Reviews for Umbra
Guest chapter 11 . 4/1/2013
I know solo is totally alive right now. Lol awesome tale
Anonymous123456787654321 chapter 2 . 3/31/2013
Omg lol heero.
Pandracyte chapter 20 . 12/10/2012
I loved this story. It is a volcano of beautiful, angry, and sad in word form. I can't wait for the next installment (the Penumbra that you mentioned).
Kanberry chapter 20 . 10/25/2012
-hearts hearts hearts hearts hearts!-
Was directed here from TVTropers' Fic Rec. And boy, am I glad I came to check this fic out! Wonderful storyline and character development. I adore this fic!
moo-i'm-an-owl chapter 20 . 9/18/2012
This story is amazing. I love your portrayal of all the characters, you even make me like Relena. I should reread this and review every chapter, oh yes. I can't wait for the sequel! Seems like everyone wants a piece of the Duo pie (hell even I want a piece!) wonder how it's gonna play out.. I'm going to stalk your page as I try to wait patiently!
hyukz chapter 20 . 9/18/2012
Hey there! I just finished reading this story, being closely drawn to it for the last three days (I'm pretty sure I'd have read it all in the first one if it wasn't for school and other stuff, though they surely weren't my priorities as I kept procrastinating my duties to read one or two more chapters) and I must say that this is one of the best stories I've read in my 6, 7 years into de Gundam Wing fanfiction fandom. I've been on and off it more times than I'd like to acknowledge, so sometimes I just look back and see what I've lost while I was away and this - this universe you created, I'm so glad I found it. I was taken from the very first chapter: the plot seemed appealing (isn't magic always appealing?), you had Duo as your main and he's always been my favorite, and you also had Quatre (he's a close second) and your writing was delightful. As you introduced Trowa and Heero, more than once I actually wanted Duo and Trowa to be together (well, before the truth was spit out and /stuff/ happened) but I couldn't stop my feelings for Duo and Heero at the same time. I've been a die-hard 3x4 my whole life (at least, as far as I remember it - I'd ship Duo with everyone but Quatre and Trowa would always get together somehow) and the lack of it in this fic, even the fact that Quatre was straight and that by no means he'd end up with Trowa, didn't push me away - I wasn't even bothered as there was so much for me to get addicted quickly: emotion, action, gore, incredibly well-written sex. Talking about that, your threesomes were, to the core of the word, amazing - I'd never think I'd indulge in shipping 1x2x3, but now somehow I do? There is so much I could say about Umbra yet I don't think that'd be enough, so I'll keep myself short from now on. Thank you for writing this story. It is now listed on my favorites, not only in my profile but also in my mind. I'll look forward to Penumbra, given that there's a chance you'll still write it. I'll also happily read your other works as soon as possible!
Biennia Baron chapter 20 . 9/9/2012
This was fantastic. I have to say it is somewhat odd for me to find such a wonderfully captivating story, such as this, that kept me up way to late- and at a school night at that! I have to say that I was disappointed that Penumbra isn't up yet, but I will be stalking your page waiting for it. Fantastic job, and good luck in your future endeavors... hope to read more soon in Penumbra ;) *hint hint*
Treelim chapter 17 . 8/25/2012
Hmm, am kind of disappointed you turned this in to a 1x2x3, would have appreciated that pairing warning at the beginning as serious threesomes within a dramatic story are really not my thing, I think thay only work in a cracky setting and I would have skipped the story as I just don't find they can ever be balanced in to a meaningful relationship and it was kind of an ambush. Like not warning for het *shudders*. But will finish out your fic to the end as the writing is good and story interesting, oh well.
fangirl85 chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Okay, Im impressed! When I started reading this fic I wasn’t expecting much. Mostly its because Im years in this fandom and read any story imaginable (the good as well as the bad ones), that it's always a pleasant surprise to finally find something new! And this more than anything else felt like a breath of fresh air.

The world you created, while probably borrowed from tv-shows or other books, was enriched with your wonderful imagination and unique mind. You took a very deliberate care in creating this au where so many species exist and wish to co-exist, that slowly but surely I was drawn into their lives, and felt their plight as my own.

