Reviews for There Goes the Fear Again
RositaLG chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
I just want to pinch this fic's cheeks. It's so adorably angsty in a "Teenage and I hate the world" sort of way. Which, I totally mastered at 12. Plus, you got E's math and my baseball...I love it. Ten JPs for doing Math.
nertooold54 chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Good story. I completely understand how Parker feels.
Frankie707 chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Great job there. I can remember being a kid and thinking it wasn't fair that my younger brother (well half brother) got to live with my dad full time and I only got to visit (and since in my case I lived in another state I didn't get to see him every other weekend!).

That really was perfectly done.
jenlovesbones chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
wonderfully angstful! I love Parker-heavy stories, maybe more than all other stories (please don't tell... I don't want anyone to revoke my shipper card!) ;)

Bravo! Well done!
Biba79 chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
I see you didn't use my name suggestion, but I love Jocelyn as well.

Poor Parker, I already feel for him, and the story didn't even start.

He takes their daughter and though she squirms briefly, Jocelyn soon accepts the change in caregiver and begins to stick her tiny fingers in Booth's mouth, leaving Booth to remove them intermittently with a gentle hand.

Awww, I love how she's putting her fingers in his mouth. lol She sounds so sweet already, perfect little Bren!

"Can I go with Bones instead?"

He's got the right idea. If I was him, I would want to go to the Jeffersonian too. Who wouldn't, right?

"Who's your favourite?" he whispers.

"Mommy," Jocelyn answers definitively.

Booth sighs. "No, Joss. Daddy. Daddy's having a rough day; daddy."

awww, this was funny and heartbreaking at the same time. she's so cute though.

"Jocelyn's gonna have spent more time with my dad than I have in my whole life by the time she turns two," Parker states, and suddenly he doesn't feel like looking her in the eye anymore. "I figured it out a couple days ago. After that, I'll never catch up with her."

I don't blame Parker for feeling this way. I feel for him, poor Parker.

She steps fully into the room and his sister trails in after her, dragging along this stuffed cow he's pretty sure Bones would throw away in a heartbeat if his dad and Joss wouldn't pitch a fit.

She better not throw the stuffed cow away, or I will pitch a fit too. I'm glad she is still Brennan but letting things fly, like her daughter having a stuffed cow. haha.

Jocelyn looks up at her brother, takes the cow's tail out of her mouth, and generously offers him her soggy plush animal. Parker grimaces, but he quickly pastes on a smile and thanks her. When she raises her arms, he obligingly pulls her up to join them on the mattress.

Awww, look at that. See, she loves him and he loves her. She's such a cute sister.

"Booth has always believed time to be relative; which is a notion that I – as a scientist – have always objected to strenuously. However, over the last few years I have come to understand your father's position. Though I maintain that this is in a strictly metaphoric sense, of course," she clarifies quickly.

Parker doesn't understand where the conversation is going, but years of Bones-speak means that he naturally approaches this in the same way as his father. He simply stares at her and trusts that she'll continue to talk, and eventually the words will make sense.

Yeah, I have no idea what she's saying either. lol

I'm glad Parker finally told Booth, and I agree with him, Math is stupid. hahahaha. I knew Booth would make him feel better and he did. I guess talking about it was just what he needed, and not just with anyone, but with his father.

If he can cram his head full of enough of these memories, maybe he has a shot at surviving Parker's teen years.

I hope we get to see Parker in his teen years, but just having to imagine is awesome.

I loved the fic, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You rock Ren!
steph chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
This was wonderful. I'm most looking forward to seeing parker interact with the baby and the new dynamic it will bring. Booth and Parker already have a sort of non-traditional type family and it will be so cool to see that change again once the baby comes. I imagine it will be hard at times and I'm glad you added that in.

When I saw angst/family I automatically feared the worst. I thought...death, illness, injury, I was super relieved when it wasn't any of that! Great job!
dovepage chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
So well done and so believable. Enjoyed it and I definitely am exhausted from the angsty fics circulating now. Seems like a real situation that could come up...not this year due to the limited amount of time they have, but maybe next year. Thank you.
Baileyjane chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
This WAS angsty! Bittersweet. Some laugh-out-loud funny lines and some kind of heart-crushing ones.. I love that you gave us a glimpse into how their life as a family could be..

Booth (oh Booth!) is perfectly Booth-y: When you write in the beginning that Parker asks Brennan questions that she doesn't hesitate to answer and add: "although Booth really, really wishes she would." And: "He's learned that regardless of how adorable he finds her behaviour, there are times when it simply doesn't bode well for him to comment on it." Brennan is still Bones: "I will be gone at least three hours. Should you require any assistance at any time, call me." Snort! But she also is a mother and in love: when she watches Booth and the baby "Brennan's heart clenched in the best way." I like how you give little tidbits about them without expanding - a phrase or two says volumes about their life: Booth warning Parker not to tell Bones that math is stupid...Parker knowing that he can't just re-use a dropped dishtowel or Brennan will freak. Perfection! And you must be one hell of a CAT mother, because your lines about Booth and Parker were incredible: "Booth selfishly holds him a little tighter, knowing the window for affection is small and closing quickly." And what an ending - I could see it as I read the line: "Booth commits the image of his son pillowed against the passenger window to memory anew at every red light..." Well done Ren!
rbutler chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
How can you not have a child and yet so perfectly capture how parents feel about so many things? I'd hate you if I didn't like you much. I'm just going to sit over here and seethe with jealousy.

I love that Parker is using faulty logic - perhaps the same kind of logic Brennan herself might have used before life with Booth. And her outrage and being denied a million years was hilarious and priceless.

I love that Booth is still insecure, needy Booth, who wants to be the favorite parent of at least one of his children at any given time.

And that they can't re-use a dropped dishcloth. That, and so many other details (of course Parker wouldn't have a TV in his room, of course Brennan would hand over her jewelry, choking hazard be damned), Booth going to put gas in the car just to give them time and space, create a rich and real picture of life at chez Brennan/Booth.

This is one of those fics that remind us why we love the characters so much.
24 | « Prev Page 1 2