Reviews for Fragments Of War
snooky-9093 chapter 3 . 6/16
First, I wanted to thank you for reading and reviewing my Hogan's Heroes' story, Epiphany. I like to thank all my reviewers and I am persistent. So here I am. I like Combat, so this is the perfect place to send a note. I will be busy checking out your other stories; I was so impressed with this one. Your writing is so descriptive and beautiful. I honestly don't know if Kirby's hatred of Germans would stem from such an incident. As a child? Yes. But as a grown man? Perhaps he would be able to understand the deep feelings. Hard to say. It has been quite some time since I watched the series. I always thought of Kirby as someone who is rough around the edges, but capable of showing empathy. I think he is just disgusted with ear, and disgusted with the Germans for starting it. But tthis is your own interpretation. Kirby is my favorite character,Btw.
churchlady63 chapter 3 . 12/1/2014
So sad.
Kirbysbabe chapter 3 . 12/1/2013
I love your stories, they are so expressive. This chapter really got to me. Thank you.
elflingskitten chapter 3 . 8/4/2012
Hi Cruelest Sea,

First, I want to apologize for not reviewing this piece when I first read it a little while ago. I love it. The first two chapters show your typical style: intelligent and well-crafted. This third chapter, though. WOW. I consider this some of your best work, and to me that whole paragraph about the mustard gas and sandwiches really stands out. I just love this style of writing. It's bleak and jagged and raw. And terribly realistic. Beautifully done.

Secondly, in a step outside of protocol, I wanted to thank you for the review you gave me for my own Combat! story. That an author of your caliber took the time meant a lot.
Kimberleah chapter 2 . 7/17/2012
Thanks for writing. I hope we all do remember!
Lady Enigmatic chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Wow. I love this! The quote at the beginning really fits. Good job.

-Lady E-
EeePeaM chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Your second sentence is so well written. It sets the whole tone for this very intense piece. I've always felt that these short stories are the greatest challange for an author and this one is very well done.