Reviews for University Challenge
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 24 . 3/9
Yay, so glad you're continuing, and I liked the process Sybil went through to come to a decision. She does feel like a teenager, nice ring of truth with that. And really great story about Isobel taking care of Matthew and completing her degree at the same time!
luvgoround chapter 24 . 2/28
really good. I like how you had Sybil go through all the emotions and things a young woman thinks about with an unplanned pregnancy. You did a great job and I applaud her decision! Love this story. Who took the pic of Mary and Matthew, I wonder.
jmar chapter 24 . 2/25
John Steinbeck wrote a short story that I read in High School that went something like 'a boy becomes a man when a man is needed'. And I've always believed that it of course applied to women too! We rise to the challenge, if we're worth our stuff. Isobel took care of Matthew, Mary continues to pursue real relationships, Edith tries to find her place in the world, Cora is the 'fixer/solver' & Sybil will approach motherhood. Yes, JS' words do indeed apply to women :-) Thanks for continuing this story; I also am beginning to pull away from DA a bit, all good things come to an end I suppose. But I'm glad that fanfic does exist; thanks for all your hard work.
mngirl chapter 24 . 2/23
OHMYGOSH YES. THANK YOU. Thanks for sticking with it even though you're not super passionate about it! :)
AmeriGirlTN chapter 24 . 2/23
So glad that Sybil decided to keep the baby. It's a big decision for a young girl but a great one for the continuation of your story.

Who knew Edith would turn out to be the most loving and kind of the family? Thanks for making her character different to JF's version.

Mary and Matthew living together sounds so sweet but I can spot potential problems. One of which is the maturing Mary needs to do and then there's the reaction her parents will have to the news. After Sybil's news, they may not be ecstatic about them becoming roomies.

Who was taking photos of them? Is that snake Richard Carlisle about to raise his evil head?

Thanks for continuing this well written story that is interesting even if it didn't have the DA connection. Looking forward to seeing what hapoens next so please continue.
agatefleur chapter 24 . 2/22
Thank you for the lovely update! Yes, I am also waiting to find out if Rosamund was able to trace Matthew to the Crawley lineage. When he finds out, wouldn't that be akin to receiving a letter from Hogwarts?
eyeon chapter 24 . 2/22
So is Matthew a distant cousin (heir?) or do we know that yet?
Lady Maurelle chapter 24 . 2/22
Loved the interactions between Sybil and Edith. I'm so happy you updated this story, thank-you so much for continuing even if you lack the time and inspiration to do it. We really appreciate it.
Thank you so much for this new chapter. I completely understand diminished inspiration as well as time to dedicate to this story and I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your writing. This was my first adventure in DA FF (Jezebel article) and it holds a very special place in my heart. Thank you!
Guedt chapter 24 . 2/21
Thank you for updating this wonderfully written modern M/M story. So many of us still miss them and really missed your take on their story. It's so well done. No wonder it's been translated into so many languages.
Svnh chapter 24 . 2/21
I'm so happy you updated this story! I really liked seeing Sybil and Edith interact, some of my favourite moments of this story have been between Mary and Sybil because I can always see how much they love each other and they're always very in character, and I'm really glad you had edith and Sybil spend time just the two of them, I don't think it's something we've seen before? I laughed out loud at them reminiscing about pretending to be chavs. I also loved Matthew's emotional speech about his sister. Mary's and Matthew's differences summed up in their description of that flat made me smile, having them tell Anna instead of each other was a great idea.

I thought Sybil and Robert's conversation was very realistic. I also loved that we witnessed Sybil poking herself and feeling guilty about it before that conversation takes place. Before I read this chapter, I was convinced you'd have her have an abortion, maybe because we saw so much of Mary's thoughts about it, and I couldn't help but see her point of view when she worried about Sybil ruining her life. I didn't really want Sybil to decide one way or another, but I couldn't help agreeing with Mary. Sorry if I'm not making much sense. My point was when Sybil is in the bathroom and feels guilty about just poking her stomach, I realised she was going to keep it and I wanted her to, because she clearly would not be able to abort it and be okay mentally. So I liked that that moment took place before her conversation with Robert, even if that conversation reinforced her decision, at least we know her decision is not based on a knee-jerk reaction, which would be very in character for her I'm afraid but would be proof she's definitely not mature to be a mother.
ScarletCourt chapter 24 . 2/20
I have missed this story. So glad you updated. Hope the next chapter will be available soon. I want to know what happens next.
Naniee chapter 24 . 2/20
Nice to see an update on this story! I hope you find the time and the inspiration to complete it! :))
I was terribly excited to seem this update. Thrilled you are continuing with the story. It's fantastic!
TheSingingGirl chapter 24 . 2/20
You know, it's a good thing that Google Chrome remembers my passwords for me. It's rather nice coming back to this fic. I've spent all day writing dramatic gunfights and such, so this is like getting home and being handed a nice cup of tea, even if Sybil is determined to use such language! Well done on finishing the new chapter :)