My review is a strange mix of conflicted emotions, which I'll try to morph into constructive criticism. First I'll start by saying that I loved it. The story, the characters, the plot, the drama, the politics and the constant change, which definitely kept me on my toes, flipping chapters like channels on the tv screen. The relationship that you built between Duo, Heero and Trowa was very enjoyable to read and even though threesome is really not my cup of tea, as Im a firm believer of not sharing! This time I didn’t mind much, it grew on me as the plot thickened until at some point I felt it was unacceptable for Duo to choose one over the other. Besides supernatural elements draw me, especially if done well! Your writing is very smooth and easy to follow; it's obvious that you have a sharp mind and a quick tongue to go along with it, which was mostly evident through the dialogue and character's reaction. That is a wonderful thing to have, though at times I felt that maybe if you toned it down, just a bit, it would've been better. Scenes were moving at fast rate, which is a plus since it kept me hooked but on the other hand I just felt that some moments were worth prolonging and maybe its okay if conversations aren’t that smooth all the time, we are only humans after all. Lol or not – depends on what you're reading :P

Something else that bothered me was that you described them all as being pretty powerful (them- I mean Trowa, Duo, Heero, Solo..) and in contrast to that it seems like minor incidents could kill them for example when Solo was shot. So yes it was near his heart but after living more than thousand years and having glorified powers (especially after draining those women) and having Duo as servant to draw power from (let alone his own healing ability), still he was in a life-and-death situation. More than that he was on death's bed, which seemed out of place suddenly, for all his strength all it took was one bullet? Couldn’t he move fast enough to dodge the bullet? Couldn’t he use powers to deflect it? Couldn’t he draw strength from his bond with Duo to heal well enough? That wasn’t the only scene that made the fic lose a bit of credibility but being towards the end, my memory clings to it easier.

Oh and one more issue (sorry for piling up), the lemons. Im all for it. Its done well here if though sometimes rushed but it keeps true to the fast pace of developments. My Only wish it was longer, maybe more meaningful and less –Duo sleeps with many if not all- mentality.

On a brighter note, the fic was epic and literally I couldn’t put it down! The complexity of Duo's past intrigued me, the connection between Duo, Heero and Trowa is unbelievably satisfying to read (especially how Heero came to terms with it), the possessiveness, phew! Always exciting to read. You created a solid world that felt very real and alive! With that note- I really cant wait for the sequel. This has definitely been worth my time and Im glad to have stumbled upon it. Thank you for sharing your talent, it has been much- much enjoyed!
Zethsaire chapter 20 . 7/8/2012
Just wanted to let you know that this story if fucking amazing. I got back into writing Gundam Wing fanfiction about a year ago, and just started looking for good fanfiction to read again. Then I found this beautiful gem. Holy shit, that's pretty much all I have to say. It's amazing, and I literally CANNOT wait until you post the sequel. I'm going to go read all your other fanfiction now. You are...awesome.
godiva696 chapter 20 . 7/6/2012
I've just finished re-reading this story for the nth time, and wanted to let you know how very much I love it! I am drawn in every time by the intricate relationships and the complicated system of magic and politics you've invented.

Thank you so much for sharing.
Endless enigma chapter 20 . 4/9/2012
I really liked how this story was constructed. The plot was not too cliche and the story was quite absorping. Truly, I liked, qute a lot and very uch look foward to reading the sequel.

I liked the way you handled th characters' characteristics and managed to bring the canonic 'fates' in so that they fit the story well and avoided also with them the cliche outcome.

Please continue! :)
reiketsukan chapter 20 . 4/8/2012
Oh, this was beautifully done! I've loved reading this every step of the way. Very imaginative, I enjoyed the characters and the way events unfolded as well as your particular style of writing. I await the sequel with baited breath, and in the meantime, I think I simply must read more of your work. It's lovely, so by all means, continue to write!

Yours,

~reiketsukan
Toki Mirage chapter 20 . 4/1/2012
Wow this story is f*ing complicated :D and totes awesome!
nashinashi chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
This was such a fun read! The writing is clear and concise, the dialogue is wonderful, the characterization is so believably done, and I love the concepts and complicated relationships in this story. This AU world feels very thorough and expansive, and the pacing with which you introduced the world concepts and character history and development is just so well done, just enough to keep you on top of things and always intrigued for more. There's a saying that a successful story does at least one of three things very well to stand out- character, plot, or world development. And you hit all three!

One of the most fun things to read about was that serial killer, with those increasing hints about whether it was Solo or not. I was so excited when he joined the fray and complicated things up even more.

I was so disappointed upon reaching the end of chapter 20 since I realized now I had to wait for more chapters~! This was a such a fun marathon and I'm really stoked to keep reading more. Thanks for writing and sharing, and keep up the amazing work! :D
260 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »