Reviews for Of Tea and Soup
FarmGirlForever chapter 1 . 4/26
I love it! It's so sweet how you have them make friends when Louis first comes!
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 10/2/2014
Nicely done.
The Wild Wild Whovian chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
Very nice story about their early days!
Rotary Dial Writer chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
Amazingly written! You've inspired me to maybe get up the nerve and write a "Hogan's Heroes" drabble.
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Wow. This was just...amazing. The best "Hogan's Heroes" fanfiction I have ever read.

Out of curiosity, who is that in your profile picture? He reminds me of one of my favorite actors.
NickTonyK chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Wish there was more!
Haiza Tyri chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
A beautiful beginning.
snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Hi there! This seems to be the only way to contact you, since you have your pm disabled. Congratulations! It is my pleasure to inform you that this story has been nominated for a Papa Bear Award for best short drama! Please send me a note back, so I know that you received this. Thanks!
Glossina chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
I really liked this. It was sweet and just how I pictured they would act towards each other when they first met.
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
A nice getting-acquainted story, though I'd think LeBeau and Newkirk would have been among the early prisoners in the camp and thus gotten to know each other before the Americans showed up. But perhaps he was in another camp and transferred to this one. At any rate, you do a nice job in exploiting the centuries of dislike between the English and French as the source of conflict between Newkirk and LeBeau, the way they rub each other the wrong way unintentionally and how that flares up into anger between them. I wouldn't think Newkirk would be quite that skeletal, but I can easily see him pretty sick and LeBeau's better side winning out just as you show it. The lines when LeBeau expects to be rebuffed and Newkirk shows his appreciation are done just right, and I loved the line that "It struck the Frenchman that his name sounded as odd in Newkirk's mouth as the Englishman's did in his. Yet not so odd that he couldn't grow accustomed to the sound." Nice job!
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
"Louis, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship." (Please forgive the horrid Humphrey Bogart imitation, I'm lousy at imitations and accents.) Good characterization. Tres bien.
buggleston chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
A touching story ~I could see LeBeau wanting to help Newkirk because of his illness and the beginning of a friendship that would last a lifetime.
Fear-Of-The-Cold chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Very nice ) LeBeau's conflicting emotions at the beginning were portrayed really well, and in a different style that grabbed my interest right away. I liked how the elements of the Heroes' later operation, including Newkirk teasing Carter and Hogan being in the Kommandant's office , were made part of the story.
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Nice story. I can see Newkirk and LeBeau making friends in just this way.
inhonoredglory chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
What a touching little story. I love the pre-friendship descriptions of the gang and all their thumbnail sketches. The quotations were nice bookends, and the thoughts interspersed at the start were very well done. That was very interesting to read. Thanks!