Reviews for A Guiding Hand: 'Eagles and Tomahawks'
anonymous chapter 1 . 7/18/2014
Just so you know, it's spelled "y'all", not "ya'll", because it's a contraction of the word "you" and "all".
oldtime chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
that was a good story
LenniluvsBrian chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Good fic. Enjoyed it. Brian totally deserved what he got.

~Lenni~
bengirl chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Oh I loved this story... I loved Sully parenting the kids. He does it perfectly..
shelly1874 chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
These are awesome! I agree 100% that Sully would have had no problem using corporal punishment, and I thought the writers of the show were crazy to let the kids get away with so much, particularly disobedience to the point of endangering their lives and mouthing back at their parents. I guess my only critique is that I'm not sure that the term "spanking" would have been used back then. I think they would have used words like, "lickin'", "tannin'", or "whippin.'" I personally would imagine Sully using a switch or razor strop, and I can't picture him taking the older children over his lap.

Your stories are great, though. Please keep them coming!
accounting professional chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
I loved this story. I loved the interaction between Brian and Sully. I also loved it when Matthew and Coleen admitted that they had also been spanked. Please write that story. I can not wait for it.
Mirkwood Tourist chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
This was a great story! Having just watched most of the series, I remember this incident clearly...I'm glad in your story that Sully caught Brian instead of the way the episode went!

Ah, little boys and things they shouldn't do...You seem to catch the personalities of the characters so well that I can hear their voices in my head as I'm reading. I can understand why Brian wants Sully as a pa so badly. The Cooper children know him so well and he is an awesome person, with so much knowledge and kindness...but as we see, he can be firm when he needs to be.

Looking forward to more stories of Sully etal!
rusulka7 chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
enjoying your guiding hand series, looking forward to the next one! thanks
supergirl3684 chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
this was too great! I'm glad you're going to write another Sully/Brian fic cuz I really like Sully as the stern pa. Any chance of another one or...five Sully/Matthew fics? Totally love those as father/son and Matthew does some pretty boneheaded stunts! (Gambling anyone?)
fozrulz chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Aww - that was so cute. You did a great job of catching the personalities of the characters.
wandamarie chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
loved it thanks keep up the great work my mom ,dad,uncles,aunts and all so grand parents use to tell the kid that was not in trouble to stay out of it in less he or she wants a part of the punishment too
jazphace chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
What a great story! Fantastic job with the development. Love DQMW/Dr Mike&Sully ;)
TwilightGuru09 chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
There is something about that little Brian that just wins you over completely. I can understand why Sully was crying himself. And it was funny how quickly his little self bounced back. Good job. I loved it.
Ketterly chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
This was perfect! Very sweet and well-done.

As for the next Brian & Sully story-bring it on! I will read any that you wanna post for us.
ficwriterjet chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Nice story. I loved how patient Sully was with Brian the whole time, even when he was about to punish him. I liked that Dr. Mike trusted him enough with Brian to let him take care of the punishment. And I thought it was sweet that both Matthew and Colleen were worried about their little brother. :)