Reviews for The Long Road Home
AuralayKristine chapter 24 . 11/9
This...this. Just... this. Oh this story, this story, how it ate my life.

I'm going to reread it and post multiple reviews on a few different chapters, because there were some things I wanted to be more specific about. To be honest, I devoured this thing so quickly that I probably have forgotten some of the things I loved the most, and I want to catch them all. I'll be working on that over the next few days.

But first. Oh, first.

I have loved Prince of Thieves for...oh I don't even know how long. In spite of not being a huge Kevin Costner fan, he and Christian Slater were so amazing together, and the brother reveal...gah! My brotherfeels-loving heart still melts every time I see that bit. ("I have a brother? ...I have a BROTHER!" *HUG* asdflkjsdafds)

BUT I always felt we missed out on some really, really important development between those two. We see the whole reveal scene (which, yes, amazing), then the whole, "I'll do that, you cover us with your bow" "It's too dangerous, Will" bit, which, okay, in my head is always going to be a "I'd've let you do this before I found out you're my little brother but now I'm feeling protective of you" scene, but even that takes a bit of creative thinking. Then, yes, okay, the most iconic shot of Robin in the entire movie (shooting the flaming arrow with a backdrop of fire) is Robin shooting to save his brother, yay! -but after that...Will is just sort of...forgotten? He becomes comic relief during the catapult scene, and then you see him in finery at the wedding's like, okay, so all your anger and grief at what Robin did to you is just gone? Really? And now you're best buds? REALLY?

This fixed like...EVERYTHING, and then some. I absolutely think there should have been some time between taking down the Sheriff and the wedding scene-it only makes sense, when you think about it!-and this was the perfect thing to DO with that time. I am going to go in and review specifically on a few chapters, because otherwise this will be too long, but I just had to let you know how much I adored this.

One thing I will say specifically here because it really stands out: When Will tells Marian that Robin doesn't love HIM, he loves the IDEA of him...that really broke my heart. Because as much as I would want to deny it, and as much as Marian obviously wants to,'s clearly hard to deny. They barely know each other. I love that this story acknowledges that, and approaches things with a "okay, so let's GET to know each other then, shall we?" bent, which is just...yes. Yes, they SO needed that. Robin is of course going to instantly cling to Will because, hey, family where he thought he had none left-but at the same time, Will is going to be wounded and easily frightened, because he's spent most of his life being rejected, so yeah, this is going to take some getting used to, and they need to find middle ground! I love how this story embraced and addressed all of that.

Okay I'm gushing in general rather than about your story specifically, which is not what I want to do, because your story deserves specific gushing. So I'm gonna stop and come back and review some specific chapters and see if I can actually get something coherent going, but I just had to jump in now and tell you how pleased and delighted I was to find this, and how it has reignited the flame of my Robin Hood fandom brother-feels love. 3 You are amazing!
Lisha chapter 24 . 4/26
I was watching PoT on TV last night and then of course had the urge to reread your fanfic. I see that you have been semiactive on FF this year- any chance of us seeing that sequel mentioned in the end comments?
WickedBlue chapter 24 . 1/31
Wow. This fic was so much more than I had even hoped for.

I loved the film since it first came out and that scene where Will tells Robin that he is his brother has always been my favorite. I was watching the film again yesterday and still loving it I found I wanted to see more of the brother dynamics between Robin and Will so I went hunting for fanfiction. And then I found your story and it is just awesome. I so love all the Will - Robin hurt comfort, love how you describe Will, love how you keep everybody so well in character.

So, awesome job with the fic. Thank you so much for writing, and finishing, it.
OUATLovr chapter 1 . 1/25
Are you still planning on writing that sequel?
The Power Of Names chapter 2 . 12/5/2014
You have to love Fanny.
Guest chapter 8 . 6/12/2014
Very strong chapter :'-)
Mideila chapter 24 . 1/22/2014
God. This is a masterpiece! If someone else has painted to this masterpiece beautiful illustrations, I would die happy! *_*
OUATLovr chapter 24 . 1/8/2014
This is an awesome idea and story! There just aren't enough stories about Will and Robin after they discover that they are brothers on here! Well done! And poor Will...he went through so much in this story.
Ella chapter 24 . 8/11/2013
There weren't enough brotherly scenes in the movie but I hope I would have reacted well if I were in Robin's place. I think it depends on what kind of person you are, some people consider their friends and family more important than themselves, placing both friends and family on equal ground while for some family is more important than friends and some put themselves first but I think Robin considered Will a friend and ally even though Will hated him and I think Will didn't hate Robin as much as he hated Robin's actions so realizing that Will was his brother was enough for Robin and realizing that Robin was a better man than he had been as a young boy was enough to sway Will's opinion although they definitely needed more time to right their wrongs. Besides after just finding your younger sibling wouldn't you hang onto them twice as tightly if they then accompanied you on a dangerous rescue mission and almost died. I loved the way you made them slowly become closer as the story progressed though, the way you portrayed the relationships between the characters was amazing and I really loved Azeem calling Will 'younger Christian' all the time, but I mean really what happened to names, Azeem? You'd think he would have started calling these people by their names by the end of the movie, but no- oops sorry, was I ranting? I do that a lot. recap, awesome story, relationships between characters were awesome, Azeem is very wise but his lack of understanding of English language and customs is very funny. Generally an awesome story. I talk to much. Bye!
Edna Pests chapter 23 . 5/9/2013
"You said, 'don't leave'…Will, I won't leave you…I'd never do that."" Not everything is about YOU, Robin!
Edna Pests chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Go listen to Valjean's Soliloquy. It reminds me so much of Will's struggle as you've described it, with Robin as the Priest.
AliuIce0814 chapter 24 . 5/8/2013
This is the best story I have read in quite a long time. I love Robin and Will, and I desperately needed to see their brotherly bonds strengthen. Thank you so much for writing this. It is incredibly well-written and thought-out and well worth the read.
LishaChan chapter 22 . 4/16/2013
So I just watched PoT again last night and then had to go read your fic again! Really hoping that you publish the sequel soon!

haha apparently I've been reviewing a lot xD
talk-ape chapter 16 . 3/26/2013
Brilliant backstory.
I am treating this as canon it is so darn good.
Dun dun dun about the nobleman
talk-ape chapter 10 . 3/26/2013
This, this is what's missing from the film.
Brilliant s far, the level of character depth and thought in this is great.
You GET Will.