Reviews for Umbra
snowdragonct chapter 20 . 12/15/2011
Okay, yes, I reviewed this chapter while signed in. But I had to come back just to say that the very unpleasant anonymous reviewer should have signed their name, so you could respond to their criticism. I consider it the worst form of cowardice to just trash someone's work anonymously, without allowing them to defend themselves, or perhaps agree with you. It's petty and pointless, and frankly mean. If you don't like a story, don't read it. But if you must take cheap shots on the way out, at least show an author the courtesy of signing your name.

And it might be nice if you pointed out the GOOD stuff. Because usually even a story you don't like has some redeeming qualities, like stellar dialog or a clever premise or plot. Frankly "Umbra" has all that and more, and I loved every moment of it. Wouldn't change a thing. I thought the extra characters were integrated into the story extremely well and that even the threesome managed to come across as plausible, given the circumstances. If someone wants a straight, ordinary plot, let them seek it elsewhere. This story was intricately woven and full of fun. If you don't like the way it shapes up, just walk away. No need to be spiteful on the way out. Don't like? Don't read. Simple enough, even for the not-too-bright.

So...sorry to rant. I cannot sit by and watch someone unjustifiably trash a story I thought was well-written, mature, and fascinating. So there. -Snow
Escaping November chapter 20 . 12/13/2011
Oh my gosh, the story is complete! Whoa!

It feels like I've been reading this forever, even though when I found it you were already on chapter sixteen or so.

Anyway, it is one of the -best- Gundam Wing fanfics I have ever, ever, ever read!

The details you put into every chapter was amazing, and how you developed certain characters was wonderfully written.

Plus, even though this is just something that I've noticed, the length of the chapters compared to how fast you updated was great. I read a lot of stories that either update slowly with long chapters, or quickly with short chapters. This, though, was perfect.

Thank you for making my day, and I can't wait to begin to read Penumbra! (Starting on the first chapter, this time, or course)
Ruthaer chapter 20 . 12/13/2011
Oh, what a way to end the story. I can't wait to read the sequel and thank you for this journey through your amazing universe!
Caida chapter 20 . 12/12/2011
Here's to hoping you update Penumba as often as you did Umbra! That was fantastic. I struggled with the first chapter or two, due to all the background information and story, but it was SO worth it. I can't wait to see where this will go.

I'm really glad you ended up liking Heero, as he's one of my favorite characters (next to Duo). Props to you, you made me really like Trowa. All around, it sounds like you should throw around some more 1x2x3 in the future :D And hey, why not a 1x2x3xS for Penumbra? (There are probably rules against that.)

I'm kind of curious how Duo will escape from Jason. Maybe he'll kill Jason, and Relena can have THAT seat. Just speculating.
Kitsune1818 chapter 20 . 12/12/2011
Oh. my. god! I really want to scream! (I have not had that urgency, in a long time) I love this mess arund Duo. I the ending was just great. Oh the suspence will kill me!

I will wait patiently for Penumbra!
FallenGoddessOfBattle chapter 20 . 12/12/2011
...does this mean that i've got a nice little visit from the mysterious Jason to look forward to in the next chapter? Yay!

He does seem like an interesting character... could i try and convince you to write a prequl-y oneshot with some Jason/Duo? (gives the author big puppy eyes...)

Totally looking forward to the next chapter though!

Update soon!
Eternal-Shinigami27 chapter 20 . 12/11/2011
O...M...G, this was so good. I hate the suspense at the end though! it kills me to know what happened next now!I'm surprised Sylvia did that, I was absolutely shocked. Relena is not...so weird. I actually like Relena in this story and I'm sad to see it end. (but the sequel keeps me going).I loved everything, I always did wonder what was going to happen between Trowa, Solo, Duo and Heero. I laughed when and Solo were trying to best each other in how well they knew Duo. Duo has like an awkward love square pentagon thing going on. So many people want him, Im jealous of him. So I guess I have to wait for the rest. Sad to see this go but it was one of your best work. Great job! Loved it!

Love Shini
Emilinia-sama chapter 20 . 12/11/2011
aw, as odd as this was to read, i'm sad to see it end for now.

and i don't know if anybody else has pointed this out, but wufei's a jerk! he's still in love with his wife, he's stringing cathy along, AND he's kinda got eyes for hilde? good god!

anyways, love to see the rest of the sticky mess duo and the others get into in the sequel. and i'd love to see another chap of 'In A Very Dark Corner' whenever it comes out. glad to hear heero's risen in respect for you; hope you have a lovely christmas/new years/holidays.

