Reviews for Verdigris
EvilIsntBorn chapter 24 . 2/22/2015
I loved this story very much, thank you for sharing it with us! :D Im a huge fan of your writing since I read "not completely altogether here", you are amazing!
tansypool chapter 24 . 9/30/2014
Well, that entire damned fic shattered me, and I love you for it.
J chapter 24 . 9/26/2014
Amazeballs
Guest chapter 6 . 8/22/2014
Awesome. I love what you've done with the charters but how was Elphaba submerged in water and not melt.
NCIState chapter 24 . 1/17/2014
I don't think I've reviewed this story in a while, but I just thought I'd let you know that I read this for the first time quite a while ago and I constantly re-read it. To this day, this is hands down my favourite fic I have ever read. Out of all of my fandoms, out of all of my ships, no story will ever be as good as this one. This story has it's own place in my heart :)

Thank you so much for writing it! 3
CrimsonJoy chapter 24 . 12/29/2013
Wow... Just wow. This is probably the best fanfic I have ever read and I'm delighted to have found it. Your write beautifully, everyone stays in character through the entire thing and your action scenes were perfect. I also love how you kept a few little things in there (Elphie's scarred hip, Glinda's name change etc) but made up your own reasons for them. All in all, brilliant story!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 24 . 12/24/2013
Intriguing shift, I’ll give you that.
I’m sceptical of most ‘Wicked’ AUs that put the characters in such drastically different situations- so often they seem to pay little real attention to the characters’ original lives and just be an excuse to write a fantasy fic- but your take on Oz in the middle of a zombie apocalypse would have been intriguing as a concept from the beginning even without your idea about the new reason for Elphaba’s distinctive skin, and the subsequent plot was fascinating, I assure you.
Your take on Elphaba as a tortured victim of twisted experiments was handled very well, giving her a new reason for her isolation while still making her recognisable as the character we know with her compassion for others and her desire to fit in and help out, particularly when she discovered the apparent cause of the outbreak despite Oz’s limited scientific resources. The new twist on Glinda is also handled well, her desire to succeed given a genuine drive now that she’s seen how hard the world can be rather than just having lived a life where everything was practically handed to her, and their first meeting and subsequent alliance is excellent, Elphaba’s shyness and Galinda’s confidence forming an obvious contrast before the confrontation with the Wizard forces them into the alliance they never formed in canon.
The tension in their new relationship is handled very well, Galinda’s determination to survive a sharp contrast with Elphaba’s fear at the outside and her desire to find a cure, with their initial hostility and fear plausibly shifting to a deeper bond than either of them have ever experienced, as Elphaba’s good intensions and Galinda’s strength find a perfect match in each other as they learn more about the realities of this Oz and the issues in their own relationship.
The ending’s kind of tragic in its way, but I suppose that it’s the best you could expect in a world stricken by the zombie apocalypse; with so much lost, all anyone can do is survive and hide until the threat isn’t an issue any more…
Kind of tragic at times, but a fascinating new take on the land we know as the characters are put into a highly unexpected situation and pitted against some of the worst monsters out there; keep up the great work!
ToastWeaselofDOOM chapter 24 . 9/5/2013
Wow, so I read all this fic in one sitting. And I just...wow. Wow wow wow wow wow. I don't even know where to begin, but I guess I'll start out with my usual.
1) Your characterization. I could kiss you. Gelphie that isn't out of character! Bless your heart.
2) Your plot. Hot damn, I love myself a good plot, and this one was AMAZINGGGG. I was initially skeptical because Zombie AUs can be either really good or horrible. You shot all zombie AUs out of the water. Go you!
3) How you withheld information until it was relevant and did not reveal it until necessary. So many fics just shove all the information at the beginning and don't take the time to write out a reveal. You get an A.
4) Loved how you mixed canon with fanon and then made confetti with said canonfanon and then dusted it upon your plot where applicable. Ace!
5) G(a)linda was the badass and took care of Elphaba, not the other way around. Such a good change!
6) The progression of the relationship was natural and believable. So many people can't figure that out. You did. Go you!
7) I couldn't predict anything. All of the props in the world.
8) It was a truly happy-sad ending. Don't get those, generally. Doom and gloom because of no cure, but still a tinge of hope. Ace! (Only way you could have done better was have made it ambiguous ala Dogfight or The Handmaid's Tale and then laughed at the anguish of your readers who don't get EITHER ending!)

