Reviews for White Collar: The Nightingale
xue chapter 33 . 2/13
this is really a great story. I spent the whole night reading it, nonstop. as a chinese myself, I have never heard of the military general liao hua's name. the author must know the Chinese culture very well. i am in awe.
Emi-Ly Sway chapter 19 . 11/7/2013
I thought I'd just take a look at this fic. I dashed through 19 chapters and I'm now running late for uni. Thanks. But seriously, the story is really enticing and well plotted. I can't wait to read the rest tonight!
JD2747 chapter 33 . 3/29/2013
Fantastic story! Would love to see this on television! Why not send it in to the writers?
Guest chapter 33 . 3/8/2013
very, very good!
ClaMiAl chapter 33 . 2/26/2013
Nice story! I loved the Neal whump, and the Neal/Peter dynamic. The plot kept up the suspense and had me reading until late at night. I have just two points of critique: The story was written sometimes from Neal's and sometimes from Peter's point of view. I loved that! It was really interesting to see the events and various characters through their eyes. However, during a scene written in Peter's POV, you sometimes referred to him as Burke, and during Neal POV scenes referred to him as Caffrey. That felt very strange, because it gave me the impression that Peter thinks of himself as 'Bruke' instead of as 'Peter' and Neal thinks of himself as 'Caffrey'. That felt so impersonal and it was a bit jarring to read that.

The second point was that the narrative during, say, Peter's POV included information that only Neal knew. For example, when Peter went to that Japanese ceremony, where the 'tattoo' was shown and that woman Neal had painted on did her demonstration with the sword, it said something like, "the woman that Neal knew as xx" (I can't remember her name). That just didn't fit. The scene was written from Peter's POV, and while it was clear that Peter didn't actually know her name, putting this little explanation/name in there made it almost feel like Peter knew. It was also superfluous. The fact that we saw through Peter's eyes that she had this tattoo on her back made it clear to me, the reader, that she was the woman on whose back Neal had painted the tattoo, so there really was no need to refer to her by name. I think there were a couple more instances where information known to only one character appeared in a scene written from another character's POV, but this one is the only one I can remember now.

But, really, these issues are very minor. The writing quality was very good, and I don't think I saw many writing/grammar/punctuation mistakes at all, the plot kept me guessing and glued to my computer, never getting boring or predictable, the characters felt true to themselves, and their interactions with each other and reactions to events seemed very real(istic). So, really, a very good story! Definitely goes on my favourites list.
sami1010220 chapter 33 . 2/8/2013
Wow, fantastic job! This had definitely been the best white collar story I've read to date. Your grasp of the characters and your writing ability are outstanding, not to mention your story was well thought out and captivating. I can't wait to ready more from you!
Scarym chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
I just finished reading your story. I really enjoyed it. Love all the twist and turns. Great Peter and Neal whump. Love the ending where Neal shows up in Peter's room. Their conversation about why Neal came back was perfect. : )
Lovely Rain Dancer chapter 33 . 1/21/2013
And once again I love your last two lines. And gosh was this a doozy! So much action and tension all packed in 30 chapters.. It's a perfect quantity.
Are you gonna write more White Collar? Cuz I'd be enchanted to read it.
Megan chapter 33 . 12/30/2012
Love this fic! Beautifully written and great story line. I couldn't stop reading!
Hieiko chapter 15 . 11/24/2012
YAY SATCHMO! (Couldn't help myself.)
Hieiko chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
'Kindhearted Agent tries to give criminally gifted kid a second chance.'

Elizabeth's right on the money.
imafuckingusername.dealwithit chapter 33 . 10/31/2012
This was beuatifully written. I loved how it remained in character throughout, and it really was a crime/mystery fic, one where you could follow the evidence and guess what as going to happen next.
I loved it.

Thankyou
SweetdrinkJar chapter 17 . 9/7/2012
-bird spit-

actually its Chinese name is very beautiful: 燕窝

both the shape of the two characters and the pronunciation. it gives the feeling of warmth and family

unfortunately I can't afford to have a taste
BlueDiamondStar chapter 33 . 9/4/2012
WOW
Deliciously brilliant and amazingly beautiful story!
I was completely drawn by it's beauty and brilliance.
Truly a masterpiece.
BlueDiamondStar chapter 17 . 9/3/2012
Just dropped by to mention how hilarious actually that 'bird spit' is... when read over numerous times, especially xD