till next!
CircleKV12 chapter 20 . 12/11/2011
Another great chapter but seriously when is Solo going to die? I kind of want Jason to kill him, heck I just want him dead. He is a SERIAL KILLER! And not a fan of this ending! I mean cliffhanger really. Glad to here you are starting to like Heero. I am a die-hard 1x2 fan. I mean I like other pairing but that one is usually my go. I have always liked Trowa but after reading your story A Little Less Than Normal I liked him more than I thought. I think that was only second 2x3 I think I have ever read. I wonder how they are going to solve Duo's little problem with Jason. I feel like that is a rough situation. I also wonder if Relena is going to somehow sneakily get what she wants, I am not going to count her out yet. Please start your new story soon. I can't wait to see there reactions to what Duo said. It just sucks that Heero, Trowa, and Duo finally get together and shit just keeps happening. Oh and I have a feeling that the 3 of them won't be having sex until Solo is gone so just adds to the reasons why he needs to be killed immediately.
FaustinaAurelia13 chapter 20 . 12/11/2011
Oh noes...what's going to happen with Jason and Duo...given the shocker that was the last sentence of the chapter. I look forward to Penumbra.

Hellfire13

P.S. I am in awe of your talent and creativity.
Cyn Finnegan chapter 20 . 12/11/2011
Hey, Clara! Just finished reading your most recent chapters ... all five of them. This just keeps getting better.

Just when I thought Duo's life couldn't get more complicated, it does. XD
nejisoifon-lover91 chapter 20 . 12/11/2011
Gah! Its Over already! Oh there is another coming out! Yeah! This was so good. Great chapter and Great fanfiction! Keep up the good work.
windwraith chapter 20 . 12/11/2011
Wow so you're going for the sequel. That is cool.I AM sorry Zech's had to die it was interesting that duo was able to control him after their 'encounter'. I would have liked to have scene duo use that influence to have him stand down. but i can see you building a Relina Sylvia contest for the council leadership and I suppose Zechs would have complicated that. Poor boy. i am glad that you've come to terms with Heero. I really like your portrayal of him. It is interesting how characters can grow on you. The same happened to me with writing WuFei. i didn't much like how he was portrayed in the series but when i read episode zero and got into his head to explore his 'sorrowful scholarly side' he became one of my favorites. (please let him come to reason and reconcile with the others in the next fic-don't make him a baddie.) in any case, well done. I'll keep an eye out for part II ~wraith
snowdragonct chapter 20 . 12/11/2011
It's scary when you fall for Heero, isn't it? At my first foray into the fandom, I was all about Duo. Just Duo. Other characters were peripheral nuisances to be dealt with so I could read about DUO. (Yes, I know, I had much to learn.)

Then I read "Oh Injustice" which was a Duo/Wufei story. A truly hilarious, yaoi story. And I was hooked into yaoi. After that, a bit of reading brought me to 1X2 and all the wild and crazy varied pairings, trio-ings, etc... And I was seriously addicted.

But somehow along the way, I fell as much in love with Heero as with Duo. Maybe it was Sunhawk's ION Arc that did it for me. That's where I just learned to adore them ALL. But her Heero was wonderful and perceptive and just to DIE for, and I love him every bit as much as Duo.

So, welcome to my world.

Now, about this cliffhanger chapter! Eep! While I'm relieved that Duo's not locked in a silver coffin for all eternity, I'm a bit apprehensive about the whole Jason thing. (Not as apprehensive as Duo, clearly.)

Love the "who knows Duo best" contest. Those three are going to be the death of him, aren't they? Talk about complicated. He loves Heero...CHOSE Heero...but under the assumption that Solo was dead...so there's residual stuff there. And he's Trowa's Soul Mate, which is just plain unavoidable. And even if he weren't, he was attracted from the start and wanted Trowa as a long-term "human" lover. And then there's Solo, and the undeniable history and connection they share.

Yep, those three are going to be the death of him!

If Jason isn't first. Looking forward to Jason's arrival, and finding out who gets to head the Council. I kinda thought Duo should get the job, but how could he be Executioner AND the head of the Council? Plus, I guess technically he didn't kill Treize...but he was the one who cut his head off and all. It would be totally interesting if Heero ended up on the Council. A null? One who's immune to magic. Formidable. I see why Silvia doesn't like him much. But she's not gonna be able to keep him from coming to help Duo when he needs it. Nope.

Wow. I expect Penumbra SOON. Soon, dang it! I'm thoroughly hooked, and this is going into my all-time GW favorites, you know...the whole Arc. And you are very welcome for the reviews I've left and our fun PM chats. You deserve every review and every bit of praise. You are wonderfully creative and weave a truly enjoyable story...so keep it comin'!
ToonyTwilight chapter 20 . 12/11/2011
What a way to end this. The best/worst cliffhanger I have seen in months.

This is turely great work and I really want to know what will happen next!

Thank you for taking the time to make this!
260 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »