blonde he doesn't care. I thought that was really touching and sweet. Yay Two-Bit. :)

When he says to Darry, "you can punch me if you want", that just shows how much he cares about Pony and Darry and Soda and how much he respects everything they've gone through. And I also like that Darry doesn't get mad at Two-Bit, because he realizes that he really cares about what happens to Pony and never meant for this to happen. So props to both of them. But I did like that line a lot.

Now this part right here,

"You know how to hotwire a car, Two-Bit?"

Two-Bit think he'll bust a gut laughing and swears he'll never see Darry as surprised as he does right then.

That might've been my favorite part. But I had a lot of favorite parts in this. This was just too great for me, I was feelings like Two-Bit there. Pony just seems so, innocent? He's not really innocent, but just the way he'd say something like that, it's just great. And Darry's reaction...priceless. I honestly don't know how you do it.

Two-Bit cooking...that's probably worse than Soda cooking. Seriously. But I love how Pony explained it, that was really cute. Darry's girlfriend is all just, oh you don't have to help me, and then Pony comes in and explains why he actually is "helping". But Pony had to be the one to say that, it couldn't have been Steve or somebody. Wouldn't have the same effect.

I think I almost started crying when I read about the accident, because I knew it had to be Pony. Who else would it be? He's the only one that ever gets into these serious accidents, it seems. But I just, I was so happy and relieved when he made it. Of course he had to, you can't kill off Pony, because then I would kill you. But the tension in that scene, I felt like I was sitting with them. I say that a lot, I know, but it's true. Your writing it so descriptive it makes you feel as if you're in the story.

Oh my, this next part. I just...all Two-Bit's little one-liners. They're so perfect. It's a serious situation that he manages to make funny. He never overdoes it, he does what's needed. And anything you make him say is never corny. I really appreciate that, I do.

"You tryin to get me killed, Ponyboy? Shoot, I thought you liked me."

Loved that. Probably my favorite out of that scene. But the fact that Two-Bit locked him a closet had me giggling. Especially considering Pony's like, 18. I like that they still seem to act like kids around each other. It makes me feel all warm and cuddly that they're still friends and still close even as they grow up. It's just really nice to read.

Bahahahah I loved that last line. Really great ending to a great one-shot. Off I go to read more. Sorry this is so long, as my reviews usually are. I should stop that.
nightprowler579 chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Ahahaha, Two-Bit. Aside from Dally, he's my favorite character. He's hilarious. You're a great writer.

Guest chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Honestly your best "20 Things" fic.
bad mornings chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
I love this! It was so well-written! Everyone was in character, too. Awesome job! :)
Speedyfan chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
this was all awesom, i was like "aaw" at the johnny one.

lke the sports commentator one and all of them wwere great!
you-dig-okay chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
I honestly loved this story, like the way Two-Bit and Ponyboy are so close, and i loved when dally says "Before you go crawling into tight spaces, make sure you can get out." hahaha, that was gold.
thebutterfliesarewilting chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
I really like this and they are all in character...but I like 8 and 9 the best.

thearchetypes chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
I absolutely love all of these. Amazing job!
ILovePepsi2 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
I love, love, love, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this! I really like how Two-Bit looked out for Pony, and how Pony 'had him wrapped around his finger'. ;) I really liked that last part ;) And to make things better, you showed me a side of Two-Bit I didn't know existed! He CAN be serious and mature :O Who knew?

This is being favorited!
KayMoon24 chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
...You're a god (goddness?) of this kind of thing. Man, oh man, I'm TERRIBLE at one-shots. And possibly just writing in general, but you are absolutely fantastic with your stories! I am in love with your "20" series, as well as just your writing syntax. Great stuff! Two-Bit is flawless, and hilarious written. You also give Darry a lot of justice, which I find rare to some fics 'round here. Thanks so much for writing this!
Phoenixx Rising chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
I love to read your 20 series. This one was real cute. You're really good at two-bit.