Reviews for Food of Love
Maple Fay chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I'm so glad to have stumbled upon this piece in my search for Mary/Elsie fics! It was brilliantly done, and witty, and oh why didn't this happen in the show?

Thank you so much for sharing this!
Lavender and Hay chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
I laughed my head off at this; it made perfect sense to me and it was such a brilliant idea. And Hughsie has set her sights on Mr Carson next; yipeee! :)
bookwormgrl chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
You had me in stitches when I realized what had gone down...the timeline was nicely done - just enough information to allow us to put together the true story. :) Now I have to hunt down your LJ version! LOL
Epea Pteroenta chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Aww, glad you posted this here and gave me an excuse to re-read it! Loved the filling out of Mary and Mrs. Hughes's dialogue. You have a real talent for imagining relationships between unexpected characters (I'm thinking William and Edith!) and making them totally believable. Yay, lovely story!
Onesimus42 chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Great job! I had to read it twice to figure out what was going on. I thought you did a great job at the 'mystery' aspect. I'm definitely going to be watching the sandwich scene in episode 6 differently.

I've got to admit that I would kind of like the food orders to get mixed up. Maybe Branson could get Mr. Carson's sandwiches by mistake. ;)
GhostIsland chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
HA! I love how you expanded this - the additions really up the absurdist, almost black humor feel to it (OMG, they tried it on Pamuk! I LOLed! And Carlisle - hee!) It gives the third part sort of a "witches in Macbeth" feel to it, which is fabulous. :) I thought this fic was original and creative the first time, but this takes it to a whole other level. :D Aww, but all in the name of love (I do love Matthew's line about being "the luckiest man alive," aww!) :D Thanks for posting here - keep writing! :) (now to get "Love Potion No. 9" out of my head... :p )
sakurasencha chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
WHAT? I can't believe Elsie went and opened a teashop, Carson will never forgive her, NEVER! For Carson, teashops (and their proprietors) fit somewhere between maids serving in the dining hall and the lower reaches of hell.

OK, off my soapbox enough to say that this was really charming and cute, I loved Mrs. Hughes and Mary's tenderness, and I'll forbear to mention that this is obviously the only way Mary can get Matthew to marry her.
Wotcherer chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Awww that was super sweet and I genuinely enjoyed reading a bit of M/M :) The Mary and Elsie stuff was so cute and I *loved* that she left to open a teashop of all things hehehe :)