Reviews for The War At Home
sandysea17 chapter 22 . 2/26/2015
Outstanding story I just couldn't stop reading it!
Will you be doing another one about Auggie?
KareBearin chapter 23 . 7/19/2014
Hi! Your 'Body and Soul' story led me here and boy am I glad it did! You integrated small details from the series into your story seamlessly (i.e., Annie's line about owing Auggie more than a sandwich - that is my favourite scene of CA). I could hear the characters in my head, as if it were an actual episode. It was a pleasure to read and I can't wait to delve into another one of your stories!
Andrejia chapter 23 . 5/17/2014
Finally, I have reached the end of a story that I didn't really want to...end. I appreciated a lot the writing, plot and the author's note and I'm glad you were stubborn enough to see this through its end. Absolutely amazing work. Given that Auggie's my fav, I savored every single line.
cherithcutestory2 chapter 19 . 2/12/2014
Ha! Love S1 & S2's "Oblivious Annie" who doesn't get why everyone thinks she and Auggie are an item. ;)

I meant to mention this before but I adore the way you've brought in the guys from Auggie's old unit. Excellent way to give backstory on Auggie without clunky exposition. Plus, those solders are just fun!

Lastly, totally believable evolution of Dr. Allen. That was hard to pull off! But you gave him a perfectly reasonable arc.

Have I mentioned that I love this fic? SO MUCH.
cherithcutestory2 chapter 18 . 2/12/2014
Have I commented yet on what a fine touch you have with Rossabi? Woefully underused character, both in the show and in fan fiction. You've wisely incorporated him as the terrifically straight-laced foil to the scheming rule-benders of our beloved CIA. I love every interaction you write between him and Joan (who is beautifully in-character, always, in your fic). I especially like when she or Auggie or Barber brings up him up short just when he's totally lost faith that he and they are both working toward the Greater Good. It's such a good reminder that all is not black-and-white, but they ARE on the same team.
cherithcutestory2 chapter 17 . 2/10/2014
You are a GENIUS. A Morse-Braille-Turkish code?! Are you sure YOU'RE not CIA? ;)
cherithcutestory2 chapter 16 . 2/10/2014
Okay...You need to know there were a hundred things in this chapter that deserve my applause.

But...The Oscar goes to your incredible, insightful, poignant, beautiful Billy hallucination. My jaw hung open for the duration, and my eyes *may* have filled with tears. Lady, you are a marvel.

I'm back to being totally blocked and intimidated by your prowess. Dang. I shouldn't be reading this, least of all at 3AM! But I can't stop... :)
cherithcutestory2 chapter 15 . 2/9/2014
If you couldn't tell, I've totally given up on staying away from this story for the moment. You knit a fine yarn, friend.

BRILLIANT detail about the growth of Auggie's beard. I'm so in awe of you!
cherithcutestory2 chapter 14 . 2/9/2014
I love your way with language...especially the "salty" stuff, LOL. "Winning hearts and minds in the mountains of eastern Fuckistan!" Oh my. :) This exchange was a bright spot in a dark chapter. A chapter which, by the way, was excellent, and I'm not sure why you weren't pleased with it.

Oh, another moment I loved: The circumstances of Auggie's injury (NOT an accident!) - "Fighting bad guys." Ha!

Why, YES, I *am* planning to review every chapter. You got a problem with that? ;)
cherithcutestory2 chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
Arg! One chapter is never enough with your stories, darn it! ;)

The exchange over rank that ended with the "Mister Allen" line was absolute genius.

I love that Rivera and Duncan are on the case, too! Can never have too many allies. And those two characters are just great.

Oh, muses, be gentle with our Auggie! :)
cherithcutestory2 chapter 12 . 2/7/2014
I'm gasping for breath! What a thrill! And an absolutely gorgeous chapter. Yup, I finally caved and read some more; makes late-night baby duty so much more fun, so much less tedious. ;)

I just love how you've taken canon moments and imbued them with a sinister haze: Auggie's time in Iraq, and even his injury, are so much scarier in your version! But not because you've changed the facts; you've just masterfully reinterpreted them to serve your story in a completely believable way.

I adore how kick-ass your Auggie is. He's nobody's fool and he isn't going down without a fight. If these mystery captors think they've found an easy mark, they've got another thing coming!

Okay, one drawback to late-night perusal of your fic: How am I supposed to get back to sleep now, with my heart thumping the way it is?! ;)

Hugs,
Your Number One Fan :)
cherithcutestory2 chapter 10 . 1/10/2014
Smiling that some of our research has obviously overlapped. :) Well, except yours was done a couple years ago. Again, late to the bandwagon, me. Don't mind me while I fill up your reviews with my tardy comments. ;)

Love Major Duncan. And can't believe Auggie wasn't faking the PTSD attack! Cringe. Poor Auggie...
cherithcutestory2 chapter 3 . 1/4/2014
How have I not seen this fic yet? I'm a little late to the bandwagon, but I am ON it! I feel like I'm reading a published novel...one that just happens to feature my fave CA characters! Doesn't get much better than that. :)
me chapter 23 . 11/20/2013
Thx for your story
Well done hope for more
miss carefree chapter 23 . 6/28/2013
Wow. This has been a very great journey with an equally great story. If there is any fanfics here on CA fandom that's worth to be make into big screen and be a success, this will be it. I, certainly, would be going to the cinema to watch it! Many times if my allowance permit. Congratulations for finishing this story. Looking forward to your next writing :)
- PA