Reviews for Penance
BaggedMilk101 chapter 10 . 3/31/2016
Awesome story! So I was going through my extremely-obsessed-with-fullmetal-alchemist-again phase and I was wanting to read something good. And this was just the perfect dish! The story was good, I liked the development, and though I bullshitted through the last 3-2 chapters, I have to say this was one hella good fanfic. Oh, and I liked the second ending better to be honest. While the first ending left Roy and Winry a happy end, it felt stupid, having to go to all that trouble only to get the Elrics back to the safe zone, while them having to stay in harsh and more dangerous and less happy conditions. The second story was at least fullfilling, even if sadder.
8.5/10
samp.k chapter 10 . 3/9/2016
I'm so happy to read the last chapters !
Two endings, and both so good. Now I understand why parts of the beginning were described through the story, and the difference in time passing... everything seems to fit. You really had a nice story in mind and prepared, and i understand the other end just as much ! Because it makes much more sense in how the characters evolved. And it would break my heart if the relationship that had been so well developed had to come to an end. That's shows how well you wrote, everything was well thought, but the characters and the story took so much depth it made sense by itself.

Thank you, it's been a pleasure to read it !
BuggyNess chapter 9 . 3/7/2016
I don't like post CoS fic, but really enjoyed reading this one. RoyxWinry is not one of my ships but I can feel it in this work and it really does "work." I don't like Ed being so flippant toward Winry but years and years passed and have taken their toll on him and Al. I sort of hoped they'd all make it home and the brothers restored to their youth, but that's too fairy tale of an ending. No, the way you ended it was just fine and satisfying as well.
BlackCatNeko999 chapter 9 . 3/7/2016
Wow. What an ending. I am happy they didn't die and that they got to live together. Great story!
BlackCatNeko999 chapter 8 . 7/22/2015
This story is really great and very well written. I loved and enjoyed reading every chapter. Good job!
samp.k chapter 8 . 7/28/2013
Wow, i love your fic ! The scenario, characters and writing, i just fell in love with it. Though i m more of an edwin fan, this couple seems just right in your story. I hope you will go on with the writing... Seeing it's been one year since the last update, i'm a bit afraid you won't, but really it would be a shame... Such a nice fic ! Aaaww... I feel like begging for the next chapter...
Queen of Narnia49 chapter 8 . 5/13/2013
A little punctuation and proofreading needed, but other than that, really good so far!
-Queen of Narnia49
toricaine chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
I absolutely love this story; your writing style is interesting. You convey emotion so well. I hope you continue with this story. It's without a doubt one of my favorites on here.
Manga Ren chapter 8 . 12/18/2012
Dang this is a good story I really can't wait tell you update it
Mahi-Mahi chapter 8 . 9/6/2012
normally, i don't post reviews, and if i do it's usually because the story annoyed to the point of ranting, or it's just so epic i can't stand it...
in this case, the only travesty i see is that you only have 20 reviews...20 REVIEWS?! this story is amazing! i never liked the first FMA, but for this specific couple, i think the first anime fits them better, it gives them more of a connection, as well as more drama and angst. you have totally taken this couple and this line of events and turned it into something spectacular. u didn't just throw them together at some point, it slowly built up, as well as u didn't have her show affection only after she had discovered Ed and Al were old, which would have made it seem she was just turning to him for desperation, u did amazing putting this together. the romance, the angst, the stress of war, ect...
the only critique i have it the occasion grammar stuff, like you would write 'he' instead of 'the' or not captitalize a characters name...but that's it. your words are fresh without being dull and sophisticated w/o being snobby and having to check the dictionary every ten minutes just to know what the word means, only to discover it's just an overinflated term for something simple.
u did just great. and i totally aplaud u for that, plus, i hate it when such great stories go unnoticed, or they get half-assed reviews like 'update soon!' or 'sooo good!111!' ect...
anyways, i DO hope you update soon b/c i am just dying to see where this goes, what Ed's reaction will be to her and Roy(if he has any at all, considering everything that's happened to him)
great job, and i eagerly await for more!
Guardian Alchemist chapter 8 . 8/29/2012
This story is one of my favorites! Can't wait for the next chapter
mebh chapter 8 . 8/23/2012
I'm still here!

Wonderful chapter as always. The description of the matches being alit is beautiful. Wish I'd written it!

More now please
Noxy the Proxy chapter 7 . 6/8/2012
...Not sure what to say really in terms of how good it 's written dang near lays out Mustangs past like a feast at I hate to put it this way but he's 'practically' gotten his team back...but he's a civilian stuck in the middle of WWII...with Winry...
teacups17 chapter 6 . 4/25/2012
I love how you include the time lapse! It makes the story line that much more interesting. Cannot wait for your next update !:)
xxdarknessxfallsxx chapter 6 . 4/7/2012
Brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant!

I remember the time-lapse with the gate in the series, but I'm soo soo glad you put that detail in here! What an amazing twist! I'm speechless!

And speaking of amazing things this chapter, what a heartbreaking kiss! But it was still a kiss, nonetheless. I was bouncing in my seat while reading that bit. I couldn't believe she was actually choosing to kiss him again after the initial one. Oh gosh, I can't contain myself. XD

Can't wait to see what you have in store. Please update soon! Sorry it took me so long to read the chapter.