Reviews for The Meaning of Loyalty
Portuguese Irish chapter 3 . 6/6
This was so beautiful. ;-; (that moment when I want to write an epic review but the story is too good and I feel like a simpleton and can't say a decent thing)

And I can't help but giggle at Crossbones and his cornflakes. XD
J.D. Finck chapter 3 . 3/3/2013
Thanks for an interesting read. It is always a pleasure to read good prose, and yours is just that. At times, you achieve excellence. You almost make me like this style of story- and considering how much it is NOT my thing, that's saying a lot.
Please do me a favor, and let me know if you have written any stories along more conventional lines? Or if you have written any original fiction? Original works in this vein could be very interesting!
I'm a fan of your writing, keep it up...
J.D. Finck chapter 2 . 3/3/2013
Well done. Writing in first person was a risky choice, especially for a long piece like this, but you pull it off. I know how hard that perspective is to write in, so my hat's off to you.

Criticism time: I think a little editing is needed. There is a lot of repetitiveness, and cutting back just a little would add urgency.

I am suspending my basic bias against 'hurt/comfort/slash', so I won't go there. I am accepting that a massive, hard-ass killing machine like 'Bones has a soft side (and a sexual/emotional attachment to the Skull)...but I can't accept him saying things like "I said through my sniffles..." Sniffles is just not a word that 'Bones would say. You generally do an excellent job keeping him (and the Skull) 'sounding' correct.
J.D. Finck chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Simply put, you can write.
You are really good, your narration, your dialog, your characterization, all fantastic. I don't go for the 'hurt/comfort/slash' aspect, it just isn't my thing with these original characters, but you do it about as good as it can be done.

I hope I don't come off as a 'hater'- far from it. I think stories like this one are perfectly valid; I just prefer original characters in their 'classic mode', but you write so well that I don't care so much about that. Do you write more 'traditional' stories? I would love to see you try your hand at something original, because I think you have it in you to write a truly excellent piece of fiction.
By the way, I, too, remember this story line in the Cap comic. I certainly enjoyed it...it was a VERY early precursor to stuff like yours...oddly touching and with just a trace of homo-eroticism to it. Thanks for reminding me of my misspent youth reading comics!
TTTTTTTTTTT chapter 3 . 6/18/2012
I just love this story! I like how you portrayed Red Skull's and Crossbones' other side. This was a very sweet story and very well written. I hope you still continue to write stories about crossbones and red skull.

-Darkness
Darkness.Reaper chapter 3 . 6/9/2012
Hey,

Just to say that I really really loved this story! It made me smile all the way through :)

I only know Red Skull but this made me a fan of Crossbone too!

I adore the relationship and moments they have here, and you are a wonderful and great writer!

Haha I almost can't explain how much I enjoyed it xD

I hope there ever might be a next part! I can dream right ;) Thank you for the great story!
ManicPixieNightmareGirl chapter 3 . 3/20/2012
Amazing. I officially love Crossbones. 3

He's so... dedicated. Ha. Lovely relationship they have, secret cuddling included.

I think Crossbones storming into the nearest German restaurant with an AK-47 and demanding they hand over all the food is his usual way of going grocery shopping.

We have midnight, early morning and dawn... will there be a late morning or noon or afternoon or whatever? If it's so, you have me as your loyal cheerleader: Go Kukapetal! Go Kukapetal! Write, write, write! :D
Blackbird71 chapter 2 . 2/28/2012
I love how, until Red Skull finds out about Crossbones, Captain America is the only person he can trust. I think that relationship is the most interesting. (Not that the Red SKull/Crossbones relationship isn't interesting.)
Blackbird71 chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
I have never read any comics with Crossbones in them, but I'm a fan of Red Skull (after this, I like Cross boones too). This is good. On to the next chapter!
Musicwolf7 chapter 3 . 2/19/2012
Lol, aww! Storming a German resturant could be funny. This was good. _ I remember reading the Chaos Engine Trilogy awhile back and the Skull was watching the dawn/sunrise. Very nice! :)
Jasper Blood chapter 3 . 2/18/2012
Simply amazing! The details were fantastic and the humbled personna you've created for Skull is flawless! Just goes to show that even the most powerful villainc can be human:) Awesome job!
Jasper Blood chapter 2 . 1/23/2012
Never in my life would I have dreamt up a concept as both alarming yet brilliant as this. I must admit, I've never been fond of slash fics but the way you describe The Red Skull's pain and suffering, and the way Crossbones still continues to look up to him and respect him- absolutely stunning. I'm not well-versed in the comics but after a bit of research on the other characters... well, simply put, this was a concept fic, revolutionary to the category. Awesome job, very, very well-done!
rodeoCLOWNgirl chapter 2 . 11/21/2011
ohmigosh! I love this story! You are totally fantastic! I was in tears! I am completely in L-O-V-E with this! Rock on~! Oh, by the way, this is Dire-Shinobi from :D
Musicwolf7 chapter 2 . 10/8/2011
This was awesome! Excellent writing. Better then mine and my minor is in english, lol. There simply isn't enough Red Skull floating around . You could so write a what if? comic on this! You should submit it to MARVEL and see what they think.
rockofmarduk chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Wow, what a cool story! You writing is so beautiful I just couldn't stop reading. I love the way you've written the characters. It's like a sequel to the comic. I'd love to see your other Red Skull stories, there just isn't enough of them. Please keep writing!