I'm sure there is more, but it is 3AM and I'm exhausted. Great fic, great writing, great EVERYTHING, congratulations you win at life and fanfiction. Thank you for writing such an amazing fic! When it's not 3AM and I don't have class in the morning I'm going to go read the rest of your work.

Cheers!
Gentle Touch Ginger chapter 24 . 6/11/2013
Okay now I am more emotionally stable and even though it is past midnight I will try to express my incredible emotion for your masterpiece.

This. Is. Beautiful. In every way. I love how they slowly fell for each other, how you described everything in such detail. I felt like I was there with them, in that alleyway, in the snow, in that train car. You are truly one of the greatest authors I have ever had the pleasure of stumbling across.

They truly deserved each other, you made them equal. Elphaba wasn't too weak for Galinda (or, Glinda if you may). She wanted to protect her, even if she was kind of bad at it. She loved her, she was so loving . And Glinda, she could fight the Verdigris, but her physical abilities were nothing compared to Elphaba's wonderful soul and heart. They slowly became more like each other, each one bringing out the better in the other. You did an outstanding job showing this.

My favorite parts were at the beginning, when they both loved each other but didn't know it. Elphaba didn't know what to do, and Galinda, despite everything, wanted to protect her. I liked their first kiss, when Elphaba was scared she had messed up or something. I also loved the scene in the train car. I don't know why, but it was incredible. As I mentioned earlier, I was there. I could see the dusty piano keys, the overturned tables, the way Elphaba's hair looked in the light.

Lastly, I want to thank you. You obviously spent a lot of time, care, and dedication on this story. I want to tell you that it paid off. Honestly I could sit here and discuss the story for hours, how it actually made me think about my own morals and what kind of killing is right and stuff, but as I mentioned earlier, I kind of stayed up really late finishing this. It's 12:40 am and I'm tired. I've been reading this story in every spare moment of my time for the last few days.

Thank you so much.

Luna
Gentle Touch Ginger chapter 21 . 6/11/2013
This chapter made me cry! Usually in fanfiction I get mad because it isn't bad enough but this made me cry it's 11pm and I have to know what happens so just leave me alone feels ahhhhhhhhhhhh why is this story so beautiful? Why is everything about it so...so right? I can't stop reading...ahhh I'll write more when I'm finished...cryijnggggggg
nursejoy7 chapter 24 . 4/14/2013
that is a sooooooooooo great fic :D I looooooooooooooooove it! great job continue to make gelphie fics!
winter156 chapter 24 . 2/4/2013
This was an absolutely incredible story! It has been a long while since I have abandoned a good night's sleep because I was so caught up in a good story.

I particularly love the zombie trope because of the contrasting backdrop it provides for the characters' humanity (or lack thereof) to shine through. And, I most willingly admit to your exceptional talent in presenting such a vivid and poignant depiction of the theme. You captured the essence of the characters while fitting them into different roles; and you did a spectacular job of molding and shaping the characters throughout each chapter. I was thoroughly absorbed into your zombie-ridden Oz. I felt elated, despondent, terrified, disgusted, slighted, and justified right along with your characters.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say: this was wonderful. Simply wonderful.
Guest chapter 24 . 1/23/2013
Oh my God, this was amazing.
I chapter 24 . 10/5/2012
Best story everrrrrrr!
Guest chapter 24 . 10/5/2012
Now I've read that story and I can't think about anything else. It was so entertaining, emotional and dramatic and I really appreciate the content and your writing style. I can't wait to read more gelphie stories